Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Last chase day 29th May 08

Tom Lynch

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Tomorrow is my last chase day. I fly home Friday and so I have had to wave off all the team. They are off to catch some Manchester type tornadoes in Nebraska. As tempting as it was I had to resist the urge. Boy it was a hard call but I remember well being late to check in last year and being put on stand-by, very stressful indeed. It has been a good trip and a trip which saw three different types of chase. One, the first 6 days with wall to wall sunshine. It allowed us to take in Rockies BBQ. Two, chasing with Dave Ewoldt which I have to say was trully amazing. Three, chasing with Paul, Nick, Ian and Andy a nice bunch of lads. Also met Chris from the ITV , who I hope took away some humerous episodes. Yesterday we saw some pretty storms, even the local people in Texas thought so too.

post-2466-1212022049_thumb.jpg

Anvil coming in from Altus storm

post-2466-1212021779_thumb.jpg

West of Wichita Falls , Texas

post-2466-1212022792_thumb.jpg

Closing in

post-2466-1212022975_thumb.jpg

post-2466-1212023136_thumb.jpg

post-2466-1212023305_thumb.jpg

What storm

I do believe there is still chance for me to chase in southern Kansas tomorrow and still be back in Oklahoma for my flight on Friday. I will take what I can get tomorrow. 3 hours and I could be in the bottom end of the slight area. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Tomorrow is my last chase day. I fly home Friday and so I have had to wave off all the team. They are off to catch some Manchester type tornadoes in Nebraska. As tempting as it was I had to resist the urge. Boy it was a hard call but I remember well being late to check in last year and being put on stand-by, very stressful indeed. It has been a good trip and a trip which saw three different types of chase. One, the first 6 days with wall to wall sunshine. It allowed us to take in Rockies BBQ. Two, chasing with Dave Ewoldt which I have to say was trully amazing. Three, chasing with Paul, Nick, Ian and Andy a nice bunch of lads. Also met Chris from the ITV , who I hope took away some humerous episodes. Yesterday we saw some pretty storms, even the local people in Texas thought so too.

post-2466-1212022049_thumb.jpg

Anvil coming in from Altus storm

post-2466-1212021779_thumb.jpg

West of Wichita Falls , Texas

post-2466-1212022792_thumb.jpg

Closing in

post-2466-1212022975_thumb.jpg

post-2466-1212023136_thumb.jpg

post-2466-1212023305_thumb.jpg

What storm

I do believe there is still chance for me to chase in southern Kansas tomorrow and still be back in Oklahoma for my flight on Friday. I will take what I can get tomorrow. 3 hours and I could be in the bottom end of the slight area. Wouldn't that be sweet?

I have to say normally size doesn't matter. However these are far to big so enjoy them small.

Tom Lynch

Posted

Tom we are already missing you ;) I hope you make it up to Dodge and bag yourelf a nado or at least a monster storm stay safe and have a good flight

Ian, Paul, Nick and Andy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9
Tom we are already missing you :( I hope you make it up to Dodge and bag yourelf a nado or at least a monster storm stay safe and have a good flight

Ian, Paul, Nick and Andy

Well I made it Dodge and then down to intercept some cells moving in to the west of Liberal they bugged out on me. However I fly home today with many fond memories of my trip. The tornado has always got to be the cherry on top, storms the icing and the cake the package.

If I had have gone with you I would have seen some amazing stuff but would have certainly not made my plane.

See you in Blighty

Tom