Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell Next Week Discussion. (18 November) Onwards.

Skullzrulerz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well I wasn't really counting the south of England thats why I  said 'most areas'. Which will include: NI, Scotland, North of England and ROI. 

Heavy snow symbol for me at 6pm tomorrow.  TBH the cold spell is nowhere near what it could be but its better than being 10c and raining all the time, at least we will see some snow. Think its gonna be a shock to the system here anyway, down for a 3c max on Tuesday. 

Sorry buddy, while the charts are not quite accurate at regional levels at the moment, there is no indication of anything widespread, even in the North. Using 'most areas' is still way off the mark i'm afraid. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Well this is my forecast for Tuesday, and If that happens I am happy enough. 

And with -8/9c uppers I would expect quite a large number to see snow.

post-15021-0-55168200-1384700862_thumb.p

Edited by smithyweather

Posted

Well this is my forecast for Tuesday, and If that happens I am happy enough. 

And with -8/9c uppers I would expect quite a large number to see snow.

That's the light snow symbol, and as far as i know, those forecasts are generated without any human input. I'm not saying you won't see any, but you do seem to be disregarding the quality posts that AWD and a few others made about the other atmospheric factors required.

• Like 1

Posted

Well I wasn't really counting the south of England thats why I  said 'most areas'. Which will include: NI, Scotland, North of England and ROI. 

So to recap, then, that's most areas except........The Midlands, North and South Wales, East Anglia, Central Southern, South West and South East England  ?  ( And probably most of Northern England as well tbh. ) Posted Image . That's probably about 85% of the population who are likely to remain snow free.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So to recap, then, that's most areas except........The Midlands, North and South Wales, East Anglia, Central Southern, South West and South East England  ?  ( And probably most of Northern England as well tbh. ) Posted Image . That's probably about 85% of the population who are likely to remain snow free.

Ah just let the boy have his moment in the snow.....

unless the showers miss Limavady Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I do enjoy the mixed posts! Tell me this.. who can predict at1800 hours Sunday 17th that a heavy sleet shower on Tuesday would - A: be turning more prolonged and heavy turning air colder..

-B: turning to snow.

??

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

I do enjoy the mixed posts! Tell me this.. who can predict at1800 hours Sunday 17th that a heavy sleet shower on Tuesday would - A: be turning more prolonged and heavy turning air colder..

-B: turning to snow.

??

James Madden

Trust me dude Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Before it develops into one, let's nip it in the bud - this is not the time or place for another north -v- south mudslinging match.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Exactly.

I'm sure many would agree too. but there are many posts that contain negative thoughts towards the wintry cold spell and it is snow and is a fine line of wet sleet(that's the mostly rain stuff!)or wet snow to low ground especially south. I would say Scotland could have disruptive snow and higher areas south watch out!edit..just changed would to could! Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

With 516dam and -8c uppers snow is basically guarnteed.

You've still ignored the posts that were given to you yesterday. :/
  • Like 1

Posted

Before it develops into one, let's nip it in the bud - this is not the time or place for another north -v- south mudslinging match.

No but it be snowslinging match next wk..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The only low max  i am getting is 6c.

But then again, you are in the most southern county in the UK, surrounded by a sea that is still warm from summer.

The south was never going to see a deep cold spell with widespread snow, that was never really on the cards despite what the tabloids want you to believe!

• Like 1

Posted

But then again, you are in the most southern county in the UK, surrounded by a sea that is still warm from summer.

The south was never going to see a deep cold spell with widespread snow, that was never really on the cards despite what the tabloids want you to believe!

So true Its like we never get any snow down our road. :(

Posted

I have to say that in lowland East London I'm not expecting to see any snow whatsoever. I expect some frigid mornings which will be a bundle of fun for the early commuters.

I'm also wondering if the developing anticyclonic scenario will offer some fog and frost as that has the potential for some cold days and nights but we'll see.

Posted

Don't forget we not all on a northern hill, if you are then expect full blown snowfall in places, the higher hills in and around London (Chiltens, downs..) i'd expect snow to fall but low ground be difficult to settle but I think be some snow falling at least on low ground south, even in London, next wk

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

No snow forecast for us this week either by the met or by GFS. Going to be cold though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

No snow forecast for us this week either by the met or by GFS. Going to be cold tho

Does your storm shield shred snow as well

Posted

Front clearing here now....brighter to the nw and low cloud clearing.... Can see showers forming in irish sea, on radar, and heading in this direction....