Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. :)

The sky is currently bright, with lots of cirrus and contrails to the east (I think there might have been a nice sunrise, but I didn't catch it) To the southwest the cloud is thickening and I suspect it won't be long until it clouds over. It is also somewhat breezy and a touch chilly.

Have a good weekend everyone!

• Like 1

Posted

A wet start in Dartford, grey and horrible, got food shopping this morning then off to the valley with my boy and surprisingly his girl friend, no doubt another defeat, but if other lose as well then safety and rebuilding will be imminent. Think I got a free day tomorrow, so if weather nice might suggest a run out to Broadstairs, love that place. Well let's hope the weather cheers up, sun come out and a few storm are set off (after end of football).

Have a good weekend and I hope numpty and everyone else stays fit and well.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all

Looks to be another day of descriptions beginning with the letter D

Damp

Dull

Depressing

Dreary

Dank (is that even a word? It sums up this morning quite nicely!)

Oh well, hopefully it will brighten up later with the odd storm thrown in for good measure!

Have a good day

SR

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all,

Cooler feel to the day here (and that is inside), not been out but plenty of rain has been had over the night/early morning period, misty/foggy murk last night has lifted so whilst dull and overcast it is a bit clearer to see out.

Well in or out, I hope you all have a great weekend. :)

Nice pics again be posted up :good:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. To echo above posts.....raining, dull,murky and dismal here in Ippy.

What a let down yesterday was for us storm fans. Never mind folks...fingers crossed for today. :)

Hope you all have a good week end.

Posted

High thin cloud here this morning but the sun is peeking through. Watching the forecasts carefully as off to Sandbanks later and hoping some of the expected blustery rain doesn't materialise over the weekend, although some storms would be very welcome.

My parents are staying there for the week next week, looks like they might get quite a mixture weather-wise. Our first ever paying guests over the Easter weekend left it in the same condition they found it, raved about it and want to come back in August, so we are happy:)

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 2

Posted

Started to brighten up a bit here now but having seen the forecast I do not expect that to continue, oh well, looks like I may get a bit wet doing the shopping then.

• Like 1

Posted

lol @ Ben Nevis - have a read of the various south east county weather books by Bob Ogley and friends. Amazing some of the snow storms in April in the south east in history.As with all extreme weather though its generally better watching from home. Here I see many lightning strikes hitting the mountains so when I'm hiking and a storm is coming in I run off that mountain as fast as I can lol.I will look forward to seeing some good storms this year in the UK and hope everyone stays safe chasing them

Morning All. :)Many of them historic April snow storms occurred during the 17th/18th Century. We need Krakatoa and many dormant volcanoes to wake up not forgetting a little ice age (not much to ask) We are overdue a proper Ice Age, humanity's infulence has put it on hold. We do good for storms in the UK especially the South East. You can almost be certain of a good storm, the summer heat usually is the spark :) Last years storms was Epic! The vivid blue/purple CG Lightning was what I call a proper firework display :)post-19153-0-17883200-1398508965_thumb.j^ From last year June, not my own. But I'll be looking out this year. Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Morning All. :)Many of them historic April snow storms occurred during the 17th/18th Century. We need Krakatoa and many dormant volcanoes to wake up not forgetting a little ice age (not much to ask) We are overdue a proper Ice Age, humanity's infulence has put it on hold. We do good for storms in the UK especially the South East. You can almost be certain of a good storm, the summer heat usually is the spark :) Last years storms was Epic! The vivid blue/purple CG Lightning was what I call a proper firework display :) 

Multiple volcanic eruptions and a new ice age would spell doom for mankind, there would be no one left on the planet to see the snow! :(  Boy was it  cold this morning though and the BBC are talking frosts, looks like May could be a cold one, just planted stuff in the garden...........typical!

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

Multiple volcanic eruptions and a new ice age would spell doom for mankind, there would be no one left on the planet to see the snow! :(  Boy was it  cold this morning though and the BBC are talking frosts, looks like May could be a cold one, just planted stuff in the garden...........typical!

Naa strongly doubt that, if the supervolcano in Yellowstone erupted North America would be in peril. We would survive a ice age, those in north latitudes like Canada, Russia would go "sarf" mankind will never die out by natural phenomena. We survived the last one, and we would be much better equipped then all them years ago. This end of the world thing has really gripped you :p Live for today is what I'll say.

Posted

Imports incoming just leaving the French Coast have become active producing lightning all heading our way!!!! :)

Posted

Just back in from shopping and it stayed dry and quite mild which was un-expected, some light spots of rain in the breeze right now though, but some sunny spells too so not all too bad.  Should be in for the day now so it can do what it wants for all I care.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Imports incoming just leaving the French Coast have become active producing lightning all heading our way!!!! :)

sadly they are not 'imports' as such, just pulse type showers/short lived storms that are spiraling around the LP in the SW approaches, any one individual cell will last about 20-30 mins before the updraft gets swamped by descending rain cooled air.........if you watch the radar you can see this happening as the bands of precip wax and wane as undrafts develop and then dissipate......worth keeping an eye on the radar though as some folk might get lucky with the timing of these shower bands

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all...

Early start for me today, and it was very wet and miserable. Come mid morning the rain stopped, the cloud broke and it's been great every since. Took my son for our first trip of the year to one of the gorges nearby which we haven't been to since last autumn. The shaded parts are still very much flooded, and the tree damage by the winter wind storms was awful. A few of these trees where atleast 7 meters tall. The sky is now being peppered by cloud, and the breeze seems more noticeable.

Have a good one guys LD

• Like 1

Posted

Morning All. :)

Many of them historic April snow storms occurred during the 17th/18th Century. We need Krakatoa and many dormant volcanoes to wake up not forgetting a little ice age (not much to ask) We are overdue a proper Ice Age, humanity's infulence has put it on hold. We do good for storms in the UK especially the South East. You can almost be certain of a good storm, the summer heat usually is the spark :) Last years storms was Epic! The vivid blue/purple CG Lightning was what I call a proper firework display :)

http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gifimage.jpg

^ From last year June, not my own. But I'll be looking out this year.

This got me thinking to see if we had many snowfalls late in the year recently. This might surprise you, it did me...

http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/how-often-does-it-snow-in-may/

Quite shocking so u never know what might happen in the next week. Hopefully not though. Bring on the hot weather and juicy storms. :-)

Posted

This got me thinking to see if we had many snowfalls late in the year recently. This might surprise you, it did me...http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2012/05/15/how-often-does-it-snow-in-may/Quite shocking so u never know what might happen in the next week. Hopefully not though. Bring on the hot weather and juicy storms. :-)

Interesting... Not as rare as I first thought - 1979 repeat? Lol :p CC you'll bring us goodluck I can envisage the stormiest spell since records began,A supercell the size of Poland? Haha. Edited by Daniel*

Posted

I do feel the south east will have a stormy year, not based on any technical knowledge, just gut feeling so I will be eagerly looking out for your updates.

The size of Poland? wow that's quite the image lol.

I'm still dealing with snow here :-(

Edited by canadiancoops
  • Like 2

Posted

http://www.weathercharts.org/ukmomslp.htm

Tomorrow sun and some heavy showers

Wetter the further south you are

Monday wet not cold

Tuesday wet not cold

Back to updating either tomorrow or monday night

Hope your all well

John :-)

• Like 3

Posted

Feeling a tad cooler here as we dip into single figure temps out, 9.4oC at the mo, stayed mainly dry and bright all day too.

Posted

Morning all. :hi: . I hope you are having a good weekend.

I thought i heard a distant rumble of thunder a few minutes ago but probably mistaken. There are some showers in the vicinity though, mostly to the south west of the Metropolis for now. I suspect the main chances will remain just to the west of our region but happy to be proved wrong.

BB54

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Hi Steve,

Frontal cloud arrived at almost the perfect time here to interact with the sunrise this morning, such incredible patterns and colour that you could almost think you were looking at the surface of Jupiter.

http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif26414 007.JPG http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif26414 024.JPG http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif26414 050.JPG http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif26414 053.JPG http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif26414 057.JPG

At the same time looking out to the west, there was a steep-sided rainbow, not bad for 5.30 in the morning and by 6.00am it was virtually all gone as the rain set in.

http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif26414 085.JPG http:////d321955.r.worldssl.net/forum/public/style_images/tctc91_simplify/attachicon.gif26414 088.JPG

For me it more than made up for the disappointment of yesterday's overcast murk. Currently about 10c, the same as it was at 5.30am and still raining.

Have a nice weekend :)

Nice photos Ian. I suspect there may have been similar sights here at the same time. :good: I was up by 5:45, but too late.

Mostly clear skies here at the moment. I doubt it'll last.

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting rain core just to the west of Bognor Regis being caught on the live webcam just now.....

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted

Morning all

Very wet in Reigate. 8.7c. Not a great day to have picked to have 8 people round for an outdoor lunch, now trying to work out how we seat 13 people indoors.....

Have a good day

AS

• Like 2