Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread

Posted

Lol! ECM FI throws us up a Greenie High! Would back up GP's and the Mets outlook but too far out to be taking seriously for now!

Let's get through this weekend first!

is the greenie high good?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

is the greenie high good?

Yeah, if you like snow and cold that is! A Greenie high is part of what

caused the Dec 2010 cold!

Although please, don't expect that even If, and it's a big FI if, it did happen!

Edited by Active Weather Dude

Posted

evening all

oh brother he we go, a shift to the west and its :search::drinks::acute:

and a shift to the east and its :bad::help::cray::sorry::wallbash:

like ifcdude said squeeky bum time!!!

i cant wait :mellow:

fromey

I reckon between now and the weekend,it will shift a few times either way ..... Get the prozac :acute:

Edited by theprophecyman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

Evening all. Well we all know about BBC weather graphics don't we, I would take any projection of what could happen with a pinch of salt, all those graphics do is RAMP!!!

But for those of you who want to dream carry on, I will believe it when I see it!!!

Posted

Evening all. Well we all know about BBC weather graphics don't we, I would take any projection of what could happen with a pinch of salt, all those graphics do is RAMP!!!

But for those of you who want to dream carry on, I will believe it when I see it!!!

My thoughts on this eve's BBC forecast is that it's unusual for them to show graphics for the weekend on a Tues Eve, so confidence must be growing for a 'battleground East v West' event over the weekend - the detail to be decided is exactly where the battle lines are drawn - to the West of that 'line' it will rain and just to its East it will snow.

Best situ for us is a stalling front just to our West IMO

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Just the other day all the models were pretty much showing the front at the weekend pushing right through to the east coast & beyond, know it's more a case of it stalling down the spine of the uk, anyone else noticing a nice shift west here, hopefully that trend continues for the weekend, infact I've no doubt the snow/rain boundary will shift both west & east in the coming few days!

Posted

Light snow shower on south Dartmoor. Obviously won't come to anything but still better than the disappointment of Sunday evening where snow was forecast and all we got was rain!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold snow, thunderstorms

evening,

just been over on the MOD and well all i can say boys and girls hold on to your knickers its going to get messy!!!

Prozac at the ready ;) :wacko: :unknw:

fromey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I am sticking to what GP & Chino says, the models are all over the place at the mo.

It could go either way this weekend, but I have a funny feeling we will be building snowmen by Monday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

Is it just me with squeaky bum syndrome! these models could go either way +48.

I'm hoping against hope for snow at the weekend. But have a feeling will be disappointed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Come on you GEM, be right for once as that would be a serious dumping of snow for us this weekend

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rgem1081.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rgem1082.gif

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rgem1083.gif

Posted

So many people getting hung up on what will/won't happen in 5/6 days time and missing what we have now ; the coldest day for over a year (29 Jan 2010 was 1.1c maximum, today was 1.9c maximum).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I still think we are looking at a cold rainy event saturday into sunday west of wiltshire and glouc.

Quite chilly outside tonight though! -1.6c at the moment and slowly falling although its cloudy outside at moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Heat, Ice, Freezing Fog. Etc

Reading between the lines on the Model Thread a significant snow event in the UK at the weekend seems to be more 'likely' at this stage than the last few days. But as we all know from previous, 'if' it happens, where it will be, and how large an area it will cover will not become apparent until a few hours before the event, and more likely during it!

I'm going to enjoy the cold the next few days, even working outside for a living - the mild of the last 2 months hasn't felt right regardless of snowfall - and then I'll see what happens. A return to very cold following a possible milder rain event seems just as likely. Gonna stock up on strong ales for the weekend radar watch though! Innis and Gunn highly recommended for medicinal reasons where imminent snow is forecast.....SW

Edited by SilverWolf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: None Really but a snow lover deep down

My take on events for our patch from what I've seen from the models and media is a messy transfer from cold dry conditions to rather cold, grey and possibly foggy conditions Sunday. The messy transition will most likely be accompanied by a short/ish period of snow or possible freezing rain before rain turns to drizzle and peters out overnight Saturday into Sunday. Sunday itself would probably stay dull, merky and possibly foggy under the decaying front. I might be wrong but that's how I think it would turn out if things verified as shown tonight.

Edited by Gibby

Posted

My thoughts on this eve's BBC forecast is that it's unusual for them to show graphics for the weekend on a Tues Eve, so confidence must be growing for a 'battleground East v West' event over the weekend - the detail to be decided is exactly where the battle lines are drawn - to the West of that 'line' it will rain and just to its East it will snow.

Best situ for us is a stalling front just to our West IMO

Yes I agree that showing the possible outcome for the weekend might indicate something interesting especially this far out and on a national forecast, but many times this kind of forecast has been put out for all sorts of bad weather and has ended up a non event! Anyway if this were to pan out to be a snow event for our part of the world then I think you need to be living in land from the English channel at least five miles or more to benefit from this,so best not to live on the South coast like me lol !! Hope I'm wrong!!

Posted

Just an observation, but in West Dorset some of our worst snow falls have been on a Friday and Saturday going back to the 70's,80's and 90's so who knows the trend might just fit!!!

Posted

Mmmmmm, BBC did have a temp of 7c and Light snow for Saturday, now they have updated to a temp of 2c and Light snow!

This is going to go down to the wire here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

My take on events for our patch from what I've seen from the models and media is a messy transfer from cold dry conditions to rather cold, grey and possibly foggy conditions Sunday. The messy transition will most likely be accompanied by a short/ish period of snow or possible freezing rain before rain turns to drizzle and peters out overnight Saturday into Sunday. Sunday itself would probably stay dull, merky and possibly foggy under the decaying front. I might be wrong but that's how I think it would turn out if things verified as shown tonight.

We'll look forward to that then . :bad:

Posted

Mmmmmm, BBC did have a temp of 7c and Light snow for Saturday, now they have updated to a temp of 2c and Light snow!

This is going to go down to the wire here

Only problem is the wire is 5 days away! ill be wired by then looking at all changes and upgrade/downgrades :wacko:

Posted

Only problem is the wire is 5 days away! ill be wired by then looking at all changes and upgrade/downgrades :wacko:

Go to the pub, come back Friday night, we should know by then we will be getting cold rain, so go back to the pub and drown your sorrows, come back Monday and see a Greenie High in all its glory in the models! Lol!

Sound like a plan? :rofl:

Posted

Go to the pub, come back Friday night, we should know by then we will be getting cold rain, so go back to the pub and drown your sorrows, come back Monday and see a Greenie High in all its glory in the models! Lol!

Sound like a plan? :rofl:

It reallyis tempting to go away and just try forget about this until we get to friday and sat when the high res NAE comes into play but I'd get hassle from work from everyone asking me what is going to happen and then i'd crack and just take a sneaky peak! :80:

Posted

but I'd get hassle from work from everyone asking me what is going to happen and then i'd crack and just take a sneaky peak! :80:

And we all know that the situ you describe is fatal - you tell 'em it will snow.....but it doesn't! You get the blame and feel a right turnip! LOL :rofl:

It's happened to me on enough occasions! :rofl:

Posted

And we all know that the situ you describe is fatal - you tell 'em it will snow.....but it doesn't! You get the blame and feel a right turnip! LOL :rofl:

It's happened to me on enough occasions! :rofl:

That actualy made me laugh out loud reading that because it is so true! I am not going to even mention snow I'll say its going to be wet and cold this weekend and save my self the pain. Although it will only take one day of bbc graphics to show us getting snow and they will all be pestering me about it for details grrrr :rofl:

The grief I got for the wet snow that didnt settle on sunday was enough!

Wow its going to get very cold outside once this cloud clears later in night. currently -2.3c

Edited by mullender83