Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion - New Year

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Time for a new thread for Xmas Weekend and into 2012....

Please continue your valued contributions here.

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Ok slow Weather day ...silly Christmas cartoon:

santa03.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Thats a cracker cheggers.... musta stole his ma dooooooorrrrrrrrrrrr eeee .....

http://www.weatheron...E=-&WMO=&ZOOM=0

Oh dear Im dreaming of a green christmas indeed....oh well at least gremlins is on Saturday night...just realised the kids have never seen it....oldest a bit of a scaredy cat not sure she will cope with it :smilz38:

Edited by edodfc

Posted

AYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

prectypeuktopo.png

Posted

they charts are no use when your colourblind like me.....they should have a diasbility button to assist me :)

I can see the different colours for snow and rain but cant differentiate between the shades... so for the south of England it could be a biblical flood or light drizzle in my eyes....hopefully a flood (laughs like Mutley) im joking my english cousins looking in....as Alan hansen would say some of my best friends are English

Edited by edodfc

Posted

Make the most of any snow you get today or tormorrow - because it's all washing back into the sea on Christmas Day :winky:

Posted

Make the most of any snow you get today or tormorrow - because it's all washing back into the sea on Christmas Day :winky:

Just had a brief but very welcome snow shower here :good:

Edit* now snowing again, lighter this time

Edited by Northern Strath

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Hmmm... festive sleet marred a sunny day briefly but very pleasant apart from that. Just finished work for 10 days :yahoo: so I might have to crawl under the floorboards soon ;):drinks: :smilz38: :smiliz34:

Have fun folks!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

"Parts of Scotland are expected to bask in the highest temperatures on Christmas Day, with eastern Scotland predicted to witness 14C (57.2F) – just shy of the 1896 warmest on record of 15.6C (60F)."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/dec/23/christmas-weather-unseasonably-warm

Maybe that Xmas turkey BBQ is not such a bad idea after all!

Mild and gusty, meh. :( Bring back the big freeze.

:smilz38:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

"Parts of Scotland are expected to bask in the highest temperatures on Christmas Day, with eastern Scotland predicted to witness 14C (57.2F) – just shy of the 1896 warmest on record of 15.6C (60F)."

Wa-a-a-ahhhhhhh!!!!!! :cray: :cray: :cray:

Posted

Bit sleety on route to Killearn earlier, but now just chilly @ 1.5C.

As with HC, I am off for the whole festive period for the first time in 20 years, but had to make room in Fridge as floorboards and ootside have just been too warm.

Will leave you all tonight with this.....

All employees planning to dash through the snow in a one-horse open sleigh, going over the fields and laughing all the way, are advised that a Risk Assessment will be required addressing the safety of an open sleigh. This assessment must also consider whether it is appropriate to use only one horse for such a venture, particularly where there are multiple passengers.

Benches, stools and orthopaedic chairs are now available for collection by any shepherds planning or required to watch their flocks at night. While provision has also been made for remote monitoring of flocks by CCTV cameras from a centrally heated shepherd observation hut, all users of this facility are reminded that an emergency response plan must be submitted to account for known risks to the flocks.

The angel of the Lord is additionally reminded that, prior to shining his/her glory all around, s/he must confirm that all shepherds are wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment to account for the harmful effects of UVA, UVB and the overwhelming effects of Glory.

Following last years well-publicisedcase, everyone is advised that Equal Opportunities legislation prohibits any comment with regard to the redness of any part of Mr R Reindeer. Further to this, exclusion of Mr R Reindeer from reindeer games will be considered discriminatory and disciplinary action will be taken against those found guilty of this offence.

While it is acknowledged that gift bearing is a common practice in various parts of the world, particularly the Orient, everyone is reminded that the bearing of gifts is subject to Hospitality Guidelines and all gifts must be registered. This applies regardless of the individual, even royal personages. It is particularly noted that direct gifts of currency or gold are specifically precluded, while caution is advised regarding other common gifts such as aromatic resins that may evoke allergic reactions.

Finally, in the recent instance of the infant found tucked up in a manger without any crib for a bed, Social Services have been advised and will be arriving shortly

Edited by Cheggers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

If only the 18z GFS FI came off.... :good:

Posted

0.6 here and a glistening frost forming.....as its gonna be mild I also say make it record mild....great couple of years weather....we are certainly seeing extremes....from last November to this December I have seen record cold/ record november snow/ record november warmth/ widespread damage from storms and well a pishy summer it has to be said.....by the way its only records in my own weather watching....I will be happy with a few days of decent snow this year for sledging with the kids but still hoping for copious amounts!!

If only the 18z GFS FI came off.... :good:

at which time range in FI?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Merry Xmas everyone, enjoy the green Christmas as best you can.

Have a great time with family, friends, food and festivities.

:smiliz19:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, storm force winds

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to everyone. Very unpleasant up here at the mo with driving rain and strong winds.

Posted

Merry Christmas to everyone...

At least people will be able to get around easily this year.. and we'll all save a bit on the fuel bills.

Posted

Wet, wild and mild.... 8C, so glad we had all done, just a quick jolly to local store to stock up "under the floorboards" as HC would say.

Merry Christmas to one and all, have a great time, and hope for the snaw machine to power up for the new year.

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Yuck, pouring down and breezy. Walking Byres Rd, after hitting Oran Mor. Think I'll go back to Oran Mor, this weather is well......"typical seasonal Scottish" :smilz38:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

The one good thing about the weather this year as opposed to the last two christmases is that I won't be sat on here for hours on end on the big day looking at how the uppers are/ if there are any unexpected snow bands heading our way. The cold will be back sooner than you think http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20111224/06/111/h850t850eu.png but unlikely for very long http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20111224/06/135/h500slp.png

Signs of vortex weakening/splitting in the new year perhaps? http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20111224/06/384/npsh500.png

Ensembles trending towards a cooler zonality once again in FI http://hw.nwstatic.co.uk/ensimages/ens.20111224/06/t850Fife.png perhaps spurred on by signs of a Canadian High.