Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Reports & Pictures Day 28

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

First couple from SW Nebraska of the tornado warned storm, east of North Platte...

post-3392-1243142981_thumb.jpgpost-3392-1243143011_thumb.jpg

N Kansas as we headed south...

post-3392-1243143032_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Started off from overnight stay in Sterling, CO. We discovered in the morning that US chaser and friend David Ewoldt was staying in the room opposite us, and also other chasers from the UK we know: Pete Scott (Pete The Britt) and Tony Gilbert were also on the same corridor.

We headed off late morning to North Platte, NE for late lunch, once there we had storms arriving just south of town, developing on yet another convergence zone:

post-1052-1243142646_thumb.jpg post-1052-1243142672_thumb.jpg

The storm became tornado warned for a time, and a report of a tornado was given on SPC at Maxwell, we drove through Maxwell east of N Platte on the Sern side of the same storm and saw no evidence of a tornado just rain curtains - possibly be mistaken for a landspout by local law enforcment, though there were reports of damage in a neaby leisure park:

Time  Location County State Lat Lon Comments 
2035 2 E MAXWELL LINCOLN NE 4108 10049 TORNADO REPORTED EAST OF THE MAXWELL INTERCHANGE ON INTERSTATE 80. (LBF)

Tornado warned long-lived storm north of Gothenburg (NE of Maxwell):

post-1052-1243143088_thumb.jpg

We eventually gave up on the storm and headed south down the Hwy 283 into North Kansas, passing through several 'pulse' type storms on the way:

post-1052-1243143214_thumb.jpg post-1052-1243143238_thumb.jpg

Tonight we are staying in Hays, KS. Tomorrow we will probably work our way south ...

Posted
nice looking storm Mark... :D

did you get Cgs from it?

Do you ever sleep? :lol:

Yes there were some cg's, I got footage of a couple on my other camera but the laptop doesn't like the Pro Duo card. Just got a USB reader from Walmart which will hopefully work, when I can break through the packaging!

Hopefully the others have some cg footage/stills to post.

Posted

I never sleep :lol:

not where there are Storms on live stream

edit.

love the cloud pics Nick.

top right very nice

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I wasn't chasing today. Just travelling from Yellowstone to the Grand Canyon via a few areas of interest in SE Utah. North of Hanksville, I notived the storm below bubbling away. It looked pretty cool against the backdrop of the rocky formations so I sat and took some photos.

Utah%20020.JPG

I left that vantage point and continued on as the storm didn't look to severe. I then saw a small funnel which dissipated by the time I found a place to pull over. Not sure of what I had seen, I set up the tripod to film some timelapse, just to see if there was any rotation. Nothing seemed apparent, so I diverted my attention to planning my next days travel. When I look back up, a second funnel has formed. I swap to a closer lens and continue to let it shoot.

Utah%20149.JPG

Funnel #3 forms along side the second one.

Utah%20224.JPG

Funnel #3 grows as Funnel #2 dissipates.

Utah%20258.JPG

Funnel #4, a skinnny rope forms after funnel #3 dissipates.

Utah%20276.JPG

As dusk fell, I could see another similar storm way in the distance with 2 distinct lowerings. Again, as with the above, they did not appear as though they would be tornadic any time soon. Just a nice little surprise considering I wasn't even chasing today.

I spent so long watching these that it was dark by the time I got to Glen Canyon in SE Utah, and that was a pretty cool experience driving through with the canyon walls and chasms just sillouhettes. I'll have to drive back through there during the day when I head back east :lol: On to the Grand Canyon tomorrow, before ehading back east on Tuesday. I don't see anything screaming that it needs to be chased before wednesday at the earliest unfortunately.

Posted

Nice photos guys. Good to see you found something to chase. What lens are you shooting those shots with MCT?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Lovely pics guys. I like yours pics of the funnels over that landscape Nathan. Very Atmospheric! Just shows you even though the weather pattern is very quiet over there you still can get some half decent storms to photo. Sod it, Im jealous! :lol: :lol: Best Wishes Y,all IAN.

Posted

Short Video

Timelapse

Posted

Awww their cute :-) but a nice bonus when yer not looking! well done Nathan I think yer doing the right thing chap theres a lot in the USA to see and you might as well have a look whille DR is paying a visit :-( Did you go see Devils rock on way to Yellowstone ??

Posted
Nice photos guys. Good to see you found something to chase. What lens are you shooting those shots with MCT?

It's a Sigma 10-20mm, sometimes with a circular PL.

Posted
Awww their cute :-) but a nice bonus when yer not looking! well done Nathan I think yer doing the right thing chap theres a lot in the USA to see and you might as well have a look whille DR is paying a visit :-( Did you go see Devils rock on way to Yellowstone ??

Yes, I did. I've been posting some non storm photos in this thread including a couple from the Devil's Tower.

http://www.netweather.tv/forum/index.php?s...p;#entry1530716

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Howdy pardner

how is the leg?

Tom

Posted
It's a Sigma 10-20mm, sometimes with a circular PL.

Are those camera settings or synoptics? :rolleyes:

Great shots - looking forward to the Grand Canyon.

Posted

Super pics/vids once again, keep um coming. :rolleyes:

Posted

Started off from overnight stay in Sterling, CO. We discovered in the morning that US chaser and friend David Ewoldt was staying in the room opposite us, and also other chasers from the UK we know: Pete Scott (Pete The Britt) and Tony Gilbert were also on the same corridor.

Nick, you so missed an oputunity to toothpaste Dave and Petes door handel and arrange a 5am wake up call for them Dohhh!