Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Looking to join a group of chasers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Tornadoes, Interesting Cloud Formation

Good day to you all.

I am looking for an individual or group that would be willing to allowing a very keen amateur to join in their travels.

I live in Boston Lincolnshire, the closest place we have to the prairies I suppose.

I have always been fascinated by thunderstorms and tornadoes , but also have a place for cloud structure, especially a thunderstorm cell seen from many miles away.

I will be out and about Lincolnshire ,the East Midlands, the Fens and East Anglia this spring and summer when possible.

Contact me if you are need another chaser, especially handy with petrol money!

Good Hunting to you all in 2013 and on.

Mark Cuesta Acevedo

post-20255-0-83414000-1366973808_thumb.j

post-20255-0-51836200-1366973831_thumb.j

post-20255-0-26724300-1366973851_thumb.j

post-20255-0-80957900-1366973886_thumb.j

post-20255-0-16997700-1366973945_thumb.j

Posted

Hi Mark, welcome to the forums - I know there are quite a few people who like to get out and about in your neck of the woods so I'm sure they'll be in touch :)

• 1 month later...
Posted

Hi guys, new to this! My name is Tom, and I currently live in Lincolnshire too. Im a complete novice to storm chasing, but id love to get involved. There is plenty I can bring to the table though! I have a car which I will happily use to chase storms. I am an experienced driver, having completed high speed driving courses, skid recovery, off road training etc etc. Also I am a fully trained Emergency Responder, so will happily take the role as team medic if required!! If anyone is interested in letting me join their team, or starting one, please get in touch!!

Regards, Tom

Posted

Good afternoon all. This is a subject which deserves more interest tbh, but for various reasons never really seems to get off the ground. I would be be interested in hooking up with others from time to time when conditions show some potential.

I have a car, and am currently unemployed so all the time in the world, but obviously some financial constraints as to distances I can travel. Im in NW London so Lincolnshire might be out of the question but if there is anyone fairly local to me who is interested please let me know.

Cheers.

Posted

Evening all,

I suppose we have to start somewhere so we could set up a local group!

Just returned from Spain , glorious weather but did get some joy last Monday.

I will post photos in gallery.

Go hunting!

Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I regularly chase around the UK and will happily chase to any corner of the country providing I am free to do so and the storm risk warrants it. With this being my tenth year of UK chasing I have experience of both chasing and understanding how difficult it can be in the UK. 

You need to take into account our weather can change very quickly and our roads are busy. We have a much higher density of towns and cities than in the States and this can make it difficult. On days whereby storms are fast moving, the chance of chasing one and catching it is very low. The name of the game is to work out where the best place for storms is going to be before they occur, then you can pretty much sit and wait for them to form. I tend to sit and wait in areas with a good route to intercept - so for South to North moving storms I would be looking for a W to E road such as the A52.

Nowadays chasing is made much easier for the fact we have better methods of locating storms - netweather extra radar is very useful, to me a necessity, if you want to get the most from your chasing.

Slow moving storms that form under a good wind shear environment are the best to chase as they can last hours before fading out and will be easier to keep up with - June 28th 2012 was a good example Posted Image

Edited by Supacell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

I'm in Peterborough mate, all summer now too, as I will no longer be down Portsmouth anymore. I often go out storm chasing when it is a decent day for it and have spare time, fens is probably the best place to storm chase as it is very flat with country roads that are not busy at all. Almost like a mini mid west haha. Also not a million miles from Boston either mate.

Still waiting this year for a decent storm day though... have not had any at all. It really has been quite a tedious spring for storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and stormy.

I'm from Hull, if any of you are from the Hull area or chasing nearby i would gladly meet up thats if we ever get anything to chase! 

As mentioned above this was only reason i joined the forum was to meet like minded folk that shared an interest in storms and for me its to try and capture them on camera, i've got the gear but not really had a good opportunity to use it Posted Image

Good luck all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

this is something ive always wanted to do but have never had the chance to do it, if these anybody in my area interested in chasing lets meet up,

Happy Hunting

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I'm in Peterborough mate, all summer now too, as I will no longer be down Portsmouth anymore. I often go out storm chasing when it is a decent day for it and have spare time, fens is probably the best place to storm chase as it is very flat with country roads that are not busy at all. Almost like a mini mid west haha. Also not a million miles from Boston either mate.

Still waiting this year for a decent storm day though... have not had any at all. It really has been quite a tedious spring for storms.

Too Right. Had a little storm  one afternoon the other week and I think that has been it! Seems like Western Europe (France/Germany ) is the place to be 

Posted

So a complete lack of any decent storm action so far! Makes you wonder sometimes.