Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Thank You All

Paul Sherman

Posted

Back home in the land of the living although the Jet-Lag is making me get up at 530am :nonono:

Would just like to say a massive thank you to all Staff and Participants who made 2011 Stormchase Season great and will certainly remember the highs and lows of this season. On the whole it was generally quite slow but when it cranked up it seemed to go into the all or nothing mode. Thanks to Tom and Ian for driving on Tours 1 & 2 and also Ian for navigating us around again so well, gutted there were not many High end events for us to chase but we still had a great laugh and went for any risk that showed itself. Thanks also to John H for driving on Tour 3, I know it was pretty tough especially on May 24th in the High Risk trying to get out of the way when an EF5 Is 30 miles to your south. Also to Paul M On Tour 4 again some brutal driving with us only 125 miles from Canada and 3 days later in Dallas Fort Worth. Massive thanks also to Arron who nailed the GPS For us and pretty much got the Streaming to well Stream faultlessly, in fact our first ever Streamed Tornado was the EF4 Canton Wedge :drinks:

Some numbers for you as well, 17,130 Miles driven across 15 States in 43 Days with 0 Speeding Tickets :whistling: Only 6 Tornadoes to show for those efforts but a real biggie was the Canton EF4 Risk wise there was 2 High Risks on the 24th and 25th May with 5 Moderate Risks. Tour 1 racked up 4,000 miles and Tour 2 did 4,100 miles, Tour 3 ended on 4,760 miles and Tour 4 ended on 4,270 miles. Road kill was numerous :nonono:

Hope to see some of you again in 2012!

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Paul,

Good write up there, wow we covered a fair few miles. Had an excellent time and can not wait to do it all again next year...not long to go now hahaha.

I hope to see everyone before chasing next year either in the Summer or the 2012 pre-chase meet up but until then have a great summer guys!

:drunk:

Posted

Pual, IamM, IanC, Tom, John, PaulM & Arron

Thanks gents for your tieless efforts to try and get those elusive storms this year.

It certainly was a challenge but one you stood up to time & time again.

Well done, great effort & great crew, thank you.

We shan't be there in 2012, enjoy yourselves.

Riders on the storm

Riders on the storm

Into this house we're born

Into this world we're thrown

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Yes,

A big thank you from me to Paul, Tom, both Ians and Arron. I had a great time and am truly addicted. It was a pity that we did not get to see a tornado but my truly memorable moment came on the day where we thought all was lost in the longest dirt road to hell (a lot of road kill that day - and that rattlesnake had a go!!). However we were rescued by the new storms, and punched a core heading NE in the same direction as the storm. On exiting the core we were greeted with the terrific colours of the supercell in the sunset and the rotation overhead.

Fabulous.

Ed

Ps I have provisionally booked 2013 off in my head to do the same again!

Edited by chionomaniac

Posted

Well done guys. Was great watching you on the live stream. So great infact that it made me book on next years tour. I am really looking forward to it.

Posted

Paul

A big thank you to you for your sterling efforts, especially on Tour 3. I was worn out after one tour, amazing you kept the chase pressure up right to the last day and so glad it turned out to be a great finale too. Your tireless enthusiasm for chasing clouds has brough me some fantastic phots to come home with - much more than I had hoped for and I now have quite few jealous friends and work colleagues.

I have not chilled out this much in years and was not really ready to come home at the end of the tour. Thanks also to Dave V for keeping up the info on the Laptop so we could see what was going on (and for his music streams, ears nearly recovered), John H for driving the other car and keeping us amused with colourful radio messages and Aaron for keeping up the tech side too.

Also a big thanks to the other Tour 3 guests I was with Kim, Ross, Allison, Ian, Pat. Great fun, really nice people.

Guess what? I am working out when I will be back.

Thanks again Paul for the experience of a lifetime.

Terry P

post-14976-0-97223700-1308043309_thumb.j

Posted

Thanks Paul Paul and Arron.

Great tour and great company. Love it and cant wait to return, Time to start saving.

Heres an Image from the final day, Lots more to come.

Cheers

'Lightning' Dave

post-6098-0-72955300-1308057624_thumb.jp

Posted

I echo what Paul S has said and had a great time as staff this year! At times was stressful in the heat of the moment but I hope I managed well enough and kept everything ticking over :) All the guests were fantastic this year and I had a great laugh in the 5 weeks I was out there.

Looking forward to next year already! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Tour? What Tour?......ARE WE THERE YET?

Serously though, loved it every minute, brilliant job guys but please ensure that all tour guests avoid wearing toblerone shoes for the keepy uppies and that drunken american women stay out of my room!! lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Cheers Paul. A great experience. Had a good laugh too.

