Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands - Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Cookie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Yes, but I couldn't say Bold and then Bald because it wouldn't have had the same effect :winky:

Blatantly off topic, go back to the Welsh thread!!:acute:

Back to the weather.. Temps now up to 1.8, was hoping the ppn above Sheffield might head this way but looks like theres a west to east element to it?:unknw:

Edited by echobase

Posted

When are the temps supposed to fall? Reason I ask is that I'm sat in a car park currently in Coventry (not up to no good either haha) and it's a cool 4c!

Posted

Evening everyone!!! I have tried to refrain from wattching the weather so as not to get to over-excited about any snow potential!! However, I cannot resist tonight!!! :) Anyhow, hoping for some snow, even if it then gets washed away !!!!! :)

Posted

Skies now clear here and temperature has just dropped below 0C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Skies now clear here and temperature has just dropped below 0C.

That's a bit more encouraging. Not all that far away from you, but it's still up at 2.6 °C here.

Posted

Evening everyone!!! I have tried to refrain from wattching the weather so as not to get to over-excited about any snow potential!! However, I cannot resist tonight!!! :) Anyhow, hoping for some snow, even if it then gets washed away !!!!! :)

Evening! Never get over excited (snz/lght!!) Has your temp risen much?:pardon: We`re now sitting at 2 degrees, climbed from 1.2 in the last hour. Cloud cover probably?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Evening! Never get over excited (snz/lght!!) Has your temp risen much?:pardon: We`re now sitting at 2 degrees, climbed from 1.2 in the last hour. Cloud cover probably?

Probably from the hot air i'm producing in the Welsh thread :winky:

Posted

Attached is the snow for midday tomorrow — looks like it will all be rain by 1800 hr, but better than nothing eh?

post-7706-0-20361800-1294346588_thumb.gi

Posted

To be honest, I don't have a temperature guage lol!!! But can tell you that it feels a little warmer than it did a bit ago (I am very technical you see!!!) ;)

And popped outside to feed the stray cat (altogether now...awwwwwww) and noticed there seems to be some degree of cloud cover, certainly knowhere near as clear as last night!

Don't worry, I won't get too over-excited, its clearly going to snizzle first anyway lol!!!!!! :)

Posted

Well my temp was suppose to be dropping tonight , but it is currently rising ..... Hope that doesn't continue .

I`m starting to worry....Have that feeling of impending doom..... Having said that it`s only 9, 12 hours away yet.....ish....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Noticed Rob Mcelwee mentioned the Black Country as a possible place of disruptive snow tomorrow. While i doubt it, its the first time ive ever heard the Black country on a national forecast before. :lol:

Posted

If were going to get any snow here in Worcs / Warks , what time will i be ?

Im planning to get up at 6 as usual and see hwat its like and check on here before venturing out.

I realise it may all be gone by teatime, but I finish lunchtime, and can see loads trying to get on the roads at that time if it suddenly starts to stick and is snowing heavy at the time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

If were going to get any snow here in Worcs / Warks , what time will i be ?

Im planning to get up at 6 as usual and see hwat its like and check on here before venturing out.

I realise it may all be gone by teatime, but I finish lunchtime, and can see loads trying to get on the roads at that time if it suddenly starts to stick and is snowing heavy at the time

Between 6-9am will be the main period i think particularly for our areas. By Midday i expect rain to have set in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Perhaps more significant than the headline temp: the dew point at Brum Airport is now -1 °C.

Posted

Between 6-9am will be the main period i think particularly for our areas. By Midday i expect rain to have set in.

Yes, if we get anything it'll be around then. But with the temp here currently at 2.7c I can't see it turning cold enough for us to get anthing more than some sleety rain. But miracles can happen .... Safe to say that by afternoon it'll all be rain in these parts though.

Posted

18z has removed all Snow for the South and the Midlands on it's 18z run . Looks like these temp rises are being a problem and the Cold air didn't get far enough South .

Posted

Rob McElwee just now on BBC News mentioning "Wales and higher ground of the Midlands" for snow. "Higher ground". Oh well.

Posted

NAE also a downgrade. Just what i expected some time ago!

Posted

Certainly getting cold enough here... huge fall of one and a half degrees over the last half an hour to 1.3oC

I still feel however that it's all too marginal. Either way, the most we can wish for is some light showers of snow. Anything that lays would be washed away after surely.

Edited by Hailsowen

Posted

Nothing different mate!!when it comes to the time of the event things get downgraded everytime!!oh well jus look forward to the mild dross over the next 10 days!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

NAE also a downgrade. Just what i expected some time ago!

I think this is 3-0 to the GFS over the NAE.

Posted

I think this is 3-0 to the GFS over the NAE.

Yep, while a brief period of snow is still likely, if anything i would be surprised if theres even a covering now. Freezing rain is now a bigger hazard imo where temperatures are below freezing for a time tonight. GFS has done well lately.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted

Hehe , I did warn you lot earlier ...... Freezing rain won't be much of a problem in the Midlands cause by morning temp's won't be at freezing by the look of the latest charts . We will min out at about 1 deg ..

Edited by snowmadchrisuk