Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Will there by any Cold Or SnowFall in Cornwall this winter

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

No, I've checked.

Posted

Go up to Princetown, they always seem to get a good covering.

Edited by picog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

You are not wrong there!! Its good up here!!

Posted

Well i've just looked and your location is right on the South West coast so actually snow will probably be a long time away.

Your right St.austell is a coastal town/city I Live in penwithick Which is 2c colder sometimes 3c/4c Then st.austell,Back in 2010 When St.austell have rain/sleet/rare covering of snow when  penwithick have snow/blizzards 2cm+.So When will there be any snow in penwithick this winter 2013/14

Posted

I honestly don't know it could be any time.

But usually here 200m can get snow at same date as me or it can get the first snow a few weeks before me. So I would say by end of November surely at the latest. But i'm not from South West England so I don't know what it is like for snow. I know here we almost always have snow by mid-November everywhere.

Edited by smithyweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I would say signs now are good. But those signs have no confidence

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Yes, absolutely you will. We in the mild SW will have the mother of all snowfalls this year, one of those classic, old fashioned, frontal battlefields from yester-year will produce so much snow, we'll be the envy of the nation. All roads in and out of the SW will be blocked, there will be soooo much teeth gnashing from those wanting to visit our snow fields to experience what a real dumping looks like, only to be frustrated that they can't get through. It'll be 1978 all over again, only this time, Cornwall will get in on the action too.

Have a look at these to see what a frontal battleground can do in the West Country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/content/articles/2008/02/21/blizzards_1978_archive_video_feature.shtml

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/34292-feb-1978-and-the-great-west-country-blizzard/

Stock up on camera batteries, keep a full larder and sit back and wait for the snowdrifts to mount up. You'll have to wait until after Christmas though, mid January, through to early February.

Posted

Yes, absolutely you will. We in the mild SW will have the mother of all snowfalls this year, one of those classic, old fashioned, frontal battlefields from yester-year will produce so much snow, we'll be the envy of the nation. All roads in and out of the SW will be blocked, there will be soooo much teeth gnashing from those wanting to visit our snow fields to experience what a real dumping looks like, only to be frustrated that they can't get through. It'll be 1978 all over again, only this time, Cornwall will get in on the action too.

Have a look at these to see what a frontal battleground can do in the West Country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/content/articles/2008/02/21/blizzards_1978_archive_video_feature.shtml

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/34292-feb-1978-and-the-great-west-country-blizzard/

Stock up on camera batteries, keep a full larder and sit back and wait for the snowdrifts to mount up. You'll have to wait until after Christmas though, mid January, through to early February.

Thanks for getting my hopes up i hope one heck of a snowfall MIGHT happen.:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Which mouth do you think most likely it will snow?

Statistically speaking I think Cornwall and Devon's best month is February as the temperature of sea is at its coldest so less modification of colder air occurs then although its pretty close.

post-8911-0-87061000-1381393125_thumb.gi   post-8911-0-79314900-1381393147_thumb.gi 

post-8911-0-76000300-1381395425_thumb.gi

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Princetown is in Devon so dont count...you can always get on top of that brown willy if you want to see some of the white stuff...narf narfPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

WHAT? Posted Image 

Brown Willy is the highest point in Cornwall up on Bodmin moor

Posted

Check this out: one snowfall event, probably not too heavy, mid to late January. Also some melting snow on higher ground a few other times, not disruptive for most places.

Lol, I really hope your analogues are skewed on this one Roger otherwise my interest in winter will wane before it even starts.

Posted

Check this out: one snowfall event, probably not too heavy, mid to late January. Also some melting snow on higher ground a few other times, not disruptive for most places.

I am going to go sleep until next winter now.

Posted

Its very difficult for Cornwall especially Western parts to see decent snow events. Battleground set ups are no good because the sea soon mixes out the colder air. The great West country snow event of Feb 78 was mainly rain in lowland Cornwall.

The best set up is probably a proper easterly such as Jan 87 or Feb 91 though another northerlies can also deliver snow showers.

Edited by Ian Brown
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

Its very difficult for Cornwall especially Western parts to see decent snow events. Battleground set ups are no good because the sea soon mixes out the colder air. The great West country snow event of Feb 78 was mainly rain in lowland Cornwall.The best set up is probably a proper easterly such as Jan 87 or Feb 91 though another lies can also deliver snow showers.

Thought about this and despite being so far West, I agree, because the only other way is via a Northerly (and that only means an absolute pasting for North Cornwall),  Cornwall did do well in Nov 2010 TBF, if fact they got a pasting a good 3 or 4 days before I did.