Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cork Meet Up

Paul Sherman

Posted

Hi Guys

The Storm Chase Group are having a Trip to Cork on Friday the 20th February until Sunday 22nd February 2009. All members are welcome to attend, even if you just want a Visit to Cork and Southern Ireland and dont want to sample the Guinness! :yahoo: Obviously you will need a Valid Passport as Cork is essentially abroad!

We will be leaving in the Afternoon which allows us Friday evening to get used to the Black Stuff, all day Saturday should be Interesting as John (Christidontknow) lives here and knows the local attractions! The flight gets back In on Sunday Afternoon/Evening

The cost of flights are very good with £65 return currently which includes all taxes. John has got some great Accomodation at affordable prices also. Please Pm me or Ian Cameron if you are Interested in coming along, would be great to see lots more people who are interested In Storm Chasing or just want to combine a trip to Southern Ireland with meeting some Netweather members.

Regards

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

sounds good paul, make sure theres plenty of boxing gloves to go around, the way this forum is heading today. :angry:

Posted
We will be leaving in the Afternoon which allows us Friday evening to get used to the Black Stuff, all day Saturday should be Interesting as John (Christidontknow) lives here and knows the local attractions! The flight gets back In on Sunday Afternoon/Evening

No Presure then Paul. :) Sorting out some of the details with Ian at the moment. Will be back on with acomodation details later. Should be able to sort out a good deal in a half decent hotel through a work colleague.

Were thinking of organising an activity for the Saturday. We cant drink for the whole day, or can we? Thinking of sorting a minibus and heading to a place not too far outisde the city (watergrasshill) for go-carting we can drink on bus on the way :( hehe, not me though. Possibly a trip to the Jameson Brewery here in Midleton. Either way theres lots to do so were open to any suggestions from all.

If this is half as good as the London Storm Chase 2009 "Management meeting", it will be a legend!

Hopefully we'll get a few of the irish forum members at this aswell.

Posted

Great that a few of the Irish boys are wanting to meet up with us as well, the more the merrier, pretty sure Nick F and Stu London and possibly Paul are coming along, with me and Ian Cameron as well. Darkman/Eagle have replied to your Pm.

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any weather will do.

Sounds interesting to me, I'd have a few suggestions for Cork too, I know of an American Pool Hall down there.

I'd definitely like to come down, will be interesting to meet a few members, although I don't drink guiness.....Im a whiskey man.

Posted
Sounds interesting to me, I'd have a few suggestions for Cork too, I know of an American Pool Hall down there.

I'd definitely like to come down, will be interesting to meet a few members, although I don't drink guiness.....Im a whiskey man.

The more the merrier watcher. Your probably talking about the Mardyke. Thats not a bad idea at all. They have bowling too so that would be a bit of craic. PS is a bit of a pool shark.

I wont be be drinking Guinness either. I'm more of a heineken man, I'm sure I dont have to remind anyone on last years chase of that.

Posted

yep all sounding good to me really looking forword to this now have booked the time of work and will book flights at the end of Dec :D will be a great laugh and the more the merrier

Ian

Posted
The more the merrier watcher. Your probably talking about the Mardyke. Thats not a bad idea at all. They have bowling too so that would be a bit of craic. PS is a bit of a pool shark.

I wont be be drinking Guinness either. I'm more of a heineken man, I'm sure I dont have to remind anyone on last years chase of that.

Yes the Mardyke complex....I know the Irish Pool tour holds competitions down there, Im a member of the tour see.....and a pool shark ey?......better watch you don't get hussled. I was ranked 25th in all of Ireland at one stage :lol: . But yeah its a cool idea for one of the nights before we hit the pub/club. Any rock venues down there or alternative music clubs?

Posted
Yes the Mardyke complex....I know the Irish Pool tour holds competitions down there, Im a member of the tour see.....and a pool shark ey?......better watch you don't get hussled. I was ranked 25th in all of Ireland at one stage :lol: . But yeah its a cool idea for one of the nights before we hit the pub/club. Any rock venues down there or alternative music clubs?

I'm no pool shark. I'm what you would classify as brutle at pool. There are lots of good music venues down there. Will see whats happening closer to the event. Paul Sherman is the pool shark.

Edited by Christ I don't know

Posted
I'm no pool shark. I'm what you would classify as brutle at pool. There are lots of good music venues down there. Will see whats happening closer to the event. Paul Sherman is the pool shark.