Look forward to the next meet up :drunk:

Posted

Just need to echo the sentiment of thanks to the Netweather staff, and to my fellow guests on tour 1. To be fair it wasn't a very active tour weather wise, but i still came home eagerly anticipating 2012, and my next visit to the plains. Job well done :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Storm chase2011

It was a great opportunity to meet so many nice people and I enjoyed every minute. I wish that I could have been able to show all those nice folk on tours 1 & 2 some better severe weather and some huge supercells.

Alas alack the storm Gods gave us a rain check.

Thanks to every one that either worked or took part on the tours. I am not sure now how to fill my spare time in the evenings.

A big thanks to Ian Cameron (room mate) for putting up with my constant requests for weather tap or GRLevel and the patience shown when lefts and rights or this junction or next junction confused my little brain.

Sir Bruce

Posted

big thank you from all of us stuck here in u.k for the impressive footage sent back.

Big thanks to Arron who went that extra mile to keep things working as good as he could also cleaning the screen!

big thanks to Paul .S for tracking these storms down int he first place

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

Thanks again all drinks.gif Even the virtual chasing was fun

Posted

Welcome home lads. Huge huge massive thanks to Paul S for the best storm chase i have ever had, ever..... EVER :yahoo: !! Massive thanks to Arron for putting up with my isims for approx 5000 miles. Huge huge thanks to Ross, Alison and Kim for all the entertainment during said miles (sory about all the swearing) and letting me nick some of their footage as I didn't get much time to get any of my own. Terry, I got to get me a Tamron Lens like yours, that thing was awesome. Mr Vicary, what can I say, great room mate with a hot girlfriend on facebook. You are a bit of a legend! BTW your mum is awesome. Cant wait to see her on the chase next year. Supermassive thanks to Ian for finally taking some of the p**s away from me from our U.K friends and for teaching them what a Dublin accent is really like, yez are greah!

Last but not least, thanks to Paul and Ian (M) and all at Netweather for making all of this possible and allowing me to participate in this. My wife loves ye :p . And of course thanks to Ian C, Tom and the other tour members that I didnt get to meet this year for all the entertainment back home.

Posted

Thanks to everyone on tour 1 for making the most of what was a dreadful run of luck, meaning I enjoyed the tour even more than I did last year. The weather gods seemed to be toying with us, and Paul's luck was out(The run of lost coin tosses had to be seen to be believed!). Despite all this, we still had some memorable days. Is two o'clock the earliest ever leaving time for a chase? The first and last chases were spectacular, as was departure day. Seven states in total, although one has since been removed from all conversations!

Also thanks to tours 2, 3 and 4, for putting up with us virtual chasers and our requests on the live stream!

I think the fact that everyone will bust a gut to get back out there again next year shows that you must be doing a great job.

Posted

great time as always a bit of a disappointment after the previous years t2 but if you want to chase the weather you have to take what comes,

will be back for more fun if not next year i will manage 2013 somehow

to those who are thinking of booking do not be put off t3 got plenty, 2010 was a good year for all the tours hopefully the weather in the plains will be back to normal next year and everyone one will snag a tornado or more,

between supercells you will get to see some city/names (why they call even small villages cities i don't know but i suppose everything is big in texas lol) straight out of the old cowboy movies and other films some of them still look the same almost

you might even get to see floating mountains and cars stuck in the ground

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Big thanks to everyone involved, especially tour 1.

After a good start it was really quiet, but still had a great time, in an great place, with great people.

Added another 3 states to my list, ate some amazing meals, saw plenty of interesting and beautiful sights and scenery on our travels, and had fun playing mini golf and bowling. It was still an excellent holiday.

We weren't completely starved of storms, day 1 was amazing, then the night chase on day 7 also great, so I still managed to come home with some pretty good pics...

post-3392-0-36243700-1308130639_thumb.jp

post-3392-0-45870100-1308130649_thumb.jp

post-3392-0-52495900-1308130653_thumb.jp

post-3392-0-09489800-1308130658_thumb.jp

post-3392-0-15669700-1308130628_thumb.jp

I just wish I could come back next year, but it looks very unlikely as money will be tight when I move to Nottingham.

Thanks again,

Mark.

Posted

It's been another great year, even if the storms weren't quite as regular as we saw last year.

Got to say thanks to all of our staff on the tours - Tom, Ian C, Arron, John and of course the boss man Paul S - your hard work is much appreciated not just by me / Ian here at Netweather but (from the feedback we receive) by all the guests too. You all work bloody hard, doing long hours and not only do you ensure everyone is safe, you keep everyone informed and entertained during long journey's and waits at times - which is no mean feat!

