Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

July 2014 CET Forecasts

Posted

The Country currently (up to the 28th) has 16.3 as the average making it the joint 10th sunniest and joint 8th warmest month since records began (and likely to go up once the last 3 days are added)

http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/july-2014-in-top-ten-warmest-and-sunniest/

Edited by Weather26
  • Like 1

Posted

Adding all the maxima and minima for my nearest weather station (Solent), the mean for the month is hovering around 20C. The next nearest (Thorney Island) isn't far behind. A truly exceptional month here on the central southern coast.

Posted

Last year IIRC the downward correction was 0.4 C, this year I am guessing it will be 0.1 or 0.2, we shall see. 17.8 seems favoured, but if it hits 18.0 they might keep it there just to have two in a row.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Last year IIRC the downward correction was 0.4 C, this year I am guessing it will be 0.1 or 0.2, we shall see. 17.8 seems favoured, but if it hits 18.0 they might keep it there just to have two in a row.

Que?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

If it was 18C on the 30th, then how has one day made it fall by almost 0.3C? I can see that happening at the beginning of the month, but not right at the end...

Its the downward correction as Roger said above last July it was 0.4c for the downward correction

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77096-july-2013-cet-forecasts-competition/?p=2758788

Edited by Summer Sun

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

They should do a CET call it SET or something for us southeast of england people here in GRAVESEND we've only had 2 days below 20c all month and 5 below 20c since May! no way it was only 1c above average in our region. I would be interested to know how much above it was any links?

Edited by Kentspur

Posted

Most official stations in the SE between 1 and 2c above the July average.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

I think it's been the humidity that's made it feel a lot warmer than usual on top of the already above average temperatures, I have waited years for a decent lightning show of a storm and witnessed several this July!-definitely a memorable month in these parts as well as in many other regions!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Yes, its confirmed as 17.7C on Hadley:

http://hadobs.metoffice.com/hadcet/cetml1659on.dat

1.0C above the 1981-2010 average and 31st warmest in the CET series.

Yes I had to work hard for that 'rounding down'   :drinks:

17.7c for me

Scores now in and a lot of people were close for July with 3 of the 61 competitors within 0.5c.

With 7 getting it spot on.

nn2013, March Blizzard, hillbilly, stewfox, TonyH, Don, jonboy      

Well done to each of these.

In the Seasonal comp, 2 players were .1c out last month, and spot on this month, stewfox and Don, so understandably very close for both.

Dancer with wings is 3rd not far behind.

Overall, no change in first Reef and 2nd The PIT with Don up to 3rd.

Scores

PDF July 2014 CET.pdf

XLS July 2014 CET.xls

Edited by J10
  • Like 7