Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 30th March 2014 onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

A nice new thread folks. We are looking at a possibility of storms over the next few days.Posted Image So please carry on the discussion here and good good luck everyone.Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

Posted Image cheers to a good thundery spell ,and may it continue through to the autumn ,plenty of Spanish plumes and Night time rattlers .ok we missed out on the snow in general ,best of luck to all posters ,bring it on ,cheers all .

• Like 4

Posted

Is any potential overnight activity supposed to be imported or home grown? The BBC chart would suggest the former, but nothing of any interest showing up on the French radar yet.

Is any potential overnight activity supposed to be imported or home grown? The BBC chart would suggest the former, but nothing of any interest showing up on the French radar yet.

stuff coming out of france now , but doesn't look that impressive , and no sferics !!!.... Edited by Mokidugway

Posted

stuff coming out of france now , but doesn't look that impressive , and no sferics !!!....

Pretty much what I thought. Can't wait for a couple of months when we can gather round, watching the radar, will they, won't they & then get mad as they all drift into Belgium & Holland!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Could be interesting come tomorrow into afternoon for Wales and the Midlands and then this will drift North into the evening.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

Could be interesting come tomorrow into afternoon for Wales and the Midlands and then this will drift North into the evening.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Maybe worth a quick drive to the east side of the Island if we get something drifting out to sea from North Wales. Maybe some lightning on the horizon.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Maybe worth a quick drive to the east side of the Island if we get something drifting out to sea from North Wales. Maybe some lightning on the horizon.

You may get more than just a veiw Posted Image 

Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, cold winters.. How it should be!

You may get more than just a veiw Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll take that!!! MetOffice precipitation charts show some extremely heavy precipitation passing through here late afternoon, early evening!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and a cracking thunderstorm

Come on give me a thunderstorm over Manchester, please! - I want to make a new thunderstorm video!

I'm hoping there'll be some in Manchester too as I'll be at MediaCity for the next two weeks (14th floor too - so will have awesome views).Fingers all crossed. :)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Could get interesting across SW England, Wales and eventually NW England later, as an upper shortwave/cold front moves NE destabilising the air. Storm forecast for today:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=a59b4692780e8cdd08d217290bc68648

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Definitely *feels* like there's potential here, it feels quite humid already....although we're a bit too far east given the risk area....

Posted

GFS has a secondary chance of storms in the NW overnight which i'm assuming is the result of forcing from the Pennines, but anytime between 12 and 3am the risk heightens somewhat back up to 40% as this afternoons storms continue to traverse into the Scottish borders.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Just had a splattering of large raindrops in Derby.The sun is really getting to work on the cloud,but I feel I'm too far east for any action later!!

• Like 1

Posted

Nice little line of showers through the central spine of the country moving north. Hoping to see something later. Feels warm here considering we have 90% cloud cover. Good luck for later people.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

My bet for a storm later is somewhere around Ludlow and Wrexham. Could get interesting here too but well see.

• Like 1

Posted

My bet for a storm later is somewhere around Ludlow and Wrexham. Could get interesting here too but well see.

Might chase later. Don't finish work till 4:30 though. Hopefully I won't have to chase to far. IPad and phone at the ready.
  • Like 1

Posted

Expecting some heavy showers here around 10-11pm tonight, would be great to see lightning too, especially as I have a clear view looking south from my window!