Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Discussion 14/1/14 21z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, new thread for you all, so please carry on here

old thread here  -------------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/78623-ireland-regional-discussion-29112013/page-36

Posted

A very mild 9 degrees tonight at 9pm… Compared to the bitter -2 last night.

Posted

This winter is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare to be honest! No real cold to talk about although the Glenshane was closed earlier this evening due to snow and fog. We did have a bit of sleet here in Derry earlier but who wants that! Lol! Unless this SSW can provide for us then we may just look forward to Spring/Summer. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

yea i'm completely micturated off with this winter atleast we've had some pretty impressive frosts lately.

Posted

Yep roll on the summer! Got to be the biggest borefest ever in relation to cold and snow and currently looks like no change on the horizon at all. Just horrific to be honest. I really have had enough waiting for snow. Even in other crappy years at least we got the odd day or two of a good northerly when waiting for a cold spell. This year! ZIP!!! It's just utterly pathetic! Not only here may I add but Europe is dire as well! Everyone needs to emigrate to canada and USA I feel! Lol

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

If winter were to disappear as it seems to be doing this year .. would this become the first day of spring  and yesterday the last day of autumn ?

Edited by be cause
  • Like 1

Posted

By mon or tues of next week I now fully expect much better runs in terms of cold prospects. Things are now changing for the better and I expect snow last week of jan! Everything is going to fall into shape and there will be a lot of happy people on here. I expect the east to bear the brunt of the snow snd cold but everyone will be prone to a covering of some description. Expect big upgrades in the days ahead.

Posted

Not that confident YET! But I see why you have renewed confidence!Fingers, toes, and all other appendages crossed!

Posted

Yes all will be crossed rocheydub! However I'm fairly confident in my prediction. Come start of next week wait and see the turnaround. However there will be the odd downer as well. But generally the tide is turning to a colder end Jan and cold feb !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost

the third unlovely day this year ..

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

a dull cloudy wet day here,on the cold side got up to 4.7c,now at 3.6c. maybe i will see a bit of sleet if im lucky lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Blue skies, frosty start, crisp air.... that's a bit more like it!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Hardly a cloud in the sky today,lovely winter sunshine and felt nice and fresh. Max temp 5.4c,current temp 2.1c.

Inevitabley the rain is on its way later tonight into the morning,same old story.

Posted

Yep. And america continues to get hammered by copious amounts of snow! We all need to move from this mild mush of a country!

Posted

Hi Ronan,

All eyes remain on the Stratosphere at the moment, I reckon no real cold until mid February at the earliest although there may be the odd day with wintriness.

Posted

Some brilliant output this morning especially for east facing coastline counties, but all very marginal. The Azores is still too close for comfort, if the trigger low that drags the cold towards us shifts east a but more or north a but more, we could be out of luck. Still, nice to see at the stage, and something worth following.

Kudus to to UKMO if it does transpire, they've been very consistent with their raw output! Won't get excited until it's within 96/72, but will defo be following closely!

Posted
By mon or tues of next week I now fully expect much better runs in terms of cold prospects. Things are now changing for the better and I expect snow last week of jan! Everything is going to fall into shape and there will be a lot of happy people on here. I expect the east to bear the brunt of the snow snd cold but everyone will be prone to a covering of some description. Expect big upgrades in the days ahead.[/quot

Could I be right in this prediction last week! Looks a bit better this morn but better than it has been

Posted

Very slowly but surely things are improving. Certainly for the east/ northeast of ireland ! Long way to go yet though! Hope your bearing up ok pomeroysnow. O how the years go in

• Like 1