Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps Spring/Summer 2014

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Perfect week's, dreadful weekend's seems to be the theme this month, very bad timing with everything!

LOL do not recall many dreadful ones this Summer!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Think we need to make most of this week and early part of next week. Because if the charts are to be belived August looks like not starting out on a great way. Cool and wet from mid week next week for the foreseeable future. But guess apart from 2003 most Augusts turn out not great.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I will believe it when I see it. I've been waiting for cool and unsettled weather to arrive since early June.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Think we need to make most of this week and early part of next week. Because if the charts are to be belived August looks like not starting out on a great way. Cool and wet from mid week next week for the foreseeable future. But guess apart from 2003 most Augusts turn out not great.

I just hope that it's a bit cooler...I can't take much more heat. I know, I'm a wuss...lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

To be honest in my part of the country (Northampton) this summer hasn't been particularly exceptional.  Although it has been very warm I wouldn't say it has been hot and definately not seen 90f yet.  Even the nicest days havent produced wall to wall sunshine. A lot of the days have been more cloud than sun really, so although definately not a washout summer by any means, it also hasn't been a sunshine record breaker either.  Call it a middleground summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

No surprise really from the models. Just as I go on holiday I turn into a giant Atlantic low pressure magnet, every time. Just like at uni. The weather went catastrophically wrong once my exams in May had finished  :rofl:

Same here :-( A caravan on the North Wales Coast from this Sat for one week grrrr

Posted

Was looking forward to my week away on east coast from 8th August. But looking at the long range output for August think I might just give it a miss. Don't fancy a cold wet east coast much.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

To be honest in my part of the country (Northampton) this summer hasn't been particularly exceptional.  Although it has been very warm I wouldn't say it has been hot and definately not seen 90f yet.  Even the nicest days havent produced wall to wall sunshine. A lot of the days have been more cloud than sun really, so although definately not a washout summer by any means, it also hasn't been a sunshine record breaker either.  Call it a middleground summer.

absolutely agree.its only been a week now of heat, for me last week was the first time i hit 25c, so whilst most of the last 8 days now have been pretty great, with a promise of 2 more to come...if this is 'it' for th heat then its not going to be a particualy spectacular year. poorer then last summer, BUT it has to be said that its still miles better then many recent summers. esp 07,08,12 which were particually bad.

think its better then 'middle ground', id say its 'better then average', assuming we get no more heat which if the models are to be believed is looking likely. recent augusts have been poor, like has ben mentioned, 03 was the last 'good' august, 11 years of poor augusts...it has to end sometime...others though might disagree, but us here in the east mids got alot of grey cloud off the north sea whilst southern and western areas got sunshine and warmth.

Posted

I will believe it when I see it. I've been waiting for cool and unsettled weather to arrive since early June.

trouble is...this time it has growing support from various outputs. :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I wouldnt say 11 years of poor Augusts, more like 11 years without a good August. There have been some average ones. 2005, 2009,2012, 2013 but they have been nowt special.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yahooooooo very cloudy this weekend totally fantastic love it totally love it

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

absolutely agree.its only been a week now of heat, for me last week was the first time i hit 25c, so whilst most of the last 8 days now have been pretty great, with a promise of 2 more to come...if this is 'it' for th heat then its not going to be a particualy spectacular year. poorer then last summer, BUT it has to be said that its still miles better then many recent summers. esp 07,08,12 which were particually bad.

think its better then 'middle ground', id say its 'better then average', assuming we get no more heat which if the models are to be believed is looking likely. recent augusts have been poor, like has ben mentioned, 03 was the last 'good' august, 11 years of poor augusts...it has to end sometime...others though might disagree, but us here in the east mids got alot of grey cloud off the north sea whilst southern and western areas got sunshine and warmth.

I missed out on the heat last year due to my location at the time so this summer has been very very welcome to me so far. We have had a good solid week of temperatures in the mid-high twenties and even a 31C last Friday. Haven't missed the north sea rubbish at all, though the last few mornings have started murky.

So tomorrow and Saturday look good, I would make a call beyond then to be honest. 

Good summer so far but of course it is perfect correct to say that it hasn't been a classic.

Posted

Well might live to regret it but just cancelled my week away at scarborough cricket festival. Looking at the output and ensembles think they might not be much cricket played that week. Looks like another nasty August could be on the cards. Looks like the cold over the states again is about to fire up the Atlantic. So instead of getting soaked all week decided to stay home and work.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Well might live to regret it but just cancelled my week away at scarborough cricket festival. Looking at the output and ensembles think they might not be much cricket played that week. Looks like another nasty August could be on the cards. Looks like the cold over the states again is about to fire up the Atlantic. So instead of getting soaked all week decided to stay home and work.

What a shame. Indeed August could just spoil the fun yet again. :(
  • Like 1

Posted

What a shame. Indeed August could just spoil the fun yet again. :(

yeah I know looks like August will spoil the uk summer again. Rather stay home than spend £££ getting wet and cold.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I'm not writing off August at all but it does seem typical things are set to change for that month at least for the start. Nothing more frustrating than the coldest uppers around this latitude making a bee line for the UK only. :(

Edited by Costa Del Fal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm not writing off August at all but it does seem typical things are set to change for that month at least for the start. Nothing more frustrating than the coldest uppers around this latitude making a new line for the UK only. :(

No it will only be next week which sucks weather-wise. As soon as I return from holiday then the heat shall build again  :rofl:

BTW what a cracker of a day today, to see high temperatures so widespread is a joy to see.

• Like 1

Posted

And to hear 'scorching temperatures in Glasgow' being mentioned on the Commonwealth Games coverage is quite unusual haha, but I'm very happy for them. Perfect timing for the start of the games.

Posted

TBH we could do with a drop of rain

Edited by TonyH

Posted

BTW what a cracker of a day today, to see high temperatures so widespread is a joy to see.

agreedpoint taken aswell milhouse, not so much poor augusts as lack of good one

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

All this cooler weather on way speaking from a imby pov a wind not coming off cool north sea with some sun it wont feel to bad weve not had the scorching temps here like everywhere else with these north/east winds :-)

Posted

TBH we could do with a drop of rain

indeed we do, even after last saturdays thunderstorm, floods, deluge, it all ran off and did practically nowt.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Agree to an extent Eugene. Ive been out this evening playing golf and its very pleasant here despite the north sea low cloud rolling back in. It will be much cooler than elsewhere but still feels nice. But i just think there is something special about seeing the UK map plastered with high 20s temperatures. Its proper summer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

The ground is starting to crack in the fields round here.