Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What's your favourite and least favourite season?

What is your favourite and least favourite season?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite season?

2. 2. What is your LEAST favourite season?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I found this one quite hard because winter is on one hand my favourite season but also my least favourite season because a mild wet winter is just horrendous and if they were always like last id rather skip it all together. :hi:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Interestingly enough, I would have chosen Winter as my favourite season a few years ago. But while I feel it offers me the most exciting weather [that lovely white stuff  :air_kiss: ],  one aspect that puts me off from Winter is its short daylight hours. It can make Christmas feel more festive, but it makes getting up in the early mornings harder when it's still dark outside and there's not quite the same feeling as their is in Summer when wanting to go on an adventure (whether it's going for a walk, going to a place etc). However, if it's very frosty, or if there's a blanket snow outside, then my enjoyability to go for a walk in Winter increases. In a way, Winter can be my favourite season tied with Spring, but only if its been reasonably snowy and frosty. When Winter doesn't provide hardly any snow or frost at all, Spring wins the No. 1 season award. I like the fact Spring can still be infested with wintry weather, and the fact it shapes out the pathway to longer daylight hours. Not to mention, it's nice to see new growth appearing on various plants in the garden and in the countryside. 

Unless Winter has been rainy and snowless, Autumn would have to be my least favourite season. I still like it a lot, and it can certainly offer a lot of striking colours when the foliage on plants turn yellow, orange, red or purple. But it's the shortening of the daylight hours, and the fact that snow is even more unlikely than it is in Winter, that makes Autumn a bit of a 'party pooper'. 

• Like 1

Posted

If I had to say one season it would be Autumn, though late October is an evocative time of the year one of rapid change with the chance of stormy weather and even the first snows on the odd occasion.

If I had to say which 'period' of the year I find most trying weatherwise it is probably roughly late August through to mid October, a period usually devoid of any extremes, yes we can still see heatwaves and the first storms of the season but more often than not we experience plenty in the way of 'benign - clement weather' - all very pleasant but uninteresting hence the word 'trying'.

Winter can be terrible when we see conditions like last year. November can be the most miserable month weatherwise, but for me always full of expectation for the winter ahead..

Overall May by far the best month. June a close second.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

I like spring and early summer the best. There's a good chance of warm, settled spells and the lengthening of the days is very welcome after winter's darkness. Plus any bad weather can be tolerated because you know there's still a good couple of summer months to go. Compare that to August where the days are noticeably shorter and any bad weather is made worse by knowing autumn's on its way!

I like interesting weather, including very hot spells in the summer and a couple of good snow events in the winter.  I'd rather have a fortnight heatwave than a fortnight of snow and ice though. I think my least favourite season is the late winter period around February - by that point I'm eager for spring to arrive as I start to get tired of the coldness and darkness of winter!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Well, as of 31 August 2014, the scores are, out of 81 casted votes:

Spring: -10 (6 favourite, 16 least favourite) -6

Summer: +9 (29 favourite, 20 least favourite) +5

Autumn: -19 (8 favourite, 27 least favourite) -3

Winter: +20 (38 favourite, 18 least favourite) +2

So winter is still Netweather's favourite season, and autumn is our least favourite. Summer has also seen the biggest increase in score and spring has seen the biggest decrease is score.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I know this is very late, seeing as how the last comment was posted back in 2014.  But, I just discovered this site online and joined it through Facebook.  I would like to post my two cents here.

My favorite season is Autumn and my least favorite season is Summer.

Why I love Autumn:

1) cold and crisp nights

2) pumpkins

3) apples

4) Halloween

5) changing leaves

6) Thanksgiving

7) first flakes of snow

Why I hate Summer:

1) too hot and humid, even at night

2) makes me feel absolutely miserable

3) too many bugs, especially bees and wasps (I'm allergic to their venom, by the way)

4) risk of severe thunderstorms

5) risk of tropical storms and hurricanes (not that they can't occur in Autumn...remember Superstorm Sandy?)

6) heat and humidity affect my allergies and my asthma much more than cooler weather

I also hate Spring and love Winter, too.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I know this is very late, seeing as how the last comment was posted back in 2014.  But, I just discovered this site online and joined it through Facebook.  I would like to post my two cents here.

My favorite season is Autumn and my least favorite season is Summer.

Why I love Autumn:

1) cold and crisp nights

2) pumpkins

3) apples

4) Halloween

5) changing leaves

6) Thanksgiving

7) first flakes of snow

Why I hate Summer:

1) too hot and humid, even at night

2) makes me feel absolutely miserable

3) too many bugs, especially bees and wasps (I'm allergic to their venom, by the way)

4) risk of severe thunderstorms

5) risk of tropical storms and hurricanes (not that they can't occur in Autumn...remember Superstorm Sandy?)

6) heat and humidity affect my allergies and my asthma much more than cooler weather

I also hate Spring and love Winter, too.

U in the US? take it you are with numbers 4 and 6 in autumn

• Like 1

Posted

My favourite month is Summer because of the beautiful warm days , perfect time for going to places and a great time for a thunderstorm :)

My least favourite month is spring due to the dullness in my experience it's always mild but with not much variation and generally rainy or cloudy ; however there are exceptions and if I had to pick , April would be my worst month of Spring and March my best.

Whoops I just realised this thread is a year old but because someone posted on it I thought it was active... Oh well :oops:

Edited by ThundersnowDays

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow!

Autumn definitely. I love the colours, the sweet damp smell walking in the woods, and the excited anticipation of stormy weather, and what the Winter will bring. Hopefully snow!!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I find it strange how there are some members who have voted for the same season in each category...

For me, as a coldie, winter wins hands down. But I do like autumn and spring.

I despise summer. Especially when it's hot. But even when it isn't hot, you still get irritating insects and sunburn. The only redeeming feature for me is the occasional thunderstorm, but they really are occasional.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I've never gotten sun burn in the UK..

Insects can be annoying but they're not much of a problem in the UK.

Edited by cheese

Posted

I've never gotten sun burn in the UK..

Insects can be annoying but they're not much of a problem in the UK.

I've caught the sun at the end of March before.

And I have a phobia of pretty much all flying insects so that doesn't help.

Posted

I find it strange how there are some members who have voted for the same season in each category...

For me, as a coldie, winter wins hands down. But I do like autumn and spring.

I despise summer. Especially when it's hot. But even when it isn't hot, you still get irritating insects and sunburn. The only redeeming feature for me is the occasional thunderstorm, but they really are occasional.

We agree on something!... p.s I i guess mods see who voted where?.. I voted winter as best as love snow and colder weather.. Least.. Summer.... Again not surprising for me.. cant stand hot weather Since i wear shorts most year round unless bitter winds 

• Like 1

Posted

We agree on something!... p.s I i guess mods see who voted where?.. I voted winter as best as love snow and colder weather.. Least.. Summer.... Again not surprising for me.. cant stand hot weather Since i wear shorts most year round unless bitter winds 

Nope, it's an open poll, anyone can see the votes.

In private polls nobody can see the votes (that I'm aware of).

• Like 1

Posted

Nope, it's an open poll, anyone can see the votes.

In private polls nobody can see the votes (that I'm aware of).

Never new their was open and closed votes Learnt something

• Like 1

Posted

I honestly don't have a favourite or least favourite, each season has it's pros and cons.

If I had to pick one season to last perpetually it would probably be Spring - it has far more pros than cons, in my opinion, with it's variability and potential other-season characteristics it's biggest redeeming feature; you can have winter in March and summer in May.

Edited by March Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I only have a least-favourite season - Autumn; the end-of-October 'daylight-robbery' gives my SAD a kick start!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunshine and thunderstorms. Mild in winter.

Over recent months and years, as my liking for snow has declined, I have found that winter has now overtaken autumn as my least favourite season. The warm spells that we've had has also helped to improve autumn for me too.