Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Significant Snow Risk This Weekend - General Discussion

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

It's going to stall over the west and give us a meter of Snow before fizzling out. The short range models are all wrong... I wish lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

ECM looks fantastic for heavy snow.. it actually shows snow for western areas too.

Posted

The gem has to be pick of the bunch from the 00z outputs. Nae seems to be closer to that than the gfs although the nae doesn't look overly exciting regarding strength of the precip. Still its early days for that model. The 06z from the nmm and nae should help alot to seeing which of the main outputs are right. Ideally we need it further west than the gfs for the good of the majority, even though that would mean slightly less Saturday evening for the far east and south east this area looks good for tonight with metoffice saying 2-5cms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,storms

Snow showers moving into the southeast tonight off the north sea...Ence laying snow in this area never thawing followed by the front from the atlantic moving in on saturday night "major dumping" Most other places...snow to rain advent

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Latest NAE still shows the band starting and remaining as snow into sunday, away from the SW, wales and other immediate west coastal areas:

12020500_0300.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Please post photos. I think the chances are slim to very slim for this area. Birmingham to Peterbourgh is my sweet spot area.

Edited by snow drift

Posted

I hope your right on that snowdrift. I'm bang in the middle of the two. I think currently im on the very western edge of where it will stay as snow. Would prefer gfs to move slightly westwards. Its only one model though and the others do suggest this.

Posted

morning all, well i have to say the local met office forecast for imby is pretty unimpresive to say the least, 3 hours of light snow saturday evening and thats it, i had a gut feeling that we would miss out but i think in other parts we will see some impressive totals.

Posted

morning all, well i have to say the local met office forecast for imby is pretty unimpresive to say the least, 3 hours of light snow saturday evening and thats it, i had a gut feeling that we would miss out but i think in other parts we will see some impressive totals.

Saturday:

Rain in western areas spreading eastwards, turning to snow where it meets the cold air across England, Wales and Scotland, with some significant accumulations possible. Southeast England probably staying dry.

Updated: 0324 on Fri 3 Feb 2012

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Snow in the southeast dying out on Sunday, clearer and brighter elsewhere. Thereafter, eastern areas mainly dry but rather cloudy, more unsettled with rain and hill snow in the west.

Updated: 0324 on Fri 3 Feb 2012

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

Is there any hope at all for se wales? I feel utterly despondent at the thought of more rain whilst ha ing to endure my inlaws (in kent) snow photos. The weather forecast keeps swapping between snow and rain for us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Morning, looks as though the latest from the Fax charts, show the heaviest of snow over Central/Southern England, before the front dying out over Eastern England on Sunday morning......

post-6830-0-56479000-1328254587_thumb.pn

post-6830-0-18031500-1328254700_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Warm summers Cold Frosty winters

BBC local forecast for the east saying 5-10 cm in most areas possibly more in some places Sat night into Sunday morning, latest model runs going with cold air winning out next week here in the east with mild Atlantic air being held to our west.

Posted

Id av thought Spalding will do slightly better than that tbh. I think ul see 5cm+ Sunday morning should it not rain at any stage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Morning, looks as though the latest from the Fax charts, show the heaviest of snow over Central/Southern England, before the front dying out over Eastern England on Sunday morning......

See, I just about get over the fact that I will not get any then someone says something like this!!!!

You maybe in a good spot but may need to drive to Snowshill to see some.

Posted

Id av thought Spalding will do slightly better than that tbh. I think ul see 5cm+ Sunday morning should it not rain at any stage.

well i must admit to being a bit surprised when i saw the forecast but hey, knowing our luck it will rain. lol. on a more serious note i hope anyone who does get a good dumping of snow they enjoy it but stay safe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

You couldnt make that up

http://expert-images.wea...k/prty/12020500_0300.gif

A snow shield around Huddersfield,thankyou Holme Moss(pennines)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

You couldnt make that up

http://expert-images.wea...k/prty/12020500_0300.gif

A snow shield around Huddersfield,thankyou Holme Moss(pennines)

I wouldn't take that as a gospel!

Posted

Morning all

Overnight runs are very good as we all seem to get hit from this weekends event baring western areas and north western areas. Judging by the overnighters i would say at the moment Northamptionshire south and east looks best placed will try and do a map later on this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Rain here in Bournemouth as usual I feel! Hope those people that get some of the white nectar enjoy and stay safe.

Please keep an eye out for any vulnerable or elderly neighbours! It doesn't take a lot to ask and you will feel great for helping!

Posted

Leeds looks good again this morning- wouldn't bet against 10cms here after this mornings output, which would be lovely. One of those situations (for everyone away from higher ground) where you could end up lucky with 10-15cms and just a few miles away there's only 1 or 2. gunna be an interesting watch!