Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 27/2/14 18z----->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I'm surprised it wasn't a tad windy.

It was quite breezy here in Falmouth but after abuout 3.30/4 the wind really dropped and became even more pleasant. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well its has been a stunning day here. It is my last week in Princetown.

Whilst people may look at my elevation and snow reports and think I am lucky, I assure you living here is in no way lucky.

Its a thoroughly depressing place where most of the people, bar a few friends of mine, are strange and have clearly lived in the bottom end of nowhere for far too long due to the second head protruding from their neck.

So people of netweather, if you are ever lured by the promise of a colder climate and snow and fancy Princetown as a destination, I encourage you to rethink your decision because it will be the worst you ever make!

I am moving to Plympton, and whilst it is a measly 100ft ASL, its civilisation, and that's just fine with me.

Signing off, soon to be formally Beast of Dartmoor.

Better get thinking of that new name then, Beast. There must be some lovely memories of the place even then, surely? Even the worst places can have their beauty, its all in the eye of the beholder. I do believe one or two folk (boy racers?) may well have ruined a few of your better days from what I vaguely recall. Nonetheless enjoy the new town and please stay connected with us netweather dudes. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Temperatures absolutely sky rocketing here, sitting at 16.7c here as I type, I expect a 18c/19c would be possible for my location. It wouldn't surprise if 21c/70f is breached somewhere within the UK today at this rate.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

GLORIOUS! 15c here in Falmouth, barely any wind. PERFECT.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

19.4c. at  13:11... Now coming down 16.4c. In the shade 12.8c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Bournemouth must have a nagging wind, temperature suppressed to 14℃ while it's 17℃ here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Got to 18.2c today with wall to wall sunshine and light winds.

Hope there's many more days like today to come

Posted

Got to 18.2c today with wall to wall sunshine and light winds.

Hope there's many more days like today to come

At least another eight to ten dry days to come and maybe more, my feeling for March being a rather special one is on target for now.

• Like 1

Posted

A week ago we saw this.

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/?p=2941027

There were some doubts raised over the longer-term signals but for me once the GFS went all out for a broad HP influence, I could sense little chance of a return to its more normal default zonal pattern (which it models well more especilly in hi-res).

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/79434-model-output-discussion-13th-feb-onwards/?p=2941325

The week three, even week four outcome is still plausible in my opinion but any breakdown remains out of the reliable timeframe for now and it is possible this could turn into a notable period without precipitation, given what has occurred in the last four months or so.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Better get thinking of that new name then, Beast. There must be some lovely memories of the place even then, surely? Even the worst places can have their beauty, its all in the eye of the beholder. I do believe one or two folk (boy racers?) may well have ruined a few of your better days from what I vaguely recall. Nonetheless enjoy the new town and please stay connected with us netweather dudes. Posted Image

Sorry for the late reply.... Been packing! You are right, there are a couple of good memories and I will be keeping some very good friends. And yes, the boy racers are irritating. But I think its deeper than that, the place just feels wrong.... Like it should have been left to the ponies after all!

I think the people who have been here all their life deal with it, because they know no different, and it shows. But for us, we need normal people and a normal place!

So a new name will be necessary. Perhaps the Penguin of Plympton? Any thoughts! And of course, I will still be on here all the time!

Posted

What a beautiful day yesterday was.  I'm raising my cuppa to many more like that, so I am hoping you're right GLTW.  If not, well I'm off to Crete 4 weeks tomorrow as I need some sunshine and warmth on my old bones. (Not that I am counting ;) )

Things are a lot happier around here, the flood water is falling and people are able to use a lot of the roads again, which is great news as a 10 minute drive turns into 45 minutes plus due to diversions.

On the flip side; people are returning to their homes and having to deal with the fall out of the last 2 months.  It's going to be a long, costly and emotional process dealing with the clean up.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

After a glorious start to the day, low cloud is rolling in from the north east, hopefully the sun get to work on it to leave a nice afternoon

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry for the late reply.... Been packing! You are right, there are a couple of good memories and I will be keeping some very good friends. And yes, the boy racers are irritating. But I think its deeper than that, the place just feels wrong.... Like it should have been left to the ponies after all!I think the people who have been here all their life deal with it, because they know no different, and it shows. But for us, we need normal people and a normal place!So a new name will be necessary. Perhaps the Penguin of Plympton? Any thoughts! And of course, I will still be on here all the time!

Yes I imagine its the isolation of the place that makes it what it is and must be hard to deal with on occasions. Not so sure about the penguin but you're think of something, good luck with the move and at least its not raining now.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Cloudy. A few bright spells. 10.2c.Wind 14.8km/h Easterly.  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Looks like you guys on the Cornish coast are going to need a bigger boat... Lydia the Great White shark headed for the UK is getting even closer....

post-10773-0-06117600-1394461421_thumb.p

http://www.ocearch.org/profile/lydia/

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Looks like you guys on the Cornish coast are going to need a bigger boat... Lydia the Great White shark headed for the UK is getting even closer....

Posted ImageLydia-shark-Ocearch-3225754.png

It's interesting-ish but rather over hyped. Whites have been spotted by fisherman closer than that over the years. I expect there's dozens in that area but as one is tagged and being tracked, it makes the national news. :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold and Storms

Yes I imagine its the isolation of the place that makes it what it is and must be hard to deal with on occasions. Not so sure about the penguin but you're think of something, good luck with the move and at least its not raining now.

Yeah, the isolation doesn't help at all. Thanks for the good wishes and I will be back with a new name soon!
  • Like 1

Posted

Posted ImageLydia-shark-Ocearch-3225754.png

As Mapantz says others have been reported closer inshore, in fact my father believed he saw one breaching along the same time that the GWS was reported off Padstow some ten years ago or so. The only thing that attracted his eye at the time was a lot of gulls encircling the area, quite a bit offshore but still visible via binoculars. In time, the warmer oceans will bring them in along with all the other gulf stream driven species. Mako sharks aren't that rare either and they are also big blighters.

Posted

A much chillier day today, but still DRY. Posted Image At least another seven (7) largely DRY days to come too. Posted Image

Sorry, just wanted to post something more akin to the regional's header description. Posted Image