Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland regional discussion 21/12/12 and beyond

The watcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Here ye go scallywags, so Christmas just round the corner with a possible N/NW incursion soon. Discuss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow!

MetE forcasting possible wintry showers on Christmas daysmiliz34.gif hopefully they won't be confined to upper levels! Your Thoughts?

Posted

Thought you had disappeared of the face of the Earth! Lol! I really don't Know what to think about anything weather wise at the minute!! I think something is brewing but not till January some time. If anything happens on Boxing Day then I think it will be brief! What's your thoughts Watcher?

Posted

My thoughts are for a couple of transient North or Northwest spells in the next 10 days and feeling cool/cold. Some wintry showers around. Still this weekend and start of next week will be mild though. Beyond new year I have not a clue at this stage. We are due a relatively strong cold spell, I would punt at this being from the North as the Russian HP (pain in the hole) fades away.

Posted

No surprises this morning then just a big fat downgrade!! Really feel for the areas that have flooding at the minute especially with it be Christmas! Some serious heavy rain here this morning!!

Posted

Very mild out!

Done all the crappy shopping thing. Logs, coal, turf in!

Booze in.

Pressies bought ages ago.

Christmas ASDA shop done last night and was the most stress free in years thanks to protesters who stopped anyone getting in by the main entrance (not many know you can walk in from the other side)

Veg shop run done and butcher run done (just the big bird to get on Crhistmas Eve).

Very happy with all done so far.

Going to see the big man in the red suit at Logwood later!

A wee Port then for later tonight. Who's for joiining me for a virtual sniffter then??? About 8.30pm all can raise their glasses to our Ireland weather community!

Posted

Outrageously mild out -10 degrees coming back from the Boucher Road. Joined a gym a few days ago so swimming off the rather nice lunch I had a few hours before.

As to the weather, the pattern has to change sooner later and there's a lot of winter to go. I'd put money on a few tickles from the north in the next couple of weeks but after that? Will strat warming help bring about fhe change we want? Answers on a postcard please. Glass will be duly raised at 8.30 to the Irish weather watchers.

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

What a dull miserable day today. Cloudy with some rain every now and again. Mildest temp ive recorded for a number of weeks 12.5c. The weather is not in a very festive mood but ah well.

Posted

Well, it won't be the Christmas weather everyone wished for but regardless, hope you all have a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. Merry Christmas folks.

Posted

happy xmas to all,eat and drink and be merry. heres hoping that the weather after the festive season will sooner or later turn more interesting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

And an angel of the Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the LORD shone around them; and they were terribly frightened.

And the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people;

for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.

And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths, and lying in a manger." Luke 2. v 9-12

Thanks be to God for his indescribable gift. 2 Corinthians 9. v 15

On the "Official Birthday" of the LORD Jesus the Messiah, the Saviour of the World - a very Happy Christmas to you all back home!

A festive feel this morning in Perth. Temperature +0.3C and foggy.

Posted

Merry chrimbo Ireland regional goers. I give you all the gift of promise, promise that we will soon see our snow.

Posted

looks like a ssw event likely for early jan. if luck is on our side hopefully a few weeks down the road things could get very interesting. i think this ssw could b the make or break of our winter,if it doesnt deliver cold for this part of the world i reckon thats it for us. for most of jan we will just have to play the waiting game and see what happens. fingers crossed.