Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2014

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Weather hasn't been very nice here over the last few days. Warm with no breeze yesterday, muggy and warm this morning, warm last night...it's been quite uncomfortable..Lets hope the next few days cool down and next week is nice and unsettled. Wishing for a more interesting spell of weather which includes cool and wet. You never know it might last into the summer.  Here's hoping!

(Cue posts telling me how odd I am for wanting cool in Spring and Summer......it should be warm dont'ya know!...waffle,waffle)

Edited by simshady
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Weather hasn't been very nice here over the last few days. Warm with no breeze yesterday, muggy and warm this morning, warm last night...it's been quite uncomfortable..Lets hope the next few days cool down and next week is nice and unsettled. Wishing for a more interesting spell of weather which includes cool and wet. You never know it might last into the summer.  Here's hoping!

(Cue posts telling me how odd I am for wanting cool in Spring and Summer......it should be warm dont'ya know!...waffle,waffle)

It's up to you what weather you like.

From your location, do you also support Stockport County and find their form over the last few years quite refreshing? :wink:

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Lifelong United supporter. Their form at the moment is a bit of a change admittedly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Depends whether you enjoyed the winter just gone :p

Posted

Depends whether you enjoyed the winter just gone :p

Wasn't bad actually looking back on it...could have been colder but it was fine for me thanks.  :laugh:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Well, you said it, not me. :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted

Well, you said it, not me. :laugh:

lol...i expected it. Right on cue. There's always one. 

Edited by simshady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Enjoy the weather, you can't take it with you 😎

Well Im going down to Beautifall Mid Wales with my Girl. next week....The model output is abysmal, :nonono:  :nonono:  :nonono: But I don't think any of its output will verify... :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Tuesday night was 'orrid yeah, too warm, much better now especially with fresher nights

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

In FI I know and probably won't occur but GFS 00z ends on a summery note with some very warm air coming in on SE'ly winds

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Sorry to see the Regional threads closed, i know last year was an experiment but i thought it worked quite well, especailly when charts started showing up like above :rolleyes:

Posted

Aye I know the regional threads are very quiet from April to October generally but would rather them of stayed open especially for any potential convective/plume/heatwave events.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I'm sure the Regional's will be re-opened for any potential/local/severe weather event's. 

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Yep, they will be opened as and when needed :)

The regional threads were only really designed for peak weather periods (and may be still opened temporarily on a region by region basis should any weather events occur during the rest of spring, summer and autumn). 

• Like 1

Posted

Looking forward to this spell of unsettled weather...hopefully a bit cooler too. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

ECM I feel wrong again in FI, expect it to follow GFS and UKMO, GFS looks the most accurate here, low pressure/rain, rather than high pressure/sun, we are in the UK  afterall

like the last bit of your post simshady, but would like little rain

Edited by IrememberAtlantic252
  • Like 1

Posted
Detestable output for the next week or so and more concerning for me I'm off to Prague next week and looks little better there. Each model run makes a repeat of the ridiculously cloudy, cool and wet summer-2012 garbage I got in Slovakia last May seem more and more likely. It will be the last holiday I ever take north of 45degrees N that's for sure. The whole of Europe away from the Med has an absolutely stinking awful vile, hateful cloud filled abomination of a climate  :wallbash:

Usually there has been a warm spell in Central Europe by now but it looks like they are suffering the same tepid temperatures and lack of extremes as here. Hasn't got above 21C in Prague yet this year and unfortunately little chance of me seeing it get even that high next week. April 2013 saw 26C reached and April 2012 28C with most years seeing at least 24C. This years weather is truly pathetic :bad:
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

ECM I feel wrong again in FI, expect it to follow GFS and UKMO, GFS looks the most accurate here, low pressure/rain, rather than high pressure/sun, we are in the UK  afterall

like the last bit of your post simshady, but would like little rain

Still no agreement from the models with ECM not backing down from its pressure rise yet GEM, GFS and UKMO also not backing away from the unsettled start to the week rather confusing it has to be said

Posted

'like the last bit of your post simshady, but would like little rain'

Yeah, can understand that....I actually like settled as long as it's cool/cold. I hate the warmth. The only reason I'm looking forward to it being unsettled is because it's been so godawfully boring recently, weather-wise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

'like the last bit of your post simshady, but would like little rain'

Yeah, can understand that....I actually like settled as long as it's cool/cold. I hate the warmth. The only reason I'm looking forward to it being unsettled is because it's been so godawfully boring recently, weather-wise.

And with the recent warm dry weather I have been able to get about more easily with less joint pain, that has all changed again now mind.

• Like 3

Posted

And with the recent warm dry weather I have been able to get about more easily with less joint pain, that has all changed again now mind.

Yes, weather's different for everyone. I myself have asthma and warm,dry weather, an increase in pollen production and pollution set it off.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

Lots of lovely orange and red  everywhere and a big lump of snot over us, amazing how often the charts show this.

Posted Image

Edited by CongletonHeat
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

As I burn easily and am prone to hay fever, a lot of people are surprised by how much enthusiasm I sometimes show for hot sunny spells- I am quite used to comments suggesting that I would be expected to be most at home in a moderately warm, dry and cloudy type of summer (those setups with westerlies on the northern flank of a ridging Azores High spring to mind), as that would allow me to go out and do things without having to worry about sun burn, pollen or getting overheated.  The main flaw in the above is that the weather enthusiast in me tends to register a notable spell of hot and/or sunny weather as an outstanding/exciting event in much the same way as with snowstorms, thunderstorms, notable cold spells etc.

The traditional division of the weather into settled/good, unsettled/bad has never quite worked for me either, as I can easily identify exceptions from my perspective, like the unsettled spells featuring sunny spells mixed with thundery downpours, and the settled spells featuring persistent stratocumulus, though with us lying at the downwind end of the Atlantic, most of our "unsettled" spells do feature a fair amount of frontal rain coming in off the Atlantic rather than thundery downpours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Yes some shocking charts of everyone enjoying the warmth but the UK (and maybe Calais! :lol: ) Just not fair. Hopefully the opposite will become true. :)

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

In my experience these "south-eastward sliding low" scenarios often get revised further west with time, so I expect the colder "northerly" runs to be replaced with runs showing a cyclonic south to south-westerly (though not a warm regime, as we are likely to get modified arctic maritime air) followed possibly by a brief easterly, on the east/north flank of the low.  However I can see the last week of May having lows come in from the west on quite a southerly track.

Edited by Thundery wintry showers