Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Your Final Chance to win a place on the 2009 storm chase

Paul

Posted

Fancy winning a place on the USA storm chase in 2009?

Over the coming weeks you will have 3 opportunities to do just that, with three competitions enabling you to gain 3 entries into a prize draw to win a place on one of next years tours.

More details on the first competition will be issued very soon, but to give you a head start, you need to know that at the end of the first tour the team had driven 3450 miles....

Keep an eye out for full details on how to enter during the next couple of days.

For those of you who have already booked their places or are considering booking a place on the tours next year, the good news is that you all customers who book a place before the prize draw takes place will automatically have 3 entries placed into the final draw to win their place for free.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Oh, and attempting to bribe people who have been on the tours to get the mileage isn't allowed!!!!!

Posted

The first competition has now closed with the final mileage that the chase car drove revealed here:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=stormchase09;sess=

The winner has been contacted, so check your inboxes if you got close! Thanks to all that entered, we had a huge number of entries - which isn't a surprise really as it's a fantastic prize to win.

The next competition will start very soon, so keep an eye out for announcements...

Posted

i dont beleive it...I was going to put 12,500...dam NO JOKE... :) ..but changed my mind and put a stupid number instead...argggh

Edited by dogs32

Posted

i dont beleive it...I was going to put 12,500...dam NO JOKE... :D ..but changed my mind and put a stupid number instead...argggh

Posted

Yes, I think the travelling side must have been the worst part of the trip. I thought it was a long way driving from

where I live to Cornwall.

I should imagine the rest of the team kept saying " are we there yet" particularly with what you were

anticipating at the other end.

Posted

I thought last night that you must of taken in turns to drive....Wow,....I bet you were glad to leave the car after that..

I bet you have hard skin on your back side....or raw hide :D

No seriously I don't think I would like to drive that much in a short time

Edited by dogs32

Posted

I have to fully admit it's one of the reasons I've always been hesitant to sign up. Hubby has said I can sign up for the tour in 2011 (my 40th) but I'm not sure I'd be able to handle sitting in a car all that time. My back was agony after just driving up to Scotland over two days. What with the trapped nerve in my neck too, which would be made worse but looking up at the skies - I reckon you'd have to hire an ambulance to take me storm chasing http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.gif :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

I can't remember how much I put - think it was around 13.5k if I remember right. Any chance of posting up the guesses of forum members, guys!

Who was the winner - hope it was a real regular poster who couldn't possibly have afforded to go but would just love the opportunity. I noticed that the competition made its way onto competition sites so I really hope it was someone on here who would just kill for the chance to go.

Well done whoever it was!!!!!

Jo.

Edited by dvdfjojo

Posted

12,543 miles :clap:

Bearing in mind NW is now carbon neutral, that's a lot of trees your going to have to plant Paul Sherman http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

12,543 miles http://nwstatic.co.uk/forum/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.gif

Posted

I can't remember how much I put - think it was around 13.5k if I remember right. Any chance of posting up the guesses of forum members, guys!

Who was the winner - hope it was a real regular poster who couldn't possibly have afforded to go but would just love the opportunity. I noticed that the competition made its way onto competition sites so I really hope it was someone on here who would just kill for the chance to go.

Well done whoever it was!!!!!

Jo.