Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter 2012 / 2013 Part 2

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

Your just showing off now.laugh.png

Its no fun at all...winter is now my least favourite season of the year because of it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

I'm not an idiot - but Atlantic Canada is incredibly snowy due to the cold climate and position near the moist Atlantic.

And yeah Toronto is pretty pathetic compared to most of Canada but is a breath of fresh air compared to here with regards to winter snowfall removal.

Do you suggest we spend a few billion on the off chance we may need more then the odd snow shovel.

It cost money to remove snow and if London had -20c every year and tons of snow, it to would cope very well.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Click on my name - sorry, it was too long to fit here......

As someone who lives close to 1000ft here in the Peak District I too can say the hype is short lived when considering factors such as amenities, public transport, heating costs, accidents, etc. When you're stuck waiting for the Buxton train because it's stuck in snowdrift, having to walk on roads because pavements resemble ice-rinks, and shivering under 2 duvet covers as the power is out and only a generator for basic necessities it quickly becomes a pain.

April of this month especially with the huge snowfall we had at the end of the season led to almost every road closed, with the A6 bumper-to-bumper, livestock suffering, and the nearby MedEvac helicopters on constant rotation due to demand as services were unable to cope with the roads & demand.

I grew up in Glossop and was there to my mid twenties. There was never anything that couldn't be dealt with as long as you were organised. We got cut off frequently but there was never any fuss about food and such. Maybe people just don't know what to do anymore, they shouldn't need to be educated by a harsh winter but I fear that some would find blame in everyone but themselves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WHITE GOLD

Its no fun at all...winter is now my least favourite season of the year because of it!

That bad. :-(