Speaking of guests, thanks to all of you who came out with us this year - some of you on your third tour with us, thank you for your support. Some of the staff stay out in the USA for several weeks and it's your energy and enthusiasm which keeps them going!!

I was out on tour 4 this year, and it wouldn't be right if I didn't thank all those who were out on that tour - it was a blast and I really enjoyed your company :D

Last but not least - thanks to everyone who has watched the live streaming, chatted on the live chat and got involved here on the forums - those on the road often stay up through the night posting up footage (particularly Tom who apparently never sleeps!!) so really enjoy reading your comments and feedback.

Planning for the 2012 tours is already well underway and less than 11 months until we do it all again wacko.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Just would like to echo what has been said already - big thanks to those on Tour 3 for making the trip a memorable one, to Paul for finding the weather, John H for all the driving and Arron for GPS and navigation. Plus of course more big thanks go to the others on the tour for their company too. One day maybe I shall book a place on another tour, as I've realised that I want to see more... but for now the 2011 Tour stays as an experience never to be forgotten! Thanks everyone :)

Posted

also want to say a big thanks to everyone who was involved with organizing and running tour 2.

I had an amazing time and have many great memories the icing on the cake would have been a tornado, easily the best and most enjoyable holiday I've been on.

:D roll on 2012 :D

Posted

Many Thanks for all the kind words, it really is tough when mother nature goes on a little sleep, but as you can see from Mark's pictures even on the quiet tours we still get some amazing Pictures. Every single tour saw at least a Supercell (Which keeps up my 5 year record of every trip seeing at least 1) It is also good to see people not defeated by their first year, if anything it makes people more determined to get the job done in later years. Others have all the luck :whistling::rofl: Like Andy from Essex who saw 12 in 9 Days in 2008 and Dave Vicary who is now upto 12 in 2 years, if we all had a crystal ball then we would win the lottery every week.

I am glad everyone had such a great time and even when the Storms are not playing ball we still have a laugh and keep occupied, Highlights this year probably "The Floating Mountain" :shok::oops::cray: Well maybe not that, but parts of South Dakota on Tour 4 were simply incredible, playing Mini Golf in Joplin on Tour 1 and talking to the 17 year old kid who taught us how to throw an American Football properly who worked in IHOP In Joplin on Tour 2 and not knowing if they are even there or still alive is the downside to this hobby, last pictures we saw was of pieces of 2x4 puncturing the brick walls of that Restaurant, I can only imagine what it must have been like to be working in that establishment on that Sunday afternoon :(

May 24th was also an emotional day with an EF5 Just 30 miles to your South and viewing an EF4 Just 2 miles ahead of you is no mean feat, a survival technique comes into play just trying to pick your way around those types of storms puts real pressure on all the team, in fact at one point there was 2 x EF5's and 2 x Ef4's all arranged N-S Within 120 miles of each other, can you imagine the carnage in the Uk if that ever happened :o

Once again the people we met were the salt of the earth, who would go out of their way to help you, and the nicest people believe it or not come from Nebraska :p But NOT The Storms.........Will still give them my time in 2012 I am sure.

Off for 1 weeks relaxing now to Sunny Majorca to recharge my batteries as I am completely knackered :D

Paul S

Posted

Thanks to everyone on tour 4 for helping Mr Fish and I through our man flu, and then putting up with it when it spread to everyone else. :blush:

This year was brilliant and my favourite so far. A great group of people to share some beautiful storms and funny experiences with. Well done Paul, Arron and Paul for a fantastic trip.

Hopefully see you all at the BBQ.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

This really was the trip of a lifetime for me - what a great bunch of people I had in Tour 4 to chase with! :hi:

Many thanks to Paul S for his wealth of weather knowledge and infectious enthusiasm for storms, it really is impossible to resist;

to Paul M (and Paul S) for driving obscene amounts of miles, on dead straight roads for hours on end to get us into a good position for the next hit;

to Arron for his excellent operation of the GPS and his fantastic trance mixes;

to Jim for his crazy jokes, balls of steel and shouting "ave it!" on booting the football high in the air;

to Dave for his innate ability to capture lightning on camera and sharing his photography tips;

to Simon for his shared love of Mojitos and braving the strange world of strawberry crumble dessert pizza;

to Ashley for being a true lad of the land of tractors and combine harvesters and sharing my taste in HD camcorders;

to Michael for being a cool dude and not passing on his cold lol;

and to Mr Michael Fish for his dry humour and weather expertise (and also not passing on his cold)

I loved every minute of it and hope to be back next year! :drinks: