Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

BBC Weather Presenter Gives Co Host The Finger

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

Not half as good as when he lost it in his Glastonbury gaff last year! :crazy:

Here's the Daily Mash story. SCHAFERNAKER 'LUCKY HE DIDN'T PUT HIS EYE OUT' SAY OPTICIANS

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/health/schafernaker-'lucky-he-didn't-put-his-eye-out'-say-opticians-201008183015/

Posted

What Tomasz should have done was slapped Simon McCoy down with a piece of sharp wit.

The finger on its own is nowt but I think one or two questions can be raised on whether Tomasz's gaffe proneness is becoming a liability?

Edited by Mr_Data

Posted

I also think he's a good weather presenter, he explains in detail what's going on, always seems genuinely enthusiastic and "on it" when doing the forecast.

Unfortunately the gaffes add up. And "this is the BBC" is a factor in meaning that he has to be careful. They demand gold standard professionalism.

Maybe he should be made to pay a penalty by doing the weather dressed only in his Attitude...err. outfit. I'm sure there would be many people keen to see that.

Posted

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

I love this guy.

"The existing guidelines were introduced after BBC sports presenter Rob Bonnet was caught making an aggressive masturbation gesture at Philip Hayton before trying to cover it up by pretending to choke and then punching himself in the stomach in what he later insisted was a 'sort of DIY Heimlich manoeuvre'."

LOL

Posted

Indeed they do, but this was broadcast from the 'B.B.C.' which needs to keep it's dignity whilst all other channels are quite happy to lose theirs.

And this was not a ratings thing...it was a weather forecast, there aren't many (read any) movie or T.V. careers that have been launched by starting in that role?

Forgive me for sticking up for good, solid British values that once made this country revered.

We should not chill out and let such lapses occur, otherwise standards will slip....

Next they will be wanting to swear for "artistic effect" even though it's not even relevent and "Worst things would happen at sea" if the word were omitted?

Oh! Wait??!!!!!!...........

now ya being downright silly.my goodness the country has lost it's sense of humour,something we were once renowed the world over for.

bahhumbug :)

why not go back to this for an intro to the weather.

Edited by Coast

Posted

:angry::diablo:

Not a fan? :good:

Personally, I don't see the appeal in this guy. He is too much of a show pony for me, he needs to be retrained IMO. Tone down and control the enthusiasm, need to fidget less. I'm surprised he hasn't been pulled up for this.

I don't like the way he handled this, the news presenter did though!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HtEmhMfz7M&feature=fvsr

However you can't train someone to avoid banana skins. If you got it, you got it and he's got it.

Posted
Personally, I don't see the appeal in this guy. He is too much of a show pony for me,

My sentiments exactly. He's not a terrible presenter, but I do think there's a whiff of Beckhamesque hype around him.

That said, I fully agree with the posters who say that this incident is much ado about nothing. Raising your middle finger in a jokey manner is not disrespectful, simply due to it being done in a jokey manner! Also, Simon McCoy struck me as a bit of a prat for goading him then revelling in his misfortune.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat and lots of Heavy snow!

I just knew this sort of thing unfortunate would happen to poor Tom I think he is a bit gaff prone and seems to be in the news for the wrong reasons way to much for a weather forecaster! But IMO he is a superb presenter that offers the most in depth forecasts of the younger presenters on BBC weather. He does need to tone it down a bit though or all his talent will just go down the drain if he puts one more step wrong as the beeb will just get sick of him attention seeking and give him the boot out the door, it would be such a waste of a very good forecaster.

Posted

The gesture was childish, but he wasn't due on air for another couple of minutes - there was the "man in Yorkshire(?) does his own local micro-forecast" item due before the national forecast. I suspect that the person responsible for switching to the feed to the weather studio heard the word Tomasz and had a Pavlov's dog reaction and switched over. Simon McCoy was out of order for the sarcastic goading - and who's to say that such banter doesn't go on all the time? It's probably just unfortunate for Tomasz that he got caught out. However, after the nowheresville, muddy onionse (swear filter strikes again) and hissy fit episodes, he'll be lucky if he misses a tap on the wrist of some form. Pity, as he's a good weather presenter when he calms down. Perhaps he just needs to grow up a bit.

Edited by crepuscular ray

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Yes unfortunate for Thomas that the camera caught him but really he is experienced enough by now to be aware of such a possibility.

He is a good presenter,concise and clear maybe just a little too hyper at times.