Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

No storms, hate storms - post your storm related moans and groans here.

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Plumes and streamers

Feel for anyone who got no storms today. Was out and about and about for work but always in the wrong place. Was a horrible day to chase - storms popping up and vanishing all over the place.

Hope my luck is in for some big ones later...

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

For those who thought all the East areas got storms they didn't.

I got BOG all, apart from some rain. Stupid storms going round me and developing and going and being annoying. No thunder. 

But the deep, dark cloud I could see in the sun light were lovely.  :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Feel for anyone who got no storms today. Was out and about and about for work but always in the wrong place. Was a horrible day to chase - storms popping up and vanishing all over the place.

Hope my luck is in for some big ones later...

Agreed. Unless you were in London early afternoon where storms seem to organise briefly there was very little wind shear and the average lifespan of the storms were around 15-30 mins. I tried chasing today and had positioned myself on the M1 near to Northampton as this looked a good spot for easy access in all directions. The storm that developed to the south of Birmingham looked promising so I headed a bit north to intercept, but it died before it reached me. There were then more storms moving into Milton Keynes, but these had begun dying by the time I got back to the M1 and so I decided to head home.

I normally know better than to chase pulse storms, I guess the lack of storms around Derby since the 19th July has brought about a level of desperation. So today ended up being a reminder why I don't chase pulse storms.... at least I enjoyed a KFC this evening so not all bad. 

Posted

don't worry ,it can only get worse !!....

last year gave a couple of good ones in early october, but that was  possibly due to high SST and sudden lowering heights with cold uppers , I cant see this autumn giving good storms , I feel the warmth in the irish sea will slowly and quietly  leak away this autumn , rather than give fireworks,

So i reckon your right, game over for this year, 

• Like 1

last year gave a couple of good ones in early october, but that was  possibly due to high SST and sudden lowering heights with cold uppers , I cant see this autumn giving good storms , I feel the warmth in the irish sea will slowly and quietly  leak away this autumn , rather than give fireworks, So i reckon your right, game over for this year,

yep the heat will leak away ,this weekend won't help ,off to USA .in ten days hopefully will get something there ......

Posted

nice picks NL looks like estofex was wrong I was thinking level 1 this could be bad but to be fair the said sea breeze would trigger here the wind was still we actually got more wind today. but still very low speeds 5 mph gust of 8 mph.  I dont know what winds is needed to create convection.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

I just realized that I'd put this in the moaning thread.. :fool: .. I'm not moaning as the cloudscapes were fantastic. Cheers Vlad, yeah when i saw the forecast I had second thoughts about travelling to the west but when I looked at the charts and saw that 'bloody' easterly breeze I knew we had no hope, although my brother who works in Sunderland did observe one lightning strike.