Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Glastonbury Wed 25 to Sun 29 June 2014

I think it's going to be more positive today  :yahoo:

and you are right. :clapping:

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/189/entry-4782-glastonbury-festival-2014-25-to-29-june-forecast-no-10-issued-17-june/

Much more promising today, it is proving to be a real roller-coaster this year. Today's rating would be better but I am trying not to get get too carried away on 1 or 2 runs, However if tomorrow's runs are as good/decent today, the score will be better.

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

Hello J10, thanks for that, nice blog for you today in terms of reducing mud related paranoia! For now ...

I notice you are not including UKMO models (some of which are also quite positive today) -- is there a reason for that, or are you just thinking that keeping up with GFS and ECM are quite enough to be going on with?

(Don't want to overload you like, just wondering is all)

Edited by William of Walworth

Hello J10, thanks for that, nice blog for you today in terms of reducing mud related paranoia! For now ...

I notice you are not including UKMO models (some of which are also quite positive today) -- is there a reason for that, or are you just thinking that keeping up with GFS and ECM are quite enough to be going on with?

(Don't want to overload you like, just wondering is all)

2 reasons UKMO hasn't fully come on-line yet, even at 6 days it only goes to 23rd. and Secondly hadn't really though about including them yet.

So as a result I will start including them from tomorrow. :good: .

Posted

This is great news! Keep up the great work j10 and let's hope the wellies can stay in the car this year. After a particularly stressful year of work I need to be able to lie down in a field and look at the sun, :)

My non g going friends don't understand my love for this festival or that it is my (and lots of others ) happy place where you shake off the stresses in life and regain perspective. It can be hard to achieve that sense of well being on a muddy year. I think that is why so many people become so obsessive about the weather forecast. You're helping mental health j10 :D

Posted

You going alone Dancing Daisy???.....I'm working there this year but apart from that I will be on my lonesome if you fancy a meet and a beer with a friendly face!!!LMK...Stu x

I'm going with a mate but more than happy to meet for beer with a fellow weather nerd. :) PM meJ10 I refuse to believe anything other than sun. Things will change Edited by dancing daisy

Haven't really gone into that much detail on temps, as given the model uncertainty there is little point, but if GFS is correct today, temps are set to be around 26c next Wednesday in the Glasto area.

What time can we expect today's update Jack?

Now published and the ECM 12Hz run is a bit of a game changer, what would have been a 5.0 rating was raised to 4.5, the first wholly settled run from the ECM.

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/189/entry-4788-glastonbury-festival-2014-25-to-29-june-forecast-no-13-issued-20-june/

I have also changed the format to try to give a forecast for each day of the festival, to make it more "real" and user friendly as we move within more reliable time frames.

Edited by J10

Posted

Thanks as always for doing this, it is really appreciated. 

Will be packing my rucksack today so going off last nights forecast, will pack for sunny and rainy weather. I have some lovely new purple waterproof trousers to take with me this year :)

Quite a few forecasts today giving heavy rain for the Saturday (28th)

I really hope that is a blip.

I don't think it is

The latest Blog is now out, and it is not for the faint hearted

http://forum.netweather.tv/blog/189/entry-4791-glastonbury-festival-2014-25-to-29-june-forecast-no-14-issued-21-june/

I can only go by the models, and the trend is not good.