Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Reports & Pictures Chase Day 10 - Arizona

Paul Sherman

Posted

Just another day at the Office for the Arizona Chase, we made it 10 out of 10 today for Storms, and 11 if you include the Storm on Landing Day. Me and Claire have a bonus Chase Tomorrow and yes you guessed it Storms are forecast to erupt again.

Today had everything, with Rainbows, Hail, Dust Storms, Dust Devils, Sunset Cg Lightning Storms and a Possible Landspout.

Started the day early when explosive development went up east of Casa Grande in the Senora Desert to our South. I noted the Moisture was surging westwards and the initial storms further East were encountering problems. Went down the Maricopa Highway towards Interstate 8 and noted some amazing Dust Devils again (But no time to play with those Today) Nice Storm to our South had a fully condensed Tube to the Cloud so possible Landspout was noted NW Of Casa Grande. Went West and encountered some really dangerous Cg Lightning Pinging out of the Anvil very close to our location. Around 5pm went North and then west on Interstate 10 towards Los Angeles (Yes Really!) Around Sunset we got onto a lovely Isolated Desert Storm near Salome and watched very nice Cg Lightning with the Sunset again in the Background.

Just a couple for you from the 50 taken today.

post-24-0-38709100-1314439155_thumb.jpg

post-24-0-05797800-1314439175_thumb.jpg

Will let the others Upload their Lightning Pictures and Structure Pictures as that was very good today with Nice Back Sheared Anvils and Convection

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Stunning stuff, you couldn't ask for more from a desert storm chase.

The moisture continues to pour in from the sub-tropical eastern Pacific across the Mountain/Desert west, didn't realise how reliable it could be too for storms this time of summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

I wish I could afford to do this trip, love the photos.

Edited by SteveB

Posted

Love your two pictures. Your lightning shot is one of the best. love the colour balance and crispness of the focus. Britliant shot. good.gif

Posted

Right, thats me done ! What a tour, seen lightning every day, seen things and been places out here that I never imagined I'd ever see, so glad I decided to come on this trip, pretty sure this is'nt the last time I come to Arizona !

post-8389-0-34924400-1314464210_thumb.jp

post-8389-0-82478300-1314464227_thumb.jp

post-8389-0-09938600-1314464252_thumb.jp

post-8389-0-00156400-1314464271_thumb.pn

post-8389-0-85991700-1314464293_thumb.jp

post-8389-0-73365400-1314464371_thumb.jp Cloud-nado anyone? Why not, we've had pretty much everything else rofl.gif

This would be a good chance to say a massive thank you to Paul S for putting us in the right places at the right time as ever, to Mr Storm Fisherman for being a great room-mate, and to claire for going without coffee for long periods and holding it together remarkably well. Great chasing with you guys drinks.gif

Craig

Posted

hi all

well sitting in the airport awaiting our flight to dallas then home

i would like to thank paul claire and craig for an excellent tour could not wish for better company and to new found friends i will look forward to meeting you all again next year "its going to be along cold lonley winter without you"

all i can say to anybody who is thinking or having any doubts about coming out dont just do it and you will not regret it this place is something else

.post-10173-0-25192600-1314477673_thumb.j

paul h

the storm fisherman

Posted

Thanks for all the photos and reports all - so glad to hear you all had a good trip, looks like Arizona tours could become regulars in the netweather weather holidays calendar :D

Posted

Looks and sounds amazing. This trip falls in my six week holidays (being a teacher!) so I will definately be considering this trip next year!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

A big thanks to Paul B for getting us on some amazing pulse storms (oh...and the Starbucks run air_kiss.gif ) More thanks to Craig and Paul H . I'm really going to miss AZ as I process all my pictures and video footage cray.gif, Arizona is an amazing State .

Time to get some ZZZ's in Sedona before my flight home lazy.giflazy.gif

Edited by duckeyh

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Brilliant reports and pics guys, thanks :D I'll have to consider this adventure as a definite maybe!