Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Which is an overall better system (La Crosse WS2350 USB) or (Honeywell TE923W)

I am new at this and have spent numerous hours researching stations. it would be simple if I decided to buy a Davis system but I just don't know weather hehe my interest will remain, so I have decided to ask the pros, please give me feedback on these and any other stations within this price range that you feel are of good quality. Thanks, Fred

Edited by Fred

Posted

Davis every time, if you can afford it.. They are very accurate. The lower priced stations have limitations such as lower wind speed sample rates.

Posted

As Potty says Davis is the best if you can afford it. It you want a weather station to dabble with until you make up your mind a LaCrosse 2300 is a good buy or Maplin do one. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...ion&doy=6m1

Davis every time, if you can afford it.. They are very accurate. The lower priced stations have limitations such as lower wind speed sample rates.

Thank you, The best price found so far for the Davis Wireless Vantage Pro 2 Weather Station 6152 is $410.00

As Potty says Davis is the best if you can afford it. It you want a weather station to dabble with until you make up your mind a LaCrosse 2300 is a good buy or Maplin do one. http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Module...ion&doy=6m1

Thanks

Edited by Fred

Posted

You may have problems importing a Davis from the states for various reasons discussed in this area of the forum. They tend to be very strict with their franchising.. If you do manage to import one, make sure the equipment is licensed for use in the UK regarding the transmitter frequencies. OFCOM are getting keen on unlicensed equipment.... Basically, they will confiscate it if they detect it.

You may have problems importing a Davis from the states for various reasons discussed in this area of the forum. They tend to be very strict with their franchising.. If you do manage to import one, make sure the equipment is licensed for use in the UK regarding the transmitter frequencies. OFCOM are getting keen on unlicensed equipment.... Basically, they will confiscate it if they detect it.

I just happen to be in the states :rolleyes: my search for assistance has been broad

Posted
I just happen to be in the states :D my search for assistance has been broad

AH!!.. There ya go then.. Go with the Davis.. :)

Posted

Go for the La Crosse at a couple of hundred Dollars and if you like it and get into the whole local weather reporting thing, you can trade up to the Davis and sell off the La Crosse on evil-bay at later date.

• 1 year later...