Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England, East Anglia & Central Southern England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted

We seem to have gone straight from spring into autumn here. Eventually managed to creep up to 16.5c, but quite a breezy north-easterly which makes it feel chilly, especially as we haven't seen the sun at all today. Wish it would rain if it's going to be like this - may have to water the garden.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

We seem to have gone straight from spring into autumn here. Eventually managed to creep up to 16.5c, but quite a breezy north-easterly which makes it feel chilly, especially as we haven't seen the sun at all today. Wish it would rain if it's going to be like this - may have to water the garden.

Unpleasant here in Chelmsford with a strong breeze from a cool quarter and fairly dull with only the very occasional glimpse of the sun. Also spells of drizzle in between the brighter spells. I only hope it is better tomorrow as the current weather is boring and achieves nothing. If only it would produce a decent spell of rain if it is going to, it would save having to water my allotment.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Well the last couple of weeks of beautiful weather are now a distant memory as this vile, cold, windy and grey crap has taken over. It's really gloomy but dry, a total waste of time. 5 days til the longest day! Hopefully it will cheer up again soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Light rain turned into heavy rain as I was walking into town :nonono:

• Like 1

Posted

Evening All. :D

Really cool day - and cloudy. Not typical of a MidSummer day, was chilly in the morning.

Have a nice evening :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all...

Pretty poor weather weekend just gone, when comparing to the glorious working weeks weather.

Saturday was cloudy and cooler of late, and that was the day we promised the children a trip to Deal in Kent to do a spot of fishing off the pier there. Was pretty gloomy all day but atleast we caught a few makeral and dogfish which brighten the mood. Around 4pm the cloud started break so we had some fish and chips on the front which ended up really nice in the sun in the end.

On Sunday we planned a nice day out hoping it would be sunny, but it stayed cloudy and cool all day. So we opted with a chilled out Father's Day then a nice trip to TGIs for my Father's Day dinner.

Today has been pretty much the same as yesterday. Tomorrow's forecast is looking good though, which is good as I have a business meeting planned on a boat next to HMS Belfast on the Thames. We are due to start sailing around 9.30 to 4pm up and down the Thames. I will hopefully have time to get some pictures, and if they are any good I will post here tomorrow.

ATB

• Like 2

Posted

Cool and cloudy here but no rain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Well today was rather rubbish, a lot of cloud and some drizzly showers.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Posted

Dull, grey, cool and with a nip in the air from the north/north-easterly in London today. Is there any sign of the high shoving off somewhere?

Posted

After a cloudy nothing type day I have a bl**dy cold night! sitting in my winter fleece PJ's with winter fleece dressing gown and winter slippers on. 14.5 in my living room is not acceptable for mid June especially as Friday was so hot and sunny. Where's the summer gone? when is it coming back? will it come back? and more importantly will by watermelon plant be OK under a bottle cloche which is under a fleece tonight?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Dull, grey, cool and with a nip in the air from the north/north-easterly in London today. Is there any sign of the high shoving off somewhere?

It will shove off even further west, which will cool things down again after a brief warm up!

After a cloudy nothing type day I have a bl**dy cold night! sitting in my winter fleece PJ's with winter fleece dressing gown and winter slippers on. 14.5 in my living room is not acceptable for mid June especially as Friday was so hot and sunny. Where's the summer gone? when is it coming back? will it come back? and more importantly will by watermelon plant be OK under a bottle cloche which is under a fleece tonight?

It is cold isn't it! I think everyone in my neighbourhood is relieved though, as they don't want to keep there windows open after what happened! Everyone has locked themselves in! I think your watermelon plant will be fine! Although, if things don't heat up soon, it will struggle to grow and go the same way as mine did last year, not a pretty sight!

• Like 2

Posted

Where is JP with his updates ? Am missing these

From what I know, it is a mostly settled week for the south east, but by no means sunny all the time! High pressure will be close by but with a tendancy to move out to the west allowing cloud and cool northerly winds to flood down from time to time! Maybe the odd shower too!

• Like 2

Posted

What? The World Cup is on? Why wasn't I told? Here we go again. And as I watched the inevitable defeat, and watched a gnarly scouser with a hair weave consoling a little black man called Raheem.. I thought just how diverse this thing called 'England' is. Who are we? How did we get here? And why can't the rest of the world see how great the Saveloy is? 

I'm going to abandon England and hang my tights on USA for this championship.

Enjoy your day.. It's not that sunny.. But it is trying. Etc etc etc

• Like 1

Posted

Nice sunny day, 23c today! I don't think it will last as the high pressure will be taking regular strolls this week out west, increasing the cloud and northerly breeze for us, from time to time!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Got up early this morning (6am) and thought "here we go again with the vile, cold, cloudy crap" but what a turnaround! Beautiful day, sunny, a bit fresh and breezy but 20C isn't bad in the sun. Nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

was no point posting anything yesterday, it was same as the day before ;- cloudy,cool, damp, boring/

Much better day today. Sun is out.

Posted

A mild but tad breezey evening walk had here, nice out in the sun, be it a bit subdued by the veiled cloud we have here.  Have been able to use the peace of the walk to think more on some potential art ideas, watch this space :)

Posted

An unexpectedly sunny day here, and the breeze has dropped. Has the HP moved farther east than forecast?

Posted

An unexpectedly sunny day here, and the breeze has dropped. Has the HP moved farther east than forecast?

I think it has, but it will be toing and froing all week, sunny, cloudy, sunny, cloudy and so on and so on, until we all die of boredom!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Weatherwise for the rest of the week looks difficult to predict apart from the basics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

High pressure in charge with a north to north westerly flow.

Variable amounts of cloud. Some places (especially inland) could see some good sunny spells, other areas might be rather cloudy. Mostly dry but again an isolated shower cannot be ruled out.

Temperatures - 18- 25C, highest temperatures in the sunnier areas in the south. Friday will be a touch cooler.

Weekend looks similar but details are rather sketchy in respect to how warm it could be.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Dark now here, the breeze has calmed down a tad and moved to a more cooler part of the day, still dry which is nice, expect tomorrow to offer up some rain.

Edited by ajpoolshark
*sigh*....post on topic then!

Posted

Weatherwise for the rest of the week looks difficult to predict apart from the basics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

High pressure in charge with a north to north westerly flow.

Variable amounts of cloud. Some places (especially inland) could see some good sunny spells, other areas might be rather cloudy. Mostly dry but again an isolated shower cannot be ruled out.

Temperatures - 18- 25C, highest temperatures in the sunnier areas in the south. Friday will be a touch cooler.

Weekend looks similar but details are rather sketchy in respect to how warm it could be.

thanks Matt :good:

• Like 1