Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Pre-storm Chase Meet Up - Oxford 3rd March 2012

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi all,

Right first off sorry to hear you wont be there Arron will miss you there but i'm sure you will be having a cracking time up north.

After the recce of Oxford last weekend I can say I am happy with the hotel it is a fair way outside of Oxford but is only £9 in a taxi for 4 people to share so not to expensive the rooms are clean and comfortable with good showers friendly staff a good bar to chill in on arrival, and I have decided on an American diner restaurant for dinner Maxwells bar and grill they do not have a website but the food I found to be very good service was good and a starter and main course with a couple of drinks was £25 with tip so not bad and there is a selection of night clubs to choose from the one I went to was the Lava Lounge which had three rooms with a varied mix of music RNB current and then classic proclamers and the like

Hotel info and map via link http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/OXFLON/oxford there are still rooms they are now £77 a room so if you have not already done so book up while you can.

Anyone I have not highlited as booked on the list of attendees please let me know and I will amend I need to book the table by the end of next week so need a firm Number by Thursday week.

Ian

Posted

Ian Cameron booked

Paul Sherman booked

Tom Lynch booked

Janette Lynch booked

John Hanrahan booked

Laura Hiscox booked

Iain M booked

Nick Finnis booked

Tornado Jo

Lewis Blythe booked

Dave LP booked

Ashley Nelly

Andy P

Clare Hudson

Tony

Johny V booked

Beth booked

Clare hodgson booked

Richard Mott booked

Graham booked

Sarah booked

Trever booked

Craig 1UK booked

Jimbo36

Blue Zypher booked

Chinomaniac

Kirstie

Kirstie's husband

Edited by ian cameron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Maxwells and Lava (formally Park End) haha places I know well! Park End was the first night club I ever went too!

Lookin forward to it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Be rude not too, so count me in as well.

Tom , maybe nearer the time we can sort out the travel down if you like.

Andy we need to start making arrangements for the trip to Oxford.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Hi Guys, sorry but I'm pulling out..see you in the US

Edited by duckeyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

Hello,

I've just put down the 150 deposit for Tour 2, and i'd like to attend the pre-chase meetup please

I've already booked at the Premier Inn for the 3rd

Looking forward to meeting peeps :)

Cheers, Steve

Posted

Hello,

I've just put down the 150 deposit for Tour 2, and i'd like to attend the pre-chase meetup please

I've already booked at the Premier Inn for the 3rd

Looking forward to meeting peeps :)

Cheers, Steve

Nice 1 Steve

Will get Ian to add you to the numbers - Always a great way to meet everyone before the off, and yes we all talk about Severe Weather as well as getting lashed and eating lovely food! You cant miss us on the 3rd just look out for a Bruce Forsythe Look-Alike and we will probably be propping up the bar when we all meet tp go out.

Sorry to hear you cant make it Claire, although that Cameron is a spooky one as he said that you will drop out, his other prediction was Jo to drop out to -to which I said "No Way" Lets see if Mystic Meg can strike again!

Still going to be great numbers +20 to +25 people which when you compare that to Manchester a few years ago and Cardiff last year shows just how popular these events are.

Storm Chase BBQ Will also be talked about and hopefully we can sort out a venue and a date for Summer 2012!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Nice 1 Steve

Will get Ian to add you to the numbers - Always a great way to meet everyone before the off, and yes we all talk about Severe Weather as well as getting lashed and eating lovely food! You cant miss us on the 3rd just look out for a Bruce Forsythe Look-Alike and we will probably be propping up the bar when we all meet tp go out.

Sorry to hear you cant make it Claire, although that Cameron is a spooky one as he said that you will drop out, his other prediction was Jo to drop out to -to which I said "No Way" Lets see if Mystic Meg can strike again!

Still going to be great numbers +20 to +25 people which when you compare that to Manchester a few years ago and Cardiff last year shows just how popular these events are.

Storm Chase BBQ Will also be talked about and hopefully we can sort out a venue and a date for Summer 2012!

