Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Discussion - October 22nd 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to a new thread.....

Although it is still very early in the season it's been great to see so many of you back here already, a big hello to any newby's who might be lurking - please don't be shy, these regional threads are geared for a more general 'chatty' discussion to give all members a chance to post and discuss the weather or potential weather within our region and also to enjoy reading informative and occasionally humorous posts.

The chat room is perfect for general conversation and can be found here... http://forum.netweather.tv/chat/

For those of you that may have missed it in the previous thread there is a regional meet up arranged on Saturday 8th December at the Shenley Lodge Toby Carvery in Milton Keynes, if you would like more information on this please let me know, there has been quite a lot of interest shown already and there is about two thirds capacity provisionally booked for the private dining area I have reserved for us.

Ali – aka Snowangel angel.gif

the previous thread can be found here...... http://forum.netweat...tober-4th-2012/

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Yellow Warning of Fog for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire, Milton Keynes, Oxfordshire, Greater London, Hampshire, Reading, West Berkshire, Windsor and Maidenhead, Wokingham, Bracknell Forest, Slough, Surrey, Kent, Medway, West Sussex & East Sussex

Yellow Warning of Fog for East of England :

Norfolk, Cambridgeshire, Peterborough, Bedford, Suffolk, Central Bedfordshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Luton & Thurrock valid from

Issued at: 0155 on Mon 22 Oct 2012

Valid from: 0300 on Mon 22 Oct 2012

Valid to: 1100 on Mon 22 Oct 2012

Fog will become more widespread overnight, particularly over hills where some dense areas of fog seem likely.

The public should be aware that fog may cause some disruption to travel.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/?regionName=ee&from=rss&sn=BC086270-DC72-361E-FDC6-85691CCD437B_1_EE

Posted

Yeppers can confirm it foggy here not very dense tho atm

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yes, it's misty here. Hopefully the drive to work won't be too bad.smile.png

Posted

Dank, dark and dreary (the weather I mean) and yes, we have lots of mist. Looking forward to the change of weather coming up at the end of the week with maybe some frosty clod days from Friday onwards?

Edited by Coast

Guest archiesmummy

Morning, not just foggy here but spooky fog according to my 3year old!

Love looking at it but is going to make my hair frizzy!

Had much more rain than was expecting yesterday, my met office app was showing sun all day and yes it was updating!

Loving what might be coming this weekend! Was lovely to see snow on the country file forecast, even if it wasn't showing IMBY!

Have good day all :)

Posted

Morning, well all take care out there - it seems to have got thicker here as it's got light ph34r.png

Posted

Not exceedingly low yet, but a bit of a shock for us come Friday after the mild drabness:

post-6667-0-98168200-1350890870_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-42126800-1350890886_thumb.pn

Then through the weekend into next week:

post-6667-0-33142400-1350890897_thumb.pn

post-6667-0-50313200-1350890892_thumb.pn

Time to dig the Winter woollies out? cold.gif

Posted

Rather foggy here too this morning. Looking forward to some crisp frosty mornings and of course enjoying all the banter in the model thread. Seems the silly season has started early this year. Have a great day all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. It's misty in Ippy. I do like a bit of mist. :) Still fairly mild though.

Have a great start to the week everyone. :)

Posted

Have a great start to the week everyone. smile.png

I wish it was the other end of the week though :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

foggy here too,but is lifting.

May i also say i cant believe hom many people are driving around with no lights on in the fog!!!

Makes me mad.

Anyway have a good day all,take care x

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

MK, I've pm'd you. good.gif

Slight mist here still. 11.8c and 0.2mm is today's rainfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

foggy here too,but is lifting.

May i also say i cant believe hom many people are driving around with no lights on in the fog!!!

Makes me mad.

Anyway have a good day all,take care x

Totally agree, we hit thick fog and this SILVER 4x4 had no lights on, I was behind her and I continuously flashed my lights, she got the message and put the fog lights on though.

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

Morning all,

Still quite a thick fog here (in Brighton) visibility of about 200 meters. But I am stuck up on a hill here, so not sure what it's like lower down.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, lots of it.

Hi All, I have been lurking in the shadows since last winter. Netweathers' a great site so finally decided to join the fun. It is very misty today. walked the dog earlier and barely had 250 yards of visibility. Looking forward to the colder shot this weekend and hoping it will be the theme for this winter!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Hi All, I have been lurking in the shadows since last winter. Netweathers' a great site so finally decided to join the fun. It is very misty today. walked the dog earlier and barely had 250 yards of visibility. Looking forward to the colder shot this weekend and hoping it will be the theme for this winter!

Welcome aboard VL, you'll find this thread in particular, comes alive with the mere mention of snow. drinks.gif

Please stick around and post whenever you can. good.gif

Posted

Welcome aboard VL!! You've picked a good time to 'unhide' yourself as we enter the busy period and what generally becomes a roller-coaster of madness!!! So strap yourself in and enjoy the ride!

Roller_Coaster_Snow_1_by_Nico_Stock.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Welcome to NW, VL. It's a great community and you'll learn loads as well as have a chuckle now and again. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow, lots of it.

Thanks for the welcome everytone. I'm not sure how to reply to multi posts all at once, if that is possible!

I am buckled up and ready for the fun with valium to hand if we should get a repeat of 2011. LOL.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Thanks for the welcome everytone. I'm not sure how to reply to multi posts all at once, if that is possible!

I am buckled up and ready for the fun with valium to hand if we should get a repeat of 2011. LOL.

Hit the qoute button like I have, then hit Post. Then quote someone else's comment and they should all automatically get bunched together.

LIKE SO! biggrin.png

Edited by PerfectStorm

Posted

Hi All, I have been lurking in the shadows since last winter. Netweathers' a great site so finally decided to join the fun.

Hi Vertical Limit, I'm pleased you've decided to join in the fun at last good.gif

There is a regional group meet up (the first of many such events I hope) on December 8th, this time it's in Milton Keynes so let me know if you feel brave enough to meet some of us crazy people face to face crazy.gif

Oh yes seat belts tightly fastened please.....and when we hit turbulence I will be passing though the cabin with the chill pills !

angel.gif

As PS has said or hit multiquote on all the posts you want to reply to !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

As others have said, welcome Vertical Limit!good.gif

Driving to work today I encountered nothing much worse than mist, but it's still here.