Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

A bit quiet here...

Met Eireann's forecast for Saturday looks interesting!

Saturday: A very warm, muggy day with fog patches. Highest temperatures 18 to 24 degrees in almost calm conditions. 
Hazy sunshine will occur but there will be heavy downpours with hail and lightning and a risk of damage and disruption. 

Best make sure the camera is charged!

Posted

Yesterday, the weekend was looking good now its not, however, if it's going to rain, lets have rain with a bang!!

https://max.nwstatic.co.uk/gfsimages/gfs.20140717/06/57/ukprec.png

Posted

Here they come!

Posted Image

Half my family are out on an Cape Clear, an island just off the south coast of Cork where the storms are arriving now. Must be spectacular!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy

i hope we get a few storms up here on the north coast but im not holding my breath

Posted

So a possible breakdown this weekend of the current glorious weather? Still too far away to have confidence...

Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Glorious morning here with clear blue skies,temp already at 19.2c,if it stays mostly clear for the day i should record my warmest temp so far this year.

Posted

Mostly cloudy in Cork this morning, but still feeling warm.

Stuck inside working on my MSc dissertation, currently 23.7C and 71% RH. So a humidex value of 30C, feels grand with a little fan buzzing beside me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow

Recorded my warmest day of the yr so far today,max temp 25.1c.

Clear skies with a current temp of 20c.

Posted

Beautiful day today actually had to go and buy a fan lol now only if we could get some of those storms here aswell

Posted

I know the LRF and the FI model watching shows August very unsettled and Autumnal… But this has been the best summer I can remember and I'm over 4 decades on the green earth! Beautiful and warm and dry! Let's hope the models are wrong, but even if they're not, it still goes down as a cracker in my book!

Posted

Hi to all of you in Ireland.

My wife and I are going to be holidaying in the Giants Causeway region from 5th-10th August (our first time in Ireland) and I am currently concerned that the gradually worsening weather may be in full swing by early next week!

I have a query for those of you who may be in the know ; if the Atlantic is in full swing will there still be breaks in between rain bands and showers as happens in Southern England (gicvng the chance of half a day to a whole day of decent conditions), or is it more likely to remain cloudy/wet with LOW pressures in closer proximity than what I am used to?

Also, are there any good local weather forecasting sites that we could refer to? And is your regional BBC forecast any good?

Many thanks!

Posted

Re Ireland Weather - Basically, at any given time of the year, you can experience all four seasons in the day. 

The weather can change minute to minute. especialy the nearer you are to the coast/mountains. But by Jaysus when the sun comes out here at this time of year, it splits rocks!

I use www.met.ie, fairly accurate, but as I said Be Prepared!

Posted

Dublin Airport received 115% of it's typical August rainfall in just one day, yesterday, and 112% more rain in that one day than in the preceding 2 months!

Posted

anyone else bored with the weather atm apart from a few sharp showers there's been nothing interesting recently. thought bertha might have brought something a little bit interesting all i've had is constant heavy rain. i know i'm too far north but i was hoping for a breath of wind or something lol

Posted

Just 11 days into August and it's already Dublin Airports wettest month since October 2011!

Posted

squally showers keep passing through today one minute it's sunny the next it's pouring down sideways

Posted

I've had nothing but a couple of rumbles up here unfortunately but the sunshine has been decent this summer though 

Posted

Feels more like mod November out there today windy and rainy

Posted

hi all. summer hibernation at an end! deffo feeling a bit more autumnal lately. temp down to 11c earlier in a shower. hopefully lots to look forward to over the coming months...

Posted

How's it going folks. Just dropping in to Say hello. Seems that our summers are showing up early the past few years with the end of June, start of July giving the best weather. This month has proved to be a wash out so far! Looking forward to Autumn and winter now and hopefully something more interesting will happen as last year was just a disaster. Also been keeping an eye on developments with the Icelandic volcano and if it does erupt which is looking very likely then this could have a positive knock on effect to our winter weather pattern! Interesting times ahead maybe.