What do you mean Bruce look a like???

Posted

Andy we need to start making arrangements for the trip to Oxford.

Tom

Yeah no problem, just let me know what your plans are and we'll get something sorted out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The livelier the better!

Hi

Rich and I need to be back that night so not staying over (hmmm who's gonna drive!?!) - so where do we need to meet you guys? And at what time? Babysitters lined up, so please book us as definite for the meal :yahoo:

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheers

Kirstie & Richard

Posted

Ian Cameron booked

Paul Sherman booked

Tom Lynch booked

Janette Lynch booked

John Hanrahan booked

Laura Hiscox booked

Iain M booked

mrs Iain M booked

Nick Finnis booked

Lewis Blythe booked

Dave LP booked

Ashley Nelly booked

Andy P booked

Johny V booked

Beth booked

Clare hodgson booked

Richard Mott booked

Graham booked

Sarah booked

Trever booked

Craig 1UK booked

Jimbo36

Blue Zypher booked

Chinomaniac

Kirstie booked

Richard Booked

Tim booked

Stevofunnelcd booked

sorry for being a slow on the uptake have been rather busy and have neglected me duties on here so just under 2 weeks to go and 26 people confirmed, as I have said before we will meet at around 1400hrs at the premier inn http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/OXFLON/oxford gonna try post some pictures of me and the mottly crew that will be there will start PM'ing people my mobile No for a point of contactany questions please contact myself I will be checking this page a few times a day till we go.

Due to someone pulling out I have a spare bed in a room if anyone needs it, £35 the only down side you will have to room with either me or Paul Sherman :)

Edited by ian cameron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Thundery or Cold & Snowy

Ian i'll take your offer if thats ok lol. Been struggling to get a room there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sorry peeps. Got to work on Saturday 3rd now 7-7, so won't be able to make the meet. Catch you all stateside.

P.S. Hope Torres scores tonight so he can finally show the T shirt he's been wearing for his next goal - it's got "SAVE THE CHILEAN MINERS" on it :bad:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Hi guys

Does anyone know where we ad going for food?

Need to add up funds etc!,

Cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Hi all,

Right first off sorry to hear you wont be there Arron will miss you there but i'm sure you will be having a cracking time up north.

After the recce of Oxford last weekend I can say I am happy with the hotel it is a fair way outside of Oxford but is only £9 in a taxi for 4 people to share so not to expensive the rooms are clean and comfortable with good showers friendly staff a good bar to chill in on arrival, and I have decided on an American diner restaurant for dinner Maxwells bar and grill they do not have a website but the food I found to be very good service was good and a starter and main course with a couple of drinks was £25 with tip so not bad and there is a selection of night clubs to choose from the one I went to was the Lava Lounge which had three rooms with a varied mix of music RNB current and then classic proclamers and the like

Hotel info and map via link http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/OXFLON/oxford there are still rooms they are now £77 a room so if you have not already done so book up while you can.

Anyone I have not highlited as booked on the list of attendees please let me know and I will amend I need to book the table by the end of next week so need a firm Number by Thursday week.

Ian

Thanks for that guys!!

Gee

Posted

Ian Cameron booked

Paul Sherman booked

Tom Lynch booked

Janette Lynch booked

John Hanrahan booked

Laura Hiscox booked

Iain M booked

mrs Iain M booked

Nick Finnis booked

Lewis Blythe booked

Dave LP booked

Ashley Nelly booked

Andy P booked

Johny V booked

Beth booked

Clare hodgson booked

Richard Mott booked

Graham booked

Sarah booked

Trever booked

Craig 1UK booked

Jimbo36

Blue Zypher booked

Chinomaniac

Kirstie booked

Richard Booked

Tim booked

Stevofunnelcd booked

Paul Harvey booked

Sorry for reposting list but it would not let me edit it so the storm fisherman is back on and the numbers are at 27 people should be a great gathering if anyone has booked a room and has a spare bed in it and would like to half the costs Paul is willing to room share please feel free to get in touch with any Qs

Ian