Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

June 7th - HIGH RISK

Paul Sherman

Posted

Heck,

Looks like we are in trouble at the moment, We waited on the Dryline bulge and watched Initiation of the biggest cell and tracked it to darkness to Coffeeville (Ks) this is where we currently are and we have a possible Tornado on the Ground heading straight for us, GR Level3 on in the room and Tornado Sirens are bound to go off soon, this could be pretty dangerous, the cell to our south when we checked in was nothing on radar but has grown into a Large Supercell and has Coffeeville written all over it.

Paul S

We have a Tornado on the Ground just to our South West, Television flashing Warnings, going to go outside.

Paul S

Posted

Tornado has passed just to our South thankfully, still have a Massive Supercell to our South still backbuilding.

Paul S

Posted
Tornado has passed just to our South thankfully, still have a Massive Supercell to our South still backbuilding.

Paul S

If it's still backbuilding as well could be a busy night for you yet. Ellesworth anyone?

post-7065-1181274993_thumb.jpg Can't have missed by that much Paul!

Stewart

Posted

No worries. Paul has been here often enough to know when he is in real danger. We're all talk but when faced with a tornado warning with a siren wailing (especially in the dark) survival instinct takes hold...

Still waiting in Chicago. Tornado watch now covers our area, but I'm now a bit drunk. Do I risk a couple of hours sleep or wait for the storms?

Addit: TV has now been interrupted by severe storm warnings with potential for large hail and tornadoes. Figure I'm safe from tornadoes in downtown Chicago, but severe weather nonetheless. Currently, all channels have interrupted programming to warn of severe thunderstorms/tornadoes.

Edited by WhiteFox

Posted

OK... Who is holding the Sherman feller to ransom?? :) Hope you're not feeling too rough Paul.. :blush:

Posted

Bit of a Nightmare as I logistically screwed up on Thursday. We stayed in Coffeyville (Ks) and I thought Denver was only 350-400 miles away for my flight home yesterday. So when I found out it was 600-700 miles away I Had too get up at 5am and drive to Kansas City to get a Connecting flight to Denver, then from Denver to Minneapolis / St Paul and then finally just got home to Gatwick, will upload the report and pictures from Thursday over the coming days.

Paul S

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Looking forward to seeing shots of the last few days, still waiting for video from the first trip..!! ha ha..

Yeah, yeah never had time and all that, :whistling: , great to see you made it back in one piece anyways Paul..

Posted

Hi NL,

Yes will start to upload all the Vid Clips asap, but have a Wife and 3 kids who have seen me only for 10 days since April so will do it sporadically, the Hail video from this trip is superb though, Tony is really worried about the car in the clip, last time he rented he wrote one off due to Hailstones, we were following Mark Humpages car and getting hit by Golfball & Ping Pong Hail and then a Softball hits the roof and me and Tony both look at each other and just had our mouths open.

I have another great LP Supercell picture to upload with Crep Rays shining through before it went on to become a Massive HP Supercell, also have the obligatory Sheriff sitting next to our cars and he did not mind his picture being taken one bit. Have found out the Camera I have bought only shoots in RAW, So I dont know if that is a bonus or not ??

Paul S

Posted
Tony is really worried about the car in the clip, last time he rented he wrote one off due to Hailstones, we were following Mark Humpages car and getting hit by Golfball & Ping Pong Hail and then a Softball hits the roof and me and Tony both look at each other and just had our mouths open.

Sorry to hear you had a slightly torrid time of it yesterday. It is good to see you back. We were starting to wonder if you had done a Dororthy! :whistling::p Defintely looking forward to seeing your video and pics.

Have found out the Camera I have bought only shoots in RAW, So I dont know if that is a bonus or not ??

Good grief! What have you bought? :shok: I thought only the really top end ones did that?!

Stewart

Posted

Fully understand Paul, i used to have a wife once!!! As for RAW i think its shows 'how it is' but too grainy for my liking ..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAW_image_format

Posted

Stewart,

Dont know what I have bought to be honest, it was on Special Offer in Walmart, would probably cost 3 times as much over here, it is a Canon Sureshot, which essentially is a DSLR, Without all the special things the "Proper" DSLR's do. It's pretty much a point and shoot camera

Paul S

Posted

My Olympus compact does RAW format Stewart. It only cost £150, so its not a feature that is exclusive to the top end. Very rare I use it though as it munches memory. :whistling:

I think Paul needs a bit of time to get his feet up and recover. Nice to see you're home safe mate..

Posted
I think Paul needs a bit of time to get his feet up and recover. Nice to see you're home safe mate..

Absolutely Prof. I know how tired I was when we came back and to think how busy the recent time must have been I can only imagine. Thank you Paul for letting us at home follow your exploits.

I do look forward to seeing your pics, etc but understand your priorities.

Stewart

Posted

It is better that the camera shoots in RAW. It means that the camera wont do any processing by itself, so you get to do that on your computer to show what it really looked like :wallbash: