Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 11/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Was foggy here this morning, the ferries where cancelled again!, patchy in places but generally visibility was poor, temp didn't get above 8c, but it has felt much colder and it has been sooo gloomy all day, not spring like at all

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Horrible day today, damp, breezy and damn cold.

I suppose that after a few days of sun and quite warm weather it's easy to forget that it's only mid March.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Looks like another bore fest is on the cards for the region with a nagging cold wind, cloud and drizzle.

Maybe a decent day for those outside jobs but when mine involves power washing everything around the property that doesn't move I'd prefer some sun and warmth.

Looks like another bore fest is on the cards for the region with a nagging cold wind, cloud and drizzle.Maybe a decent day for those outside jobs but when mine involves power washing everything around the property that doesn't move I'd prefer some sun and warmth.

Satellite shows barely a cloud in the sky for the rest of England but covers this region almost exactly.

NW wind providing typically disappointing weather.

Posted

90% of England under clear, warm, blue skies. The 10% under a blanket of cloud, cold, and drizzle. Sods law it has to be here in the NW.

• Like 1

Frustrating in parts of north Cheshire in particular, where the blue skies and sunshine have been visible to the south and southwest most of the day. Chester has been pretty much cloudless since late morning, then in a line across mid Cheshire to Staffordshire.

Cloud is now starting to break here near Warrington.

Posted

90% of England under clear, warm, blue skies. The 10% under a blanket of cloud, cold, and drizzle. Sods law it has to be here in the NW.

Well it's certainly been stubborn here.Dry, then drizzle then dry and so on throughout the day and a cold raw wind adding to the feel.Anyway no doubt the TV forecasts tonight will be telling me what a lovely day it has been so I better make sure that there is nothing within throwing distance at the time.

Posted

Frustrating in parts of north Cheshire in particular, where the blue skies and sunshine have been visible to the south and southwest most of the day. Chester has been pretty much cloudless since late morning, then in a line across mid Cheshire to Staffordshire.

Cloud is now starting to break here near Warrington.

Yes this afternoon must have been maddening in Cheshire, I've had sunshine pretty much dawn to dusk yet I could see cloud during the afternoon along the horizon from NNW through ESE. It looked as though Crewe, Stoke and Warrington would have been under it while we were clear. We had our turn on Weds and Thur with that wretched stubborn fog and low cloud while further north was sunny.

Posted

Another dank day here with low cloud and drizzle, but thankfully it did clear later this afternoon. Disappointing temperatures, maximum of 8 degrees.

Next week looks a cloudy dull affair in the main with rain and gusty westerlies.

Posted

Don't like the new like this thingy a bit impersonal I think !!....

yeah it is
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Get rid of the like button, never liked it, cannot now see who likes posts, or unlike it after, clicked it to see what happened, and cannot unlike it

• Like 4

Posted

I liked this post......see there are ways round it ;)
  • Like 2

Posted

mokidugway likes this !!...

its snowjokes likes your comment about the comment you left about liking his post :) Edited by itsnowjoke
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Bi eck we are getting some right gusts along with the rain...thought it wasnt meant to be happening until weds night through thursday?

• Like 2

Posted

Moderate rain accompanied by a few gusts here too, certainly got the garden wet. Went as quickly as it arrived.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

I think this weekend is going to be a interesting one. It is going to be a lot colder and hopefully some white stuff on its way. If that fails than Winter is finished then.

I want snow so badly!!

Edited by pip22
  • Like 1