Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Spanish plume anyone? Storm and convective discussion 17th July Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Carol on an earlier forecast, didn't say "humdingers", but provided some amazeballs insight, apparently some of the thunderstorms will be "thundery"

A storm could spawn an EF5 tornado and the Beeb would still call it a "thundery shower".

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

The Met office are saying just light showers for my area......why? Is it that they don't know where the storms are going to hit? What does everyone think as looking at the mods the cape is massive over us for Friday night into Saturday

Posted

Norwich - 0% storm risk Friday, 80% on Saturday and 63% on Sunday. Just need the possible MCS not to screw things up  :nonono:

Very late on Saturday though, sometime after 22:00.  I don't think it will turn out that way, but the BBC view on things has everything further west by 50-75 miles compared to yesterday

Posted

No real sign of any heat here yet. Going to have to get a move on if it's going to get near forecast temp.

Posted

Ever remember our classic storms of the 90's! This looks like it will be a trip down memory lane. Have not seen the steering upper winds this directly south since like a decade ago! This is what's been responsible for sending the huge French monsters into holland etc, not now! :p

I vividly remember the 90's storms. I even have one event on video tape which I keep meaning to transfer onto my laptop.

I also remember a holiday in Norfolk in 1990 when lightning was continuous from 11pm to 6am. Very little thunder or rain but amazing visually.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

If you look at pjb's post on ukweatherworld he goes onto explain about how the ecmwf keeps moving the storms further west, almost straight up Central Southern England, everything is to play for, don't drop your heads yet, there's always eh potential as the storms can occur anywhere!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

If you look at pjb's post on ukweatherworld he goes onto explain about how the ecmwf keeps moving the storms further west, almost straight up Central Southern England, everything is to play for, don't drop your heads yet, there's always eh potential as the storms can occur anywhere!

I think this will happen too, don't really know why. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms

I think this will happen too, don't really know why.

It's definitely something that doesn't happen normally, I feel bad for most out if the SE and eastern areas if that happens, but living in Bristol I get a better chance, I just cannot see why the ecmwf pushes everything further west on each run?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think the high ground should have given a weather warning because it is closer to the hot sun than in lower levels. You could sun-burn even if you climb up Mt Snowdon.

Edited by pip22

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

It's definitely something that doesn't happen normally, I feel bad for most out if the SE and eastern areas if that happens, but living in Bristol I get a better chance, I just cannot see why the ecmwf pushes everything further west on each run?

At this rate it'll be all systems go in the Atlantic :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I vividly remember the 90's storms. I even have one event on video tape which I keep meaning to transfer onto my laptop.

I also remember a holiday in Norfolk in 1990 when lightning was continuous from 11pm to 6am. Very little thunder or rain but amazing visually.

Yep, that's one storm I remember very well - it was with us from about 6pm until 11pm (when it was obviously with you after that!). No rain, just an amazing lightning show - in fact us and our neighbours grabbed some chairs and sat on our little green with a bottle of wine or two!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

No real sign of any heat here yet. Going to have to get a move on if it's going to get near forecast temp.

I can confirm very warm here with humidity definitely rising!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Are these storms for the midlands on Saturday going to be constant or come and go severe or not so and when are they expected to clear north

I'm not a fan of these as people are well aware by now and want to have an idea how long I might have to put up with this or is this not known yet

I am already irritating my family with my constant anxiety and they're not really due yet for a little while

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted

Heathrow 24C @0850z  8)

Though i notice at 0920z it dropped back to 22c

Edited by Chris101

Posted

Hold on Gordo ... I'll get my crystal ball

Are these storms for the midlands on Saturday going to be constant or come and go severe or not so and when are they expected to clear north

I'm not a fan of these as people are well aware by now and want to have an idea how long I might have to put up with this or is this not known yet

I am already irritating my family with my constant anxiety and they're not really due yet for a little while

• Like 1

Posted

Hello Gordon, wondered where'd you got to......!

Yes, I'm in the same boat, anxiety, tummy going off, fluttery heart rate. 

I'm hoping for say a glancing encounter, near enough to see and appreciate it, but far away enough to avoid it if you know what I mean?

You may get a starter course tonight, before the main course arrives.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

Hold on Gordo ... I'll get my crystal ball

A simple don't know would have done

serves me right for asking I suppose

I'm hoping for say a glancing encounter, near enough to see and appreciate it, but far away enough to avoid it if you know what I mean?

I'm trying to avoid coming to the forum as all it does is increase my anxiety and as for tonight I'm hoping the worst of that will be further west , that how it looks at the moment it's also fast moving so nothing prolonged let's hope saturday goes the same way of course the devil is in the detail

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

First thunderstorm now in the N of the Bay Of Biscay, way earlier than thought. A good start.

• Like 2

Posted

Bubbly cloud developing/growing in the northern Bay of Biscay, and looking at Blitzortung the first thunderstorm appears to have formed:http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en

Oops, beaten to it.

Edited by Evening thunder
  • Like 2

Posted

I expect theres a lot of people on here with the anxiety, butterflies in the stomach, unfortunately not for the same reason as you guys, i can't understand why you both choose to come on a weather forum (i'm not telling you to leave us though) and building the anxiety up over a number of days rather than just have it come without knowing about it and getting through the few hours when its here, though i can see the idea of the more you know about whats coming may make things slightly easier to take. Its a tough choice i suppose, i just don't know if i could take 4/5 days of working myself up with worry especially if in the end it comes to nothing.

Anyway best of luck over the next few days, and remember theres probably more chance of a bus load of fit ladies driving through your front wall than than being affected directly by a thunderstorm. :wink:

• Like 2