Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2013 Chasing Season

Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Here's an interesting chart. It displays the number of days since the last tornado warning issued by each local NWS office: http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/nws/days_since.php?phenomena=TO&significance=W Most of OK at 25 days and NC TX at 92 days. Just about sums-up the season so far, although I have a suspicion that it's all about to change.

i hope you're right!

Posted

Here's an interesting chart. It displays the number of days since the last tornado warning issued by each local NWS office: http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu/nws/days_since.php?phenomena=TO&significance=W Most of OK at 25 days and NC TX at 92 days. Just about sums-up the season so far, although I have a suspicion that it's all about to change.

Which all goes to prove that tornado chasing in Washington State is a bit like waiting for a number 54 bus to come along.

It could be years before you see onePosted Image

• 5 months later...

That is someone else Matty, a guy called Lee who is from Reading, Looks like he has gone out for the Easter Holidays for 2 weeks (Maybe a Teacher etc) and teamed up with an American Chaser. His chase dates were 1st - 15th April and it looks like he might now return to the UK With a zero Tornado count, that is the BIG Risk going so early in the Season with big gaps between systems especially with Polar Cold Fronts like this.Lets hope he gets something out of today and Thursday as after that the Moisture looks to be back down in Mexico.RegardsPaul S

I only came across this by searching our team name through Google to make sure know one has put it to other uses but I am glad I have as it looks like a pretty good forum. Yeah I am from Reading and no I'm not a teach. I am the owner of Uk2USA. Yeah I could only get them dates thanks to work, but next time im going a little later and for longer too with the rest of the group. It wasn't the best time to go but we had some pretty good chase days inc the tornado in Mississippi just before it dissipated as we were caught out due to a major accident on the route their. Feel free to add us on Facebook and message us if you would like to chat. Take care. Lee