Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Rest Of Northern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Getting quite windy here and cold

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think the leafs on some trees are turning into orange colour now. We may see leafs dropping by September. Autumn is indeed come very early this time. I wonder what Winter bring this time? Only time will tell.

Edited by pip22

Posted

Wind is picking up from SE and apparently helping to stop the rain getting much further than The Humber - so far.It's about 15C and bright cloud so not bad really, but there are very few people about for a Bank Holiday.It was quite busy yesterday, I think they saw the forecast for rain on Monday and believed it.  :nonono:

Posted

Hi, just a quick question as i cant find any information online, does anyone here know roughly Sheffield University's (not Hallam) height above sea level? It is in the west of the city from what i can gather so maybe a bit higher than eastern parts as its closer to the peaks? Any response would be appreciated, thanks!

Also the same for Leeds University and Northumbria whilst im here i guess! Thank you!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well that scores pretty damned high in the list of BH Mondays with the worst weather.

We missed most of the rain but with a strong gusty wind, low cloud and a temperature that didn't reach 12c it certainly has been one to forget.

Roll on next weekend and then a week in the sun, can't wait.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well that scores pretty damned high in the list of BH Mondays with the worst weather.

We missed most of the rain but with a strong gusty wind, low cloud and a temperature that didn't reach 12c it certainly has been one to forget.

Roll on next weekend and then a week in the sun, can't wait.

Posted

Been nice today 30c and blue sky ,don't now what it's like at home though !!.......

In answer to your question wet all day, certainly in my little part of the Pennines.

Anyway off for a week's holiday in sunnier parts tomorrow, just as summer aparantly makes a welcome return here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

What a gorgeous day today. It is sunshine with some clouds here, almost wall-to-wall.  Its being a great day for me, I been to Southport and I had chips, pudding and peas. yum,yum!! :D

Edited by pip22

Posted

did anyone else catch that funnel cloud south of Lancaster around 11.45am? it was on the front edge of a rain storm that passed over north lancs between 11 and 1.30 today.i did snap a couple of long distance low contrast shots. ive reported it to torro..(uk,s tornado research org)

Posted

I think I witness the first frost of the season here. There's even smoke coming out of my mouth as I pop my head out of my window.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

It was showing 23c here this afternoon, a lovely day.

Posted

It's been a mainly sunny day day here since mid morning.

A bit hazy at times but not bad considering cloudy skies with only glimpses of blue sky.

19c not bad either.

All in all a decent day.

Well, back from USA ,an amazing 3weeks on tour and 3000miles ,13 storms including one supercell with rotating wall cloud and barley twist structure and one storm that dropped 8inches of rain which destroyed 15miles of i15 interstate ,back home now to nothing happening weather :(......... i15 !!!!!

Edited by Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Did anyone see the twister over North West England, Skem, Wigan, Merseyside areas. It was definitely there, very thin reaching from the cloud downwards and had a rotating  movement. Couldn't believe my eyes, had to use the camera on my phone, will upload when I find the lead

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Also reached 23c here today, spent the day tidying up the garden

Sadly by friday it looks like thundery showers will become more

Widespread.

Another six weeks or so and I will start looking forward to

Winter

C.s

Posted

Obviously this weather doesn't suit everyone but I've no problem at all with it.

Dry underfoot and with the leaves starting to change colour makes for excellent walking conditions.

I could certainly stand another few weeks of it before autumn sets in although a bit of early morning frost would make it feel a bit more seasonal as well as speeding up the end of my lawn cutting for the year,

Take August out of it and its been another decent summer.

Posted

After so many dry days it seems unusual to see heavy rain.

Hopefully not a sign of things to come though.