Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

After earlier snow, it's rain here in Stoke. Embedded cold my A*se! This at 150m asl With ok uppers & the famous surface cold. I give up!

Posted

Is ours likely to turn to rain? Just realised it doesn't tell you where I am, i'm south Dudley at 178m asl...... Not that i'm sure that helps anyone....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

After earlier snow, it's rain here in Stoke. Embedded cold my A*se! This at 150m asl With ok uppers & the famous surface cold. I give up!

agreed....somewhat mystifying Dave!

Posted

Moderate/heavy sleet here in the severn valley area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The metoffice and bbc got it right. Admit it people, they were right, we were wrong

Quote from the Met Office:

A band of heavy snow will spread from the north during Saturday evening, clearing away southeastwards during the early hours of Sunday morning. Accumulations of around 5 cm are expected in many locations with up to 10 cm across high ground.The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' for further advice on traffic disruption on Motorways and Trunk roads.

I live in Staffordshire, I do not have 5cm of snow. Nobody on here from Staffordshire, Stoke or Warwickshire has 5cm. Darren Bett on BBC a few hours ago said around 5cm for central England.

Therefore, BBC and Met Office got it completely wrong.

Posted

Moderate/heavy sleet here in the severn valley area.

Heavy sleet here in Bromsgrove , nice to hear reports of snow in Reddich and Birmingham just up the road.:aggressive:

Posted

Someone is pushing a 4ft tall snowball down my road!! shok.gif

Snow is much smaller flakes now but still coming........ hope it lasts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Can't believe how useless this has been. 1cm here in Leicester now and it's stopped and gone. That was it, 30 mins of moderate snow and thats your lot i'm afraid for everyone in Leicester and most of the Midlands.

I knew this was going to be crap, who earlier said 6cm for Leicester and 8cm for Northants and I said I didn't agree? I knew it would be no where near that. It's gone down the EAST AGAIN!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Moderate snow falling now no rain or sleet. Temp still 0.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Its not lasting long but for what weve had in about 20 minutes is amazing! Traffic doing about 10mph at best!

Posted

BBC Shropshire this afternoon said "Clouding over this evening, a period of light snow then clearing. Minimum temperature minus 6".

And we got: Clouded over in mid-afternoon, half an hour of rain, and at 10pm it's not even minus anything.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Quote from the Met Office:

A band of heavy snow will spread from the north during Saturday evening, clearing away southeastwards during the early hours of Sunday morning. Accumulations of around 5 cm are expected in many locations with up to 10 cm across high ground.The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the 'Highways Agency' for further advice on traffic disruption on Motorways and Trunk roads.

I live in Staffordshire, I do not have 5cm of snow. Nobody on here from Staffordshire, Stoke or Warwickshire has 5cm. Darren Bett on BBC a few hours ago said around 5cm for central England.

Therefore, BBC and Met Office got it completely wrong.

agreed, just goes to show, dont follow those forecasts...mind you, I'm afraid to say NetWeather has egg on its face as well....oh, the idiosyncrasies of our weather.....polar front, my backside!...lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

We may all be jealous of the East, but we will get our own back. In 50 years time if all the global warmists are to believed they will be underwater, while we Midlanders will be nice and dry and will be able to have settling snow.

Have that you jammy easterners.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

A slight 10 minute sprinkling before becoming part of the infamous "gap of death" in the PPN band. Disappointing to say the least.

Posted

Heavy sleet here in Bromsgrove , nice to hear reports of snow in Reddich and Birmingham just up the road.:lol:

Always seems to be the case. :wallbash: :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

We may all be jealous of the East, but we will get our own back. In 50 years time if all the global warmists are to believed they will be underwater, while we Midlanders will be nice and dry and will be able to have settling snow.

Have that you jammy easterners.

*Pumps loads of CO2 into the air*

I am so annoyed its unreal, it split just over the Midlands and intensified over the East, they've already had a lot, why do they need more? grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Posted

Always seems to be the case. :lol: :lol:

hmm...I dont know about you, but I wonder if some of these 'wow, heavy snow here' posts mind end up suffering from 'its a blizzard in Telford' syndrome...if you know what I mean? :wallbash: :lol:

Posted

Can't believe how useless this has been. 1cm here in Leicester now and it's stopped and gone. That was it, 30 mins of moderate snow and thats your lot i'm afraid for everyone in Leicester and most of the Midlands.

I knew this was going to be crap, who earlier said 6cm for Leicester and 8cm for Northants and I said I didn't agree? I knew it would be no where near that. It's gone down the EAST AGAIN!

Yeah and Stamford and Peterborough are going to get another 6 inches to the 8 inches they already got . Why does it always break up over Leicester. Heavy to our West , Heavy to our East and a little hole in the ppn over Leicester that will fill as soon as it leaves Leicester. We need to move . Don't hold out much hope for Cheshire Gap tomorrow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Gosh we are so lucky! Very loclaised!