Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Upcoming Cold (Chilly?) Snap

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

So any way.. back to the cold spell?? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

So any way.. back to the cold spell?? biggrin.png

Do you want a job as a moderator? rofl.gif

Yes please, lets stick to what it says on the title of the thread, not that difficult really, is it?

Judging by the GFS 06z ensembles, it may well be more than just a snap, having said that, many may have to wait for their snowfest, understandingly, given the time of year. good.gif 12z runs rolling out right now.

post-7183-0-67325300-1351008089_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-42076200-1351008108_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-55901100-1351008123_thumb.pn

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold.

Yes please, lets stick to what it says on the title of the thread, not that difficult really, is it?

Judging by the GFS 06z ensembles, it may well be more than just a snap, having said that, many may have to wait for their snowfest, understandingly, given the time of year. good.gif 12z runs rolling out right now.

post-7183-0-67325300-1351008089_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-42076200-1351008108_thumb.pnpost-7183-0-55901100-1351008123_thumb.pn

Checked the ensembles last night. Quite an impressive drop in temp. Even after the initial blast, it never really recovers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I can think of worse charts to end October with;

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/gfse_cartes.php?ech=132&code=0&mode=0&carte=1

Snow possible on high ground in the north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mild Spring , hot summer , crisp autumn and snowy cold winters

Ha ! It was the bossy boots in me coming out . Looks like thing are really shaping up ! As much as I would love to see some early snow flurries I would settle for some clear bright cold days :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

First snow event properly ive spotted for England check out early hours monday morning at midnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

First snow event properly ive spotted for England check out early hours monday morning at midnight

That'd fall as rain unfortunately 850hPa temperatures are too mild and the air thickness isn't ideal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

That'd fall as rain unfortunately 850hPa temperatures are too mild and the air thickness isn't ideal

I was just going off the precipatation type feature on the GFS Model

Posted

Oooh , hard to not get a little excited about this !

uksnowrisk.png

Edited by Letitsnowyorkshire

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Not expecting much for our little Isle in this upcoming spell wintry precipitation wise. Certainly decent frosts to look forward to but any sleet/snowfall reserved for hill tops/mountains with maybe a little wintry mix inland to lower levels. I'm talking about Ireland here....before anyone decides to take a huff and puff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and Snow

Oooh , hard to not get a little excited about this !

uksnowrisk.png

Looks like it misses west yorkshire, 50-55% of snow in Newcastle though.

Edited by Barry95

Posted

I dont mind a snow chase if needs be :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'd guess that, away from Scotland (and even there away from higher ground), the chances of sea-level snowfall will be slim to non-existent.The relative warmth generated by our seas will also minimise any chances of seeing any white stuff along windward coasts...

I said exactly the same thing in 2008, and look how accurate I was then!rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Apparently according to the NW homepage - the temperature in both Norwich and 'Leeds and Bradford' is 0C right now - how accurate is this? Is this dense fog causing an Inversion?

As for my location its being dense fog here all day (and yesterday) and it seems to be getting thicker still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Apparently according to the NW homepage - the temperature in both Norwich and 'Leeds and Bradford' is 0C right now - how accurate is this? Is this dense fog causing an Inversion?

As for my location its being dense fog here all day (and yesterday) and it seems to be getting thicker still.

It was 17 here a couple of hours ago...I don't think it's dropped by 17 since then!laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

With all this talk about snow probability, our predictions regarding snowfall at ranges from <t+6 can often be futile, so with that in mind, even Scotland could miss out. rofl.gif Then again, perhaps the South Coast or even Guernsey could get a snowflake or two.

All guesswork but I suppose that is part of the fun in here. As for me, previous experience tells me that local hill snow would be most likely scenario, based on current synoptics. Also, after all is said and done, we then need all of the following to occur, yet alone a weather front or something to kick it all off. friends.gif

The chill is a coming, that we can be sure of - http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=10day;sess=

*the above link contains a link to Gavin P's video guide on snowfall prediction. Within 48 hours, the first few flakes should start settling up north. smiliz23.gif

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

With all this talk about snow probability, our predictions regarding snowfall at ranges from <t+6 can often be futile, so with that in mind, even Scotland could miss out. rofl.gif Then again, perhaps the South Coast or even Guernsey could get a snowflake or two.

All guesswork but I suppose that is part of the fun in here. As for me, previous experience tells me that local hill snow would be most likely scenario, based on current synoptics. Also, after all is said and done, we then need all of the following to occur, yet alone a weather front or something to kick it all off. friends.gif

*the above link contains a link to Gavin P's video guide on snowfall prediction. Within 48 hours, the first few flakes should start settling up north. smiliz23.gif

You never know, a second batch of cold air might come in and provide us with the goods good.gif

Posted

You never know, a second batch of cold air might come in and provide us with the goods good.gif

On current output, there could certainly be several reload attempts too. Friday, Monday and maybe further into next week are all dates which should keep a close watch on. good.gif

Posted

Highs of 6C on Friday and 5C on Saturday here, the feel like temperature doesn't get above 2C on Saturday rofl.gif

Posted

They're iffy reports from the 2 stations :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Looks like it misses west yorkshire, 50-55% of snow in Newcastle though.

Failed geography? It shows a high risk of snow covering all of West Yorkshire.

Posted

According to wunderground it's 11C in Bradford and 12C in Leeds.

Failed geography? It shows a high risk of snow covering all of West Yorkshire.

I genuinely did fail Geography rofl.gif

Posted

should be in regional

Edited by Barry95