Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 17th July 2012>

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Think you've missed my point, Nick. What's this about bias? I didn't even imply that. Of course you're not biased.

My point was simply that certain members' posts are valued more than others. Following on from your forecast on the previous page a case in point.

Why is that an issue? It is not for me. Your post yesterday and on the MOD thread are very informative and beyond my interpretation at times. good.gif We all have our favourites, film stars, music stars and/or football team being prime examples in general everyday life. For sure, each and every comment is greatly valued within these forums, especially when reporting storms, as is the discussion point on here., sorry MODS. pleasantry.gif

Talking of which, approximately 10 Thunder claps from the last cell near RG14. 4.8mm or so of rainfall and some small lofted hail.

Nice......

Regards and keep the reports coming.

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just heard a rumble of thunder as a sharp shower passed through here.

Hello cmimrie, where was here? Can you update your profile to show your location please. good.gif I see Andover had a storm a few moments ago and I suspect further south into Hants did too. My cell over Newbury has cleared through to sunnier skies now but will it end there?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms

Thunder rumbling away to the south here. Quite close but the main core has missed us :)

Posted

You can indeed smile.png. Already the odd sferic in NE Yorkshire (not West Yorkshire) but loads across the southern East Midlands and the SE. Just moderate rain here, but not disappointed as don't expect anything here today.

Could be a few flashes overnight in the NW too if latest NMM is anything to go by (but not as far east as here)

Not trying to clever here acute.gif but Supacell, please you can add parts of Somerset, Berkshire and Hampshire to that list now. A pretty impressive day for a few folk in actual fact, see below.

post-7183-0-26859900-1343564866_thumb.gi

Is it not worth a chase for you though, SC? search.gif

Not a bad day all in all with regard to Thundery type showers, as predicted by the media and yes, by some forum members. You know who you are and Many Thanks again. good.gif

Heres to later and next week and beyond, still dreaming of a continental MCS drifter though.aggressive.gif

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Jo the front edge is now arriving in Southend, loud thunder here, storm number 2 smile.png

Still kicking off here nearly 15 minutes later!!

Posted

Doesn't surprise me, to be honest. Took a while for you to respond there though, Chiono. Saying that, dishing out 'likes' to select members can be time-consuming.

206_stars.jpg

Posted

Great storm in BasVegas. Actual thunder and lightening! Had rotation onn the front of the storm as well.

Very slow moving then as it's just arrived in Rayleigh!!!

Posted

Just for a laugh, I checked the latest update (an hour behind current time) for today from the MetO for my neck of the woods and low and behold, they didn't predict a Thunderstorm over my head. mega_shok.gif

Bloody pathetic, a truly terrible forecast considering all their knowledge and understanding and expensive supercomputer outputs. Around 1pm as I reported earlier I received 10 Thunder claps or more, some of which being deadly CGs and hail for good measure. sorry.gif

post-7183-0-56548800-1343566011_thumb.gi

The above acute.gif is said with a huge slice of sarcasm but it must make us all realise that the weather often does whatever it likes. The human race and/or computer input will never get weather forecasts 100% accurate and they never will. I love the unpredictability of it and that is why I subscribe to netweather.

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Not trying to clever here acute.gif but Supacell, please you can add parts of Somerset, Berkshire and Hampshire to that list now. A pretty impressive day for a few folk in actual fact, see below.

post-7183-0-26859900-1343564866_thumb.gi

Is it not worth a chase for you though, SC? search.gif

Not a bad day all in all with regard to Thundery type showers, as predicted by the media and yes, by some forum members. You know who you are and Many Thanks again. good.gif

Heres to later and next week and beyond, still dreaming of a continental MCS drifter though.aggressive.gif

gottolovethisweather

I have my two children with me today and not sure they would appreciate being made to sit in a car for hours lol, so no chasing for me today. If I had been chasing I wouldn't have stayed in these parts today as other areas far more favourable.

Of course i would happily add Somerset, Berkshire, Hampshire - other parts of the country also doing well and although I never mentioned all of them i was referring to the best areas likely to be East Midlands and SE not the only areas (see my clever politician style backtrack there ;)) I do, however, stand by that there will be no sferics in West Yorkshire today.

Posted

Lovely and sunny here, anything around the northwest at all or is it business as usuall?

looks like the usual areas getting their storms again, dont expect much in the north west , robbie garret brought one up for the north west yesterdayair_kiss.gif but didnt get it here sorry.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Was rudely woken at 5am by a bang of loud thunder followed by torrential rain for the best part of an hour after that. Another rumble followed after but I'm not sure if any came before the initial one. We often get Severn streamers in the early hours from this type of setup but rarely do they contain thunder until the afternoon by which time they've mostly cleared off anyway.

Now, clear blue skies and sunshine with a brisk wind.

Posted

Here's another photo of a new storm that's heading through;

https://twitter.com/...0/photo/1/large

Beautiful capture.

I'm not sure where Whitehill is but if it's near that squall line of cells in East Hampshire, that one could well stay electrically charged IMHO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Just got back from Cliveden house near Beaconsfield, Bucks ...... Got back in the car at the right time. It was lashing down, hail mixed in, good bangs and flashes. Roads were like rivers through Wooburn Green and Bourne End. Now very grey/dark to the East and clear to the West! More please :-)

Posted

Beautiful capture.

I'm not sure where Whitehill is but if it's near that squall line of cells in East Hampshire, that one could well stay electrically charged IMHO.

It's just NE of Portsmouth - http://goo.gl/maps/gK4y

I haven't heard many further rumbles from the storm, although it was to my West when I took the photo, and appears to be tracking towards Guildford/Woking.

Posted

Just the solitary strike here, no more than half a mile away (guessing by the racket it made shanking the windows), but didn't see the strike visually. Looks like the cycling is going to get interesting soon, with another 57km to go and showers lining up close to Box Hill.

Posted

It's just NE of Portsmouth - http://goo.gl/maps/gK4y

I haven't heard many further rumbles from the storm, although it was to my West when I took the photo, and appears to be tracking towards Guildford/Woking.

Made the most of that one then, I think it'll quieten down a lot now for us and those further west, alhough I hope I'm wrong.