Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

Oh man .... do i ever , the best storm ive seen in my lifetime and probably wont see another like it.

Im sure it lasted about 4 hours of constant lightning and thunder , moved away and another one moved in later..floods , power outages , the lot.

Ahhh , the memories. :)

fed up listening to storms just for england tom ! I seriously think we could get a few crackers ? Thoughts

It looks like it could be pretty bad/good for some storms across many areas of Scotland, should be an interesting day.

Posted

You can be pretty confident of some bad storms and tornadoes as I'm out of the country, it always happens!

Just drying out from tropical storm Debby here, we didn't get any thunder or lightning from it though so it was just prolonged torrential rain since I arrived in Florida on Sunday night :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

normally happens to me as well ross no funny ! Any way huge downpour here ! Pretty impressive

That sure looks heavy, any thunder from it? Still dry here but very humid.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Hubby not long in and says that as his train from London was passing through Carluke the build ups to the west were quite alarming. I presume that will be what has given the flooding in Belfast already. Has just start hissing it down here.

Edited by Ceitidh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Hey all. Not often we get advance warning big thunderstorms in Glasgow. Could be interested watching tomorrow. Wonder how it will compare to the impressive electrical storms I've seen abroad.

Heavy rain here now. Might have seen a couple of flickers of sheet lightning but that might just be my imagination.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Loving the vaiety

Been some very heavy rain so far tonight over glasgow although it seems the borders are taking a pounding if the radar is anything to go by

Posted

no thunder from it sadly i will be in glasgow tomorrow and really hoping to catch even flash its been 4 years lol

Posted

Absolutely tipping it down here now sky signal cutting off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Looking forward today its a sferics equivalent of -10 uppers as far as storm or snow casting goes.

Where gets it - who knows>>

Game on !!!!!!!!

Posted

Are we on for a few rumbles today??? I was down south last week and missed the cracker on Friday.

Very wet and muggy here. 15C @ 7am

Posted

Still chances of somethng brewing here I know that but main clusters seem to be moving in a direction where we wouldn't get a direct hit (unless anything else brews) Wouldn't exactly say it been that warm today either but you never know what might happen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

going to completely miss here by looks of

Posted

Storms moving into SE Scotland, going to miss here though and I don't see anything happening here for the rest of today.

Posted

Nice looking storm over Arran just now, some sferics with it. I hope it heads this way and doesn’t fizzle out :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Well, so far, I keep looking and hoping but the showers appear to be missing Fife and following the track of the border and exiting out to sea. Still early days I suppose. We are sitting at 14oC at the moment but dreich seems to be the appropriate description. I suspect people such as SS and CMD are taking a hammering tho'! http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Edinburgh has been mild, still and drizzly all day - was out earlier in shorts and t-shirt walking back across town for an hour, a bit damp but not at all chilly. The 9mm of forecast rain for this evening has dropped back to 6-7mm in the last few hours. Sticky, muggy, that feeling of waiting-for-it-to-break.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Been very misty, humid and warm here up until the last hour when things are starting to break up a bit.

Biggest of the storms now on a SSW-NNE axis and kicking off over Newcastle... Some amazing media around today, hailstones pics and vids and the lightning detector went over 10,000 strikes per hour at one point.

Still a yellow warning in place up until midnight for heavy rain.. wonder what the evening has in store..

Posted

Another tropical growth day whopee!!!! Showery rain all day very dull and overcast currently 20c. No hope of haymaking or any fieldwork.Feels very sultry wonder if we will get a thundery shower eventually to clear the air this evening. Been painting some old machines undercover all day.

Posted

Well looks to be in interesting Thunder Thursday in some place.  But seems many here just missing out?  Some big active areas look to just have missed Glasgow to the West, and another missed Edinburgh to the East?  There is a lot of activity out to sea it looks like but here is is misty, murky, still, and damp feeling.  As Lorenzo says, plenty time yet and some footage appearing on internet of areas that have caught the activity.