Sounds great, I suspect I'll be brutle too.... ;)

I can bring my friend?...me and him designed a tornado machine few years back and were members of torro. Don't worry he aint my backer ;)

Posted
Sounds great, I suspect I'll be brutle too.... ;)

I can bring my friend?...me and him designed a tornado machine few years back and were members of torro. Don't worry he aint my backer ;)

Yeah bring whoever you want mate. I'll be bringing 2 non forum members along too. Stu_London is bringing a friend too. His name is dancing_queen_stu_london (aka very drunk Stu).

On that note, heres some memories from last years chase. Stu and Ian were on the total razzle the night before attempting the Big Texan 72 oz steak challenge. Watch out for our waitress Kayleigh twords the end.

Posted

Aaaaaah Kayleigh :wub: :air_kiss:

She has served me for the last 5 years, if only I could bring her home in me suitcase, 1 Year I am going to say to hell with everyone and just drive to Amarillo and pick her up for a fortnights Chasing :blush: If you no what I mean. Seriously the Girl is Interested in coming on a Tornado Chase!

Paul S

Posted

Actually Having watched that again, Paul really moves in for the kill, the dirty little sod, gotta watch the shy ones :air_kiss: :blush:

What you guys did miss was the 2 Texan beauties at the Crackerbarrel a few nights before, now that REALLY Put me off my food :wub:

Posted
Actually Having watched that again, Paul really moves in for the kill, the dirty little sod, gotta watch the shy ones :air_kiss: :wub:

What you guys did miss was the 2 Texan beauties at the Crackerbarrel a few nights before, now that REALLY Put me off my food :lol:

Ah yes. That lovely tall brunette. And they wouldnt even serve us beer. Apparently it was a family restaurant. We weren't happy for all of about 2 minutes untill our waitress came along. NICE.

Mr Fish came into his own that night let me tell ya. Can you remember her name Paul?

I know there is another thread forn this stuff... Sorry :blush:

Posted

Wow, certainly wouldn't mind that big steak myself, although its probably twice the size of me nevermind my stomach, but I'd certainly put most of it away considering I used to order from MCd's 3 machicken sandwiches, 2 large fries and a big coke :lol: . You wouldn't believe it with the size of me neither, Im like a stick on legs lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
Wow, certainly wouldn't mind that big steak myself, although its probably twice the size of me nevermind my stomach, but I'd certainly put most of it away considering I used to order from MCd's 3 machicken sandwiches, 2 large fries and a big coke ;) . You wouldn't believe it with the size of me neither, Im like a stick on legs lol.

Oh no, don't drink the Guinness in Cork (Corcaigh) it's all Murphys or Beamish down there. Mind you, it's not a bad substitute for the black stuff from the pale either.

With the mate now built from Urlingford to Cork City, I might headder on down there too.

Oh no, don't drink the Guinness in Cork (Corcaigh) it's all Murphys or Beamish down there. Mind you, it's not a bad substitute for the black stuff from the pale either.

With the mate now built from Urlingford to Cork City, I might headder on down there too.

How did M-8 translate to mate :D :D ;)

Posted

Would be good to have ya Danno. What about Johnstown????

How did M-8 translate to mate ;):D:D

Posted

Any update on the meet yet?....getting close now so was wondering if any organising had been done. Oh and when you can CIDK give me the details on the accomodation you had in mind.

Cheers

Chris

Posted

Hi All,

Can I get confirmation from all who are fairly certain and want me to arrange accomodation. I'll also need to know for certain who is staying on both Friday and Sat as I think some poeple are only doing the Saturday. To get the best pricing I'll probably put 2 poeple to a hotel room, so please let me know if you'd like a single room. Can you come back to myself or Paul Sherman via PM so we can get a headcound and I'll come back with pricing and accomodation details early next week.

Early indications look like were going to have a fair few. :doh:

If anyone is coming and sorting their own accomodation let us know too. Cheers!

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I should be coming, though still have to book flights. Paul Sherman, Ian C? What are your plans, bookings for geting over there on the 20th?

Posted

Nick

I think our flight leaves on the Friday afternoon, but Ian is staying until the Wednesday (5 days) so his flight is £25 whereas our Friday to Sunday Flights are £65 all in. Confirm with Ian when you have your little Foursome on the 10th January :):):)

You cant get anything past me young man. LOL

Paul S

Posted

Lol! Ok, thanks - what airline and what airport?

cheers!

Posted

Think it is Ryanair, but Ian knows all the gubbings about the flight details, but yes we should book pretty soon after the 10th January.

Paul S