Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports 25Th March Onwards

Rustynailer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Thunder here and to my east good looking forked lightning on the three strikes I have seen up to now.

Posted

Thunder heard in Winchester 1609

Quite a downpour now, with associated flash bang wallop - seen forked lightning three, make that four times.

Posted

Yeyyy!!!!!!!!!! Big CG and instant thunder over Burgess Hill - a real belter for an early season one! Terrific squally rainfall and gusting winds at the moment.

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

Long deep rumble of thunder heard in MK about 10mins ago with some heavy rain. Stopped now though, but sky is black as anything out towards the sw of here. Fingers crossed for some more, could be my first proper storm of 2010 :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

Warm daytime at Guildford, followed by teatime thundery shower. Max. temp. today was 17.0 deg.C, the warmest day of the year so far.

Thunder to S.S.W. at 1659.

Very heavy rain at 1701 to 1706 with squally wind from S.E. around 1705.

Thunder (although muffled by the torrential rain) at 1707, 1708 and 1711. CC lightning seen with last 2 times.

Further rain to 1720 then light to moderate rain around 1735.

This was the first thunder of 2010 and the first of ANY thunderstorm observed since 24th July 2009.

Although rain was very heavy, only an estmated (will not know the rainfall value properly until the 0900 obs. tomorrow) 3~4 mm fell in this shower.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Absolute collosal downpour here just now, went on for about 10 minutes. Expect some flash flooding in South Birmingham...

Agreed. The rain had really hammered down (I was out travelling in it at the time), and splattered like mad on the front car window. There didn't appear to be any lightning, though.

Speaking of flooding, huge puddles had quickly formed on some of the quiter roads and there was also some big puddles in some of the nearby fields. It's incredible to see what a 10/15 minute downpour can achieve.

With the risk of some heavy showers tommorrow, it looks like the clouds don't want to give up just yet. cool.gif

Posted

Had torrential rain similar to that during a storm last summer about 7:50pm tonight. After around 15 minutes of the rain not holding up there was a crack of thunder followed by a few more as the rain subsided across the following half hour. It was quite sharp and I did see a fork to the east of me while at work in Broadstairs. The surrounding roads on the way home were flooded in places - very intense.

Posted

Nice gust front passed over S26 5 mins ago. No lightning observed but we heard 2 long rumbles of thunder.

Posted

Bit of a surprise at 12.30am as woken by close storm that lasted about 15 minutes, had some heavy rain as well!

Yep that was pretty intense and surprising - we had very heavy hail for a few minutes which made an absolute racket - looked like a thin layer of snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: rubbish boring weather

Eastbourne crew still alive and kicking then i see!

Same as the above 2 posts really except to add the thunder rumbled on throughout the night, i heard/saw about 4 seperate squally storms up to 5ish this morning. Bit tired this morning now...

Posted

That was a nice suprise then! Glad I'm not at work this week as I got up to watch the brief display. Nice and close by - great!

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

A couple of passing cracks of thunder around 4.30am, amongst the blustery south westerly squalls which went on and on throughout the early hours, completed a pretty unpleasant night with virtually no sleepwallbash.gif .

A reminder of how awful last November was and also how much my bedroom window still leaks under jet hose simulated conditionsnonono.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

A thundery afternoon here: started about 16:20 when I saw a lightning flash, followed 20 seconds or so by the thunder. Thunder and lightning on and off then until 17:50 or so but never that near. A couple of short, rainshafts that barely wet the road. Main thrust of storm appeared to be both NE and SE moving east so I guess there were two: one either side of Beverley.

Posted

30 mins of thunder & lightning here between 16:30 - 17:00. At least 8 flashes, loud rumbles, seemed very localised. Appears to be heading eastwards (towards Edinburgh/Fife ?)