Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn

lorenzo

Posted

Think yesterday's epic storm we had here might have been the best we had (locally) since 2004!

Posted

Bugger, Bugger and bugger, missed what my missus described as the worst storm she has seen in the UK, a direct hit. mad.gif Just spent the day driving from Milton Keynes to Luton Airport and then home. Think I needed an outboard more than an internal combustion engine.

Posted

Bugger, Bugger and bugger, missed what my missus described as the worst storm she has seen in the UK, a direct hit. mad.gif Just spent the day driving from Milton Keynes to Luton Airport and then home. Think I needed an outboard more than an internal combustion engine.

Well just having read all the posts above have to concur that it was probably the best storm we have been out in a while as young Mr.Northernlights and myself were at the Royal Highland Show yesterday afternoon where we got rather wet. Best fun was getting out of the car park where lots of light cars were getting totally stuck but we managed to tiptoe out to the perimeter road at the runway and get away.Showground had rivers of water and tents with 6 inches of water in them. Today the airport and the The Royal Bank at Gogarbank are helping them out with 3000 car park spaces.Now home where its raining again and currently 13c. Still managed lots of gossip and moaning yesterday so a good day overall!!!!! This is turning into a memorable year for all the wrong reasons so far as the weather is concerned.

Edited by Northernlights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Ok, ok...

Just a dreary damp cloudy nothing day here with one heavy shower this evening. Bloody snails are desecrating / decimating / butchering the kale, lettuces, runners, anything really. Revenge with a swiftly descending heel is sweet.

Looking at the forecast for the coming week... rinse & repeat but with slightly higher temperatures, so growth should be good.

Posted

A very nice morning and good enough to sit outside with just a few clouds in the vicinity and possibly a few showers. It does seem like later next week we could be in for some more very wet conditions but temperatures at the moment look set to stay around 15-20C.

Posted

Grey, wet, below average temps... I could go on but I'd only make myself angry. This June has been sh*te.

Posted

Grey, wet, below average temps... I could go on but I'd only make myself angry. This June has been sh*te.

Ditto very wet here overnight and still cool at 11c. Absolutely desperate for sustained heat. Walked crops this morning barley still short neeps saved by heavy rain from flea beetle but very slow to grow and grass regrowth equally slow. Calf taken in with footrot this morning third one since they went out to grass probably due to frequent cold wet spells. Something else that I have not experienced with the cattle before in the spring.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

A couple of cells picking up on radar now in a SSE flow. Possible sferics and downpours for Edinburgh again.

Next few days looking much more seasonal - temperatures getting up to the high teens, less rain than the recent monsoon activity.

Monday

post-7292-0-22838900-1340547453_thumb.gi post-7292-0-97379700-1340547465_thumb.gi

Wednesday

post-7292-0-08253800-1340547495_thumb.gi

Then for Thursday a healthy convective outlook for south of the border, how far North the instability goes still the subject of fine tuning... hopeful of an thundery breakdown..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Take off aircraft from Edinburgh Airport usually pass directly overhead, they are diverting slightly to avoid one of the bigger cells.

post-7292-0-65631100-1340551330_thumb.pn

Another drowning going on here, the borders getting smashed too..

Edited by lorenzo

Posted

Rained non-stop overnight, just another sodding grey damp summer's day goes by... Wrist-slitting is usually reserved for lack of snow in winter but this is desperate for June...

Posted

Weather playing havoc with oor House Martins, Easterly blowing weather and driving rain has finally taken their nest doon. RSPB just been oot to rescue the one surviving bird. Wee bird aboot a week off fledging, and looks well so should survive.

Nice enough day here, breezy and dry, blue sky appearing more so, so may get a nice sunset.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Well overall apart from a few showers, not a bad day here.

Looking forward to at least one dry day this week.

Any signs on the horizon of more settled conditions?? Or am i having a daft turn?!lol

Birds are eating us out of fat balls and nuts at an amazing rate - seems to be easier to feed all those chicks from my feeders than manage flies etc in all this rainy weather.

