Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Chasers Tv Series

Dorsetbred

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

I guess not at the start as he's in the Netherlands ! But his FB page implies he might be

Posted

Challenge has to be "CAN WE ""THE COLLECTIVE"" make an appearance on the show this season?

We have our own Pat "The Lighning Dimmer" AKA TIMMER lookalike

So let's see if we can make it this year :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/stormy

Off his facebook page

Sean Casey - IMAX film-maker/Storm Chaser Home for a couple days then back to the Midwest! Next week we start filming season 5...

• 5 months later...
Posted

http://www.tv-links....-Chasers_26684/

season 5 has started in usa... 1st 3 episodes have been aired and you can watch them online smile.png saves waiting for uk airings normally jan...

So does anybody know if Sean Casey will appear in the now to be filmed series 5 of Storm Chasers TV Series ??

Yes hes in it and filming in 3d!!! That film will be just amazing!

Edited by lfcdude

• 2 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

What happened to Doghouse in Series 5? They had a new driver at the end of Series 4 but Doghouse is not mentioned once in Series 5, although some pictures of the TIV were shot from a support vehicle which, when you occassionally do see it, looks exactly like Doghouse. On a related point, Reed Timmer deploys his parachute probes at the end of the series: in Series 4 they were tracked by a support vehicle run by Hyperion. There is no mention of this either...

FYI Series 4 DVD box set is available in our local 'The Works' for £4.99.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Bit of breaking news from the other side of the pond. Stormchasers has been binned and no more filming will be done of the Show that ran for 5 Seasons! I had a feeling in the Autumn of last year when we saw those episodes on the Internet that it was on a downward spiral, said to the guys on Facebook that it was just not interesting anymore and the drama was taking over away from the Storm footage.

I for one will not miss this series but please judge for yourselves when it Series 5 airs on Tv in early February!

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

They should start a new series following you Paul!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, I appreciate from a storm purists point of view that the series went downhill, the 1st episode was good though, but I was always under the impression that the Discovery Channel were keen to put a kind of 'soap opera of storms' image across to make the show appealing to the mass audience...Who decision is it to bin the series Paul, is it the storm chasers themselves, or the film crews?

cheers

:)

Posted

ok, I appreciate from a storm purists point of view that the series went downhill, the 1st episode was good though, but I was always under the impression that the Discovery Channel were keen to put a kind of 'soap opera of storms' image across to make the show appealing to the mass audience...Who decision is it to bin the series Paul, is it the storm chasers themselves, or the film crews?

cheers

:)

I dont know, but I see Craig lurking so he might have a little bit more info than me on the subject, have not even checked on Stormtrack but I reckon you would get your answer on there. Will have a fish around in the yanky forums to see whats occured, but i reckon viewer numbers were down and Discovery shelved it meself.

Btw it is going to be lovely without all those support vehicles and hangers on in 2012, might even get some clear open roads again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

With the exception of 1 or 2 episodes, this season was dross... I was sat next to them in Ada beneath the monster storm structure that tornadic supercell had and yet in the show they had no footage of the structure. They even comment on it being the most amazing supercell structure they had seen in ages but instead just cut to Reed and some "woe is me... I screwed up and didn't chase today crap" It clearly was never about the storms or they would have put some nice HD footage of that storm in the show.. Hopefully, discovery can move away from reality tv and back to tornado documentaries... The couple they did regarding the April 27th weren't nearly as bad as the show and I imagine they can make a lot more documentaries for the $$$ of stormchasers, plus give some normal chasers an opportunity to sell their footage. :)

post-1731-0-99315800-1327109813_thumb.jp

Edited by Gorky

Posted

Isn't now the perfect opportunity for a independent/freelancing site to jump onto the free-market that's suddenly become avaliable by this. There's a hundred and one documentaries flying around but only the ITV one with Nick and Laura I think it was (apologies if I got the names mixed up) that has come close to replicating anything more true to form.

A netweather team filming a docu-film in the same context would not only offer a more realistic contrast to what actually goes on in terms of planning for a chase, the actual chase itself and interception. But the more humanistic high and low points of a trip when things don't quite turn out as planned, be it through logistics or mother nature herself. I would much rather support a weather site and actual weather enthusiasts doing this, than paid "actors" more or less being asked to recreate a scene for added effects.

