Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / storm Discussion - 5th June 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've been harping on about elevated lightning all week, it looks ideal for it tonight! I'm heading out to party now, but I'll hopefully be walking back during a light display, and hopefully in time to grab the camera. Good luck tonight folks!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

I've been harping on about elevated lightning all week, it looks ideal for it tonight! I'm heading out to party now, but I'll hopefully be walking back during a light display, and hopefully in time to grab the camera. Good luck tonight folks!

I hope so. I don't want to have to wake up in the morning either missed it all or not had any.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

I reckon it will pop up when destabilisation occurs. I was thinking the same as you on July 23rd last summer. Things didn't start kicking off until at least 11PM. By midnight onwards, it was absolutely astonishing and one of the best storms for sure. Went on for 7 hours straight !!

Yep last July easily the best storm seen round these parts  :crazy:

The backbuilding was just relentless, not seen one like that since the early  80s.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Any good news for YORKSHIRE

Yes, Lancashire only just over the hills, you can escape......
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

This is how I feel right now.

post-21578-0-89272100-1402087924_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Fog, Thunderstorms

Some good flashes on this webcam as the storm exits the picture: http://www.padstow-harbour.co.uk/phc_webcam.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Well, Torro now have a nice warning out..

http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

Posted ImagePosted Image

TORRO CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION 2014/001 

A TORRO CONVECTIVE DISCUSSION has been issued at 2030GMT on Friday 6th June 2014 

Valid from/until: 2030GMT – 1200GMT on Friday 6th June/Saturday 7th 2014 for the following regions of the United Kingdom & Eire: 

England 

Wales 

S Scotland 

Channel Is 

THREATS 

Hail to 15-20mm diameter; wind gusts to 45-50mph; CG lightning 

SYNOPSIS 

Large upper low to the west of the UK has promoted a northward flux of moisture across western Europe, and this plume is moving into S England now. EML, originating from Spain, and per the 12Z soundings from Brest and Bordeaux, is atop the moist plume. Thunderstorms, likely rooted atop this level /at around 600 hPa/ have developed across SW England. This is in association with a lead trough promoting lift, and probably divergent flow aloft. 

Overnight, such conditions will overspread more of England and Wales, and sporadic thunderstorms will likely develop or move north from France. Such storms will be elevated above a cooler boundary layer, and will probably be rooted close to 600 hPa, although some storms may root lower (although still above the boundary layer) as moister air moves in. Cloud-layer shear will be sufficient /30-35 knots/ for rotating updraughts from time to time, which bring an isolated risk of marginally severe hail, although forecasting such hail can be tricky, and so it's not out of the question that isolated incidences of larger hail may be noted. The elevated nature means severe winds seem unlikely but a few reports are possible. Lightning may be frequent, although mainly cloud to cloud, given the elevated nature. Any CGs will likely be powerful, given high cloud bases. 

During Saturday morning, activity may become more widespread, although still mainly elevated, as it moves northwards into N England/S Scotland. However, there is the chance that storms may become rooted in the boundary across E Anglia, N Midlands, N England and S Scotland, before the moist plume moves away. Any such storms may become organised and produce severe weather, but this will be dependant on the morphology overnight. This will be covered in a new forecast, if appropriate. In addition, post-frontal convection across Eire/N Ireland tomorrow afternoon will be subject to strong vertical wind shear, and could produce severe weather. 

Forecaster: RPK

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

a quick heads up folks........I'm going to start a new thread shortly to coincide with the evening model runs for the forthcoming stormy (I hope!) period...

link to follow

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Cloud clearing in London, still very breezy! Went to get my pants off the washing line and it still feels nippy!

• Like 3

Posted

Cloud clearing in London, still very breezy! Went to get my pants off the washing line and it still feels nippy!

Wow its boiling here in Bournemouth, windy warm air, got all windows open now

Posted

Feeling very cool in Aylesbury Bucks, just got in and kinda felt cold walking home lol Not as humid as I thought at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

ok, folks, link to new thread here  ---------> http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/80551-convectivestorm-discussion-for-060614-07-06-14/

please redirect currently compiled posts there.......locking this thread in a couple of minutes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

Did someone mention an overnight MCS? Nooooo!!! It totally wrecks the following day's potential boo hiss!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Yep last July easily the best storm seen round these parts  :crazy:The backbuilding was just relentless, not seen one like that since the early  80s.

Ah it really was incredible. Produced some spectacular lightning all night long. Just south of Huntingdon it seemed to be just building constantly for hours and spreading north. We ended up flooded by morning !!
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Your hot air should be heading this way soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

I get like that after a vindaloo!!!!

• Like 4