Edited by snowy owl

Posted

Just been out for a walk and the wind has got up to a fresh to strong level from a NW direction making the temperature of 10.8c seem really cold. Very dark, dull and overcast but dry,we had better days in early November last year.

Posted

Weather playing havoc with oor House Martins, Easterly blowing weather and driving rain has finally taken their nest doon. RSPB just been oot to rescue the one surviving bird. Wee bird aboot a week off fledging, and looks well so should survive.

Nice enough day here, breezy and dry, blue sky appearing more so, so may get a nice sunset.

That's sad, hope the tiddler makes it but don't rate its chances... Ours are bombing around, picking up loads of flies for the hungry mouths.

We now have pigeons starting to nest nearby for the first time. Not sure whether to welcome them, knowing their reputation among gardeners and farmers.

NL, why's my kale bolting? I thought it would if it was too dry...unsure.png

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Polluted with magpies here, continually rasping away. As far as I can tell, the pair that we have in the garden have raised one chick which has spent the last few days on the ground. You can always tell if there is a cat or seagulls or crows in the vicinity as the parents go ballistic and actually swoop on the cats which arent long in clearing off! The great tits have managed to successfully raise their brood in the nesting box tho'. They are all off now

Usually have nesting robins year after year but not this y.ear it appears.

Showery here today and rather breezy. Really depressing and disappointing.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Frost and Thunderstorms

Eldest off to Alton Towers at half one this morning and we were treated to a nice display of noticulent clouds thanks to clear skies as we waited outside for her lift.

Posted

Wednesday and thursday looking reasonably good for round 2 and 3 of thundery action during this month for us ;)

Posted

That's sad, hope the tiddler makes it but don't rate its chances... Ours are bombing around, picking up loads of flies for the hungry mouths.

We now have pigeons starting to nest nearby for the first time. Not sure whether to welcome them, knowing their reputation among gardeners and farmers.

NL, why's my kale bolting? I thought it would if it was too dry...unsure.png

Possibly a nip of frost making the plant think it has been through a winter.

Slightly milder here at 12c but overcast just wish it would warm up to help neeps, fill the barley and keep the grass growing.

Posted

Hi folks, thought I would drop in and say hello.

Aye, same problem here with veggies. We had some super weather which was warm and sunny, then it turned cool and damp and my purple sprouting started to bolt.....as did my lettuce.

New lot planted and coming along nicely, if they dont drown first!

Also had to cover everything everything with nets.......the partridges thought i was planting for their benefit!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye, same problem here with veggies. We had some super weather which was warm and sunny, then it turned cool and damp and my purple sprouting started to bolt.....as did my lettuce.

Also had to cover everything everything with nets.......the partridges thought i was planting for their benefit!

Hi Gilly. It seems like we've both moved? D'you mean to say that David Cassidy likes broccoli?

Posted

Hi Mr Tattum...........LOLOLOLOLOL .I had forgotten about the Partridge family.

A new name and promotion!. Well done.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

.Mild this evening with sunny ints. Currently15.2.C. Felt warm in the sun this afternoon with a max of 18.3C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Hi Gilly, great to hear from you! Enjoying life in France I hope? You certainly haven't missed anything what with our warm, snowless winter and, so far, abysmal summer.

Keep in touch.

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Hi Blitzen, thank you........how lovely to hear from you.

Yes thoroughly enjoying life in France.....its back to nature growing our own veggies and fruit..

We saw a brief glimpse of snow one Saturday in Feb which lasted about two hours....and apart from three weeks of frosts during that month its been mild, but very wet at times. The Bretons insist the rain necessary for the Pastis!!! drinks.gif

I dropped into the Kilted thread to keep an eye on the weather......I would have been gutted if you had a lot of snow and we hadnt.

Here is hoping you get some sun and warmth this summer.

Posted

Very nice day here with temps up around 20c. Got humid later in the day, but nothing came of some dark looking clouds.

Took this the other night before heading South about 1am, high clouds were very silver and glistening.... (picture an injustice)

post-2849-0-51736800-1340656111_thumb.jp