Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Team Head Home

Paul

Posted

It's gone fast, but the team have no been out in the USA over a month and head home today. Paul, Nick and Ian, who have been out in the USA since the 27th April, have regularly sent back reports for the forum and have shared some incredible photos and video with us. Having been out in the US on the first tour, I know the effort that they make to keep you updated - often staying up late into the night following a hard day's chasing to send over footage etc.

I'm sure you'd like to join me in saying thanks to them, and all of the other guests who have contributed to a fantastic chase season both out in the USA and back home via the forum - thanks all, have a good flight!!

Posted

Big thanks guys, and what an amazing year it has been for you all! Just can't believe how quickly it has gone. I am sure by the time you get home you will be sleeping for a week!

Again Thank you it has been exciting and interesting reading and cannot wait to see the rest of the footage and pictures you have. Even the other half who has no real interest in storm chasing has asked every day how you lot are getting on and whether you have caught a big one! We'll make a chaser of him yet B)

Have a safe journey home guys :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

My thoughts:-Welcome back to the UK :D

Micro steak, micro burger, micro storm....Micro tornado. :):)

Sorry I am just jealous B)

Thanks for some wonderful entertainment over the past thirty-odd days. B)

Russ

JET-LAG! ;)

Posted

Yes

Very well done guys....It has been a fabulous chase this year, and it has been fascinating following it all on here.

I have enjoyed all the various reports pics and videos you have posted very much, and appreciate your efforts keeping us all updated.

As Paul says though, I cant believe it's been a Month that you have been out there; the time really

has flown by

Anyway, have a safe journey home everyone

Brian :D

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Highly enjoyable as it is every year, unbelievable season just glad you all made it through safely.

Lookin' forward to next year, even if its half as good as this year its still sure to be one 'ell' of a ride..!!

Dont forget to take ya camera in ya hand luggage as your sure to fly over a couple of storms on the way home.

Posted

Yes ditto all other comments, thank you so much for such a fascinating few weeks - to you guys and to the regular posters Roger, NL, etc, who've really helped us to follow the action. The other half has been following too and says he'd really love to go next year... I haven't shown him the last couple of clips yet though, lol!!!

Well done lads, safe trip back to the UK.

Lou

Posted

Yes, forgot to say that. What people may not realise is that people such as NL and PP are regularly in contact with the team, texting and pm'ing nowcasting data etc which is invaluable, as are the views, thoughts and support of all those taking part in the threads on the forum - so thanks to all of you too :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Same as what others have said really, a great year with some breathtaking videos and pics, and thankfully you've all made it to the end in one piece.

Thanks for keeping us all up to date, and well done NL, Roger and others who have spent a lot of time helping the chase teams from the UK, and also helping us understand what's going on.

Posted

I know the team are knackered , looking forward to coming home and good a rest but if they could i'm sure they'd love to stay an extra week next wed/thu/ significant outbreak expected especially thursday.. Ed Berry comments on this here

http://weatherclimatelink.blogspot.com/

Edited by NL

Posted

What can I say! A big well done to everyone involved in making Storm Chase 2008 such a resounding success! Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!

Posted

yes, well done everyone and those who helped from this end.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

I would like to echo the sentiments above. I have enjoyed every minute of your adventure in the States and have read every word here, although I don't post too often.

Thanks for letting us live the dream with you guys, although maybe Kearney was more like a nightmare :)

Safe home.

Muffel :)

Posted

Just to add my own thanks, it's been gripping stuff following the chase this year, even without a great understanding of what's happening and why, storm wise.

I was very close to going this year, and will certainly be in the frame for next year.

(Ironically, the big reason for not going this tear was my six year old, James. He is now desperate to go next year! The youngest ever Netweather storm chaser?! Could happen. He's a dab hand at accessing my Netweather Xtra to check the rainfall radar and lightning detectors!

Thanks again, and well done to all.

Steve Mich

Posted

My thanks to all the team for making this last month the best chase yet. The reports, photos and video have made excellent reading and viewing. Give yourselves a huge pat on the back. You all deserve it.. :)

Here's to next year.. :drinks:

Posted
Just to add my own thanks, it's been gripping stuff following the chase this year, even without a great understanding of what's happening and why, storm wise.

I was very close to going this year, and will certainly be in the frame for next year.

(Ironically, the big reason for not going this tear was my six year old, James. He is now desperate to go next year! The youngest ever Netweather storm chaser?! Could happen. He's a dab hand at accessing my Netweather Xtra to check the rainfall radar and lightning detectors!

Thanks again, and well done to all.

Steve Mich

6 year old weather nutter, crikey, I was looked upon as being bad enough at about 8, I think, when I persuaded my father to get me a thermometer!

Posted

Thats all hush hush craig, something to do with a competition , I tried to bribe Mr Sherman into telling me but it was no good he wouldn't :drinks:

Posted
Yes, forgot to say that. What people may not realise is that people such as NL and PP are regularly in contact with the team, texting and pm'ing nowcasting data etc which is invaluable, as are the views, thoughts and support of all those taking part in the threads on the forum - so thanks to all of you too :)
yes Paul, all contributors made it a fantastic event this year. i did thank the teams for their fantastic reports yesterday in the other thread, but would like to say thanks again for the great experience of following the 2008 NW Stormchase :D

Posted

Here Here,

My trip also came to an end - still 2008 has proved to be my most succesfull ever - over all I saw 13 tornadoes, including my 40th tornado which was the Quniter F4 wedge. (I walso went on to see my 41st) I am still reviewing video but a lot of footage was shot for both ITV and CH4 (to be shown later in the year)

Posted
Here Here,

My trip also came to an end - still 2008 has proved to be my most succesfull ever - over all I saw 13 tornadoes, including my 40th tornado which was the Quniter F4 wedge. (I walso went on to see my 41st) I am still reviewing video but a lot of footage was shot for both ITV and CH4 (to be shown later in the year)

Well done stu..excellent work mate, and thanks so much for all your updates

which having contributed to what has been a fantastic chase this year.

I'm glad that your trip was an eventful one, and I for one am looking forward to seeing the

extra footage.

All the best mate

Brian :D

Posted

It was the mother of all storm chases, Tom Hanks may be offered a role in the near future.

By the way, check out the map for Monday (June 3 00z to be more specific) ... the 588 dm thickness line conquers most of TX and OK. Could be like 43 C in west Texas tomorrow.

I suppose eventually we'll be virtual storm-chasing again in this section, perhaps as early as tomorrow afternoon? :D

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Certainly was a mother of all chases, we saw everything you could possibly want to see ... maybe a little too much extra with our close shave with the Aurora tornado! Though we wouldn't have normally ended up in that situation had we not had someone filming with us.

Thanks to everyone who has followed and contributed and also all those who came on the two tours, everyone had a great time. Now back in Kent, after landing around 8.20 this morning ... looking forward to a long sleep tonight after little sleep on the overnight flight from DFW.

Looks pretty active over the coming days from Kansas northwards.