Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wildlife (fauna and fauna) in your garden and local area

Jax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just met what appears to be a new hedgehog in my garden, not too timid either and nice to see their return, used to seeing hogs in the yard.

Had a few more black birds this spring and have a sitting robin all vying for the food and water with the finches, tits, starlings and pigeons that make regular visits.

The Ivy is doing well and attracts the tits, also have a "wild" patch of mint I hope to see return aswell.

• 2 months later...
Posted

Seeing a lot more sparrows this year making a visit to the garden, not as many starlings though.  And today a couple of magpies have turned up.

Posted

Foxes - once a rare sight around here but are now commonplace. Lost another cat recently and I'm sure the packs of foxes took her. She was 19yrs old and had failing vision and hearing - easy prey. Same night she disappeared, a neighbour had his chicken coop raided by foxes digging under the fence. I can't be angry with them or plan any type of retribution - I'm an animal lover across the board. But now our cats have to stay in at night until the cubs are grown and hopefully move on.

Seen loads of bats lately. They come out around 10:30pm, mostly pipistrelles but some larger ones too but not don't know what they are.

In the hills there are pair of pied Carrion Crows - white wings and black bodies. I've seen Jackdaws and Crows with part-albinism before but never a pair, they are always together. Surely must be siblings that inherited it from their parents. I wonder what the odds are of a pair though with the same markings?

Posted

More butterflys (reds and ringlets) sunning in the garden today.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

My Rowan tree is loaded with berries this year, noticed a near by holly bush is the same, and talking to some locals recently that know farmers and they are said to be getting in some crops weeks ahead of normal.