Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Avis Car Rental

Paul Sherman

Posted

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/foru...s=1&start=1

Interesting to see that Avis have shelved their In Car Internet Connection after just 1 years trial, I know Gorky used it last year and said it performed okay but patchy in Areas, Looks like you will need a Datacard to get Internet access to your car now.

We used Verizon last year and had 98% Coverage for our GRLevel3 and 100% Coverage on Barons so we will be more than okay but if you releid on the Avia Set Up make sure you get your Datacards sorted before you fly out this year.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

I'd noticed it was missing myself, but it's not a huge loss as Avis car rental seems a lot more expensive this year. (Too many people driving them into hailstorms I bet! :doh: ).

I'm looking at getting a cheaper vehicle and am scanning a few wifi card rental places. Any reccommendations, Paul? I think there was one called WifiRents I'd found which would do 4 weeks for $190 on Verizon (They have AT&T alsobut their coverage looks poor in Tornado alley). I havn't found anything cheaper in the limited time I've been looking.

Also, I'm not sure if they would send the device over to the UK before I leave. It would be nice to have it with me when I land rather than try and organise something with regards to picking it up from someone in the states.

Posted

Sorry to bump the thread, Paul, but I notice the UKWW forum is application only. You wouldn't know who I should speak to to get access to it would you? It'd be interesting to find out which temas are flying out this year and when so I know who to look out for :)

Cheers

Posted
Sorry to bump the thread, Paul, but I notice the UKWW forum is application only. You wouldn't know who I should speak to to get access to it would you? It'd be interesting to find out which temas are flying out this year and when so I know who to look out for :lol:

Cheers

Nathan

You need to Pm Lorraine Evans or Stuart Robinson and they will allow you access.

Cheers

Paul S

Posted

Shall do that then...

Cheers :lol: