Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 17th July 2012>

Posted

Normally in these situations any electrical activity ceases once it reaches my location,but

i always delude myself that it will be different this time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Was sat at Almondsbury interchange a short while ago in torrential rain with thunder and lightning. Incredible rain! Haven't seen anything like it for some time. But not to forget I have now seen lightning and heard thunder for the 1st time in years! What is also amazing that just 2 miles from the A38 where I live, it is completely bone dry. Just got back to have some fish n chips and now contemplating going out again!

What do you reckon AWD?

I went up to Stroud earlier which was the biggest mistake ever. Nothing happened up there at all. Got back down to Keynsham around 16.30 and cells started to develop along the Bristol Channel, and they still are of sorts now. Couldnt and wouldnt of got over the other side of Bristol in time for the cell that hit a couple of hours ago though, the one you experienced. Been bone dry here in Keynsham, nothing at all. Can see the storm you saw from here though, looks good.

Wouldnt really go out and about now, probably a bit late in the day now, expect to see showers/cells start to decay slowly soon.

Tomorrow looks to have just as good potential as today though, so we got every chance of getting more, or in my case my first, storm again tomorrow. Will debate in the morning whether to stay put or to travel again. Not going to Stroud though, B'ah! fool.gifnea.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

evening /ACTIVE WEATHER DUDE whats going on around here , 30min ago zilch now at 2015 one hell of a crack and torrential for just one minute ,clouds to my west moving east ,clouds to my south moving north , can see a few thunder heads out southwest behind the scuds . what will tomorrow bring could all kick of early with places further east getting hammered , hope you all get a bit cheers drinks.gif