Posted

No confirmation of the cancellation yet, the site I saw yesterday claimed 100 % it had been axed, but today have backtracked somewhat ! Could be the site generating some traffic for itself, although a more general feeling is that it may well be over, many people awaiting word from discovery who remain tight-lipped along with others associated with the show, watch this space I guess ? :unknw:

Craig.

Posted

Yeah it's a shame in some ways as it enabled us to catch up on what we didn't see. Given our spell was sorta flat, it would have been nice to see the goings on for what was overall an active season. Oh well c'est la vie.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

No confirmation of the cancellation yet, the site I saw yesterday claimed 100 % it had been axed, but today have backtracked somewhat ! Could be the site generating some traffic for itself, although a more general feeling is that it may well be over, many people awaiting word from discovery who remain tight-lipped along with others associated with the show, watch this space I guess ? :unknw:

Craig.

Reed Timmer apparently confirmed the series was cancelled earlier this month at a convention. But could be chinese whispers as he was also quoted saying that he wouldn't be appearing in the next season

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy

Isn't now the perfect opportunity for a independent/freelancing site to jump onto the free-market that's suddenly become avaliable by this. There's a hundred and one documentaries flying around but only the ITV one with Nick and Laura I think it was (apologies if I got the names mixed up) that has come close to replicating anything more true to form.

A netweather team filming a docu-film in the same context would not only offer a more realistic contrast to what actually goes on in terms of planning for a chase, the actual chase itself and interception. But the more humanistic high and low points of a trip when things don't quite turn out as planned, be it through logistics or mother nature herself. I would much rather support a weather site and actual weather enthusiasts doing this, than paid "actors" more or less being asked to recreate a scene for added effects.

Hey,

The BBC had Great British Weather on earlier this year and have a new show coming out in a few months.

Not sure if there's the audience to justify a UK version. Speaking for a TV point of view.

If you want to develop the idea let me know as I'm and ex tv bod who helped on the above.

j x

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

Storm Chasers

Series 5, Episode 1: Dixie Alley Outbreak: Series following scientists and filmmakers as they seek out some of the world's most impressive storms. In the worst tornado outbreak in years, Mississippi and Alabama are ravaged by hundreds of twisters. All three teams are on the front lines. SUB

Today at 21:00 on Discovery and Tomorrow at 01:00 on Discovery

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Storm Chasers

Series 5, Episode 1: Dixie Alley Outbreak: Series following scientists and filmmakers as they seek out some of the world's most impressive storms. In the worst tornado outbreak in years, Mississippi and Alabama are ravaged by hundreds of twisters. All three teams are on the front lines. SUB

Today at 21:00 on Discovery and Tomorrow at 01:00 on Discovery

I actually quite enjoyed it. The actual storm footage was amazing. The final moments, as the realisation that parts Tuscaloosa were about to be destroyed, I found emotionally powerful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

I actually quite enjoyed it. The actual storm footage was amazing. The final moments, as the realisation that parts Tuscaloosa were about to be destroyed, I found emotionally powerful.

Me too Supercell. The episode seemed to be more about the effects on people than purely chasing the tornadoes although there were some stunning images of the beasts. I've got it on series record and am looking forward to the next episode - it's a shame that there won't be another series (if rumours are true). Guess I just need to conquer my fear of flying and go on a chase myself! :unsure:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Me too Supercell. The episode seemed to be more about the effects on people than purely chasing the tornadoes although there were some stunning images of the beasts. I've got it on series record and am looking forward to the next episode - it's a shame that there won't be another series (if rumours are true). Guess I just need to conquer my fear of flying and go on a chase myself! :unsure:

I hate flying too. Had only ever been to Majorca and Ibiza before heading out to Dallas last Spring. It wasn't too bad. Just kept getting up and helping myself to beer lol.

Tour 1 was not amazingly active last year, but the first day was epic. Funnels forming in the evening sky and eventually going on to form a tornado after dark. Driving down dark roads, seeing power flashes, and watching trees buckle in the distance as the tornado rips its way across the road in front. Some golf ball sized hail bashed on to the car roof briefly which was fun. Got to see some spectacular light shows throughout the tour too.

We drove through 7 different states (4000 miles of travel). Had some great meals out as the food portions are often generous. And everyone gets along just fine as we're all out there for the same reason. :)

Edited by Supercell