Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Discussions 21/03/13

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Don't lie you have all his albums mega_shok.gif - he is bloody awful, look him up on You tube

"Rock me baby like wagon wheel"

A wagon wheel rocking (I automatically thought of the biscuit version)?

I'm rocking tonight with my very versatile music taste, from Poison to David Gray to Daft Punk to Skid Row to Napalm death to U2.

Precipitation taking its time down in Ireland, very sluggish. Could be 3/4am before it is here.

Posted

Make sure you have your cameras at the ready!

But is anybody else concerned that uppers will turn the precip to rain across NI tomorrow for a time? I think initial snow then to rain before another 24hrs slot of snow from Friday 3pm - Saturday 3pm.

So perhaps just 20-30cms of snow by Saturday evening up there. If it all falls as snow, you would say and not being dramatic, 50-60cm looks more likely in parts.

A wagon wheel rocking (I automatically thought of the biscuit version)?

I'm rocking tonight with my very versatile music taste, from Poison to David Gray to Daft Punk to Skid Row to Napalm death to U2.

Precipitation taking its time down in Ireland, very sluggish. Could be 3/4am before it is here.

The slower the better! It has supposedly rained here since 1pm but in reality nothing more than drizzle at times, the heavy echoes are no showing themselves further south.

Good luck to all, hopefully the 0c isotherm can hang south to give an all snow event.

Posted

Very windy and heavy rain here in dublin. Looking good for you lot in the North

Posted

Wind howling up the road from you Snowydog. Temp is 1.9oC, dew point 0.9oC.

Just had a look at the Met Office forecast for Carryduff. Starts snowing at 12 tonight and doesn't stop until 12am on Sunday!!

Posted

Fair aul bit of blowing going on out there. Was in asda earlier and bread is flying off the shelves!

Baltic too!

Asda doing a special on Morgans. £16 a 70cl bottle and £14 a litre bottle! go figure!

Need to do the final checks outside and clear the decks. If we get enough I might try for the igloo construction!!!!

Snowmen photo competition Watcher???

Posted

Wind howling up the road from you Snowydog. Temp is 1.9oC, dew point 0.9oC.

Just had a look at the Met Office forecast for Carryduff. Starts snowing at 12 tonight and doesn't stop until 12am on Sunday!!

Wow seriously? That will be interesting. Looking forward to the next few days. Gonna be hazardous.

The wind is starting to howl here now. Back gates are flying open :-/

Posted

What's the fasination with Rum on here?

What happened to Whisky and beer?

Watcher probably on his 8th can of Strongbow by now. Will help keep the chill out when he's sledging past Snowydog's house later.

tongue.png

Posted

Fair aul bit of blowing going on out there. Was in asda earlier and bread is flying off the shelves!

Baltic too!

Asda doing a special on Morgans. £16 a 70cl bottle and £14 a litre bottle! go figure!

Need to do the final checks outside and clear the decks. If we get enough I might try for the igloo construction!!!!

Snowmen photo competition Watcher???

Where abouts are you? (I'm on phone so can't see the wee profile bits at the side)

I was in tesco and the place is packed. People stocking up on supplies. I might park my car at the bottom of my hill later. Need t go to work tomorrow but I wouldn't be able to because my hill is dangerous

What's the fasination with Rum on here?

What happened to Whisky and beer?

Watcher probably on his 8th can of Strongbow by now. Will help keep the chill out when he's sledging past Snowydog's house later.

tongue.png

:D he's gone all quiet too :-O

Posted

Just watched Michael Fish's forecast, and I'm fairly sure he said there could be as much as 75cm of snow for the higher parts of Northern Ireland!! Sweet lord! If any of you live high up, by yourself a periscope!

Posted

I'm up in Baronscourt in Carryduff.

Watcher maybe having a wee kip before the night watch.

Ah yes I know it. Hoping the gritters are out on the main roads.

Not a bad idea, might do that myself. Wee nap first.

People on Facebook in Lisburn said they didn't have any sleet/snow though might just be starting in different areas

Posted

My Dad is from Connecticut and often talks about the Nor Easters they would get with 100cm snowfalls, would be good to be the one telling the stories for once.

He reckons he once got lost walking from his driveway to the house. You couldn't see your hand in front of your face.

Posted

My Dad is from Connecticut and often talks about the Nor Easters they would get with 100cm snowfalls, would be good to be the one telling the stories for once.

He reckons he once got lost walking from his driveway to the house. You couldn't see your hand in front of your face.

Wow I hope I get to have a story like that someday. Wish this had of been a bit earlier in the year, we could have had a right big winter cold spell with these conditions

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snooow

Lights had a few flickers there now. I have to leave for work in 30 minutes :( I may not be able to return home in the morning :o!

Posted

Where abouts are you? (I'm on phone so can't see the wee profile bits at the side)

I was in tesco and the place is packed. People stocking up on supplies. I might park my car at the bottom of my hill later. Need t go to work tomorrow but I wouldn't be able to because my hill is dangerous

Hey Snowydog, Im in Ballyclare.

Cant beat a bit of Rum now. None of that oul white rum mind, got to be golden or dark and preferably spiced! Nom nom nom!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,windstorms

M.T on boards.ie or Rodger Smith as he is known here doesn't see what all the hype is about until tomorrow. He can't see any real low level snow until the second half of friday

Folks, bear in mind, the snow risk in Ulster is probably more for the second half of this event, when it begins to move back south tomorrow (evening) and the chances will decrease once the rain arrives because for a time there will be a slight warm advection going on as far north as Antrim. Snow may still happen on higher slopes before Friday afternoon-evening, but the heavier snow seems likely to begin then and last into Saturday morning. I think it may mix and melt near sea level but land and stick on hills, inland counties of Ulster could see a heavy snowfall event. For Donegal I imagine the outcome will be quite variable place to place, which is not much of a forecast but if you wanted to estimate, snow will be greater wherever ground is sloping up to west and winds can attack from east. If that is opposite to your situation then you might not see much snow.

Posted

M.T on boards.ie or Rodger Smith as he is known here doesn't see what all the hype is about until tomorrow. He can't see any real low level snow until the second half of friday

Folks, bear in mind, the snow risk in Ulster is probably more for the second half of this event, when it begins to move back south tomorrow (evening) and the chances will decrease once the rain arrives because for a time there will be a slight warm advection going on as far north as Antrim. Snow may still happen on higher slopes before Friday afternoon-evening, but the heavier snow seems likely to begin then and last into Saturday morning. I think it may mix and melt near sea level but land and stick on hills, inland counties of Ulster could see a heavy snowfall event. For Donegal I imagine the outcome will be quite variable place to place, which is not much of a forecast but if you wanted to estimate, snow will be greater wherever ground is sloping up to west and winds can attack from east. If that is opposite to your situation then you might not see much snow.

Too much emphasis on GFS output IMO.

But definitely to be more marginal tomorrow than it will be from Friday night/Saturday AM. :)

Edited by Matty M

Posted

Think I will stick to the met office. Could just be sour grapes from roger. Time will tell. What will be will be!! One thing for sure is we will see snow! How much. Anybody's guess!