Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales, The Midlands and Southwest England - Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Looks like it will rain on my Birthday next Monday for the first time in years. :(

I remember it in 1995, as an unbelievably hot day, friday 30th June 1995

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

23°C and blue skies

A bit of rain for the end of the week, nothing to write home about. A degree or two could probably be added to the temps.

post-15177-0-67544600-1403606179_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Not looking to good at all for next Monday for one's Birthday :( Costa Del Fal... I know why not have a day out to Falmouth, that'll cheer you up :D

IrememberAtlantic252.... Maybe not the right time just now :rofl:

A max of 22.6c yesterday, min of 10.1c. A heavy shower in the afternoon giving 2mm.

Another warm, sunny and humid day coming up it seems. 19.3c currently. Looking in the models at last an end is in sight, you've been dearly missed my sweet Atlantic.

• Like 1

Posted

I know I'll be in a minority of one when I say this, but I'm *really* looking forward to some rain over the next few days. Us hay fever sufferers are having a bad time at the moment, so a couple of big downpours would feel like heaven!

Bish

• Like 1

Posted

Been beautiful here of late, maxed out at 25.4c yest which was just perfect, so I am not looking forward to the breakdown one bit....even though my hat fever should become much less of an issue.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Hi guys, I don't post on here very often but I wondered of anyone with much greater weather knowledge than me would be perpared to hazard a guess at to the potential weather forecast for August for Pembrokeshire.  The first two weeks I'm on holiday down there and last year the same fortnight was absolutely glorious with me and my family getting about 10 days on the beaches.

I've seen conflicting predictions with some 'weather gurus' saying August will be naff with a lot of cool and wet weather about whilst others say that August will be potentially the best of the three summer months although June hasn't been bad so far!

i don't understand synoptics and charts very well so I was hoping that some of you would be able to give a bit of guidance as to what the models are saying.  Thanks very much.

Not going to hazard a guess, but Augusts tend to be disappointing over West Wales, can't remember the last especially good one as in consistently dry, warm and sunny, unless you go all the way back to the amazing August 1995 :) Few real washout months of late however, apart from August 2012 having 159mm. One thing in your favour though, is that the first half of August tends to be more settled, drier and warmer than the second half. I suppose we are due another 1995 anytime soon...

Edited by TonyH

Posted

I know I'll be in a minority of one when I say this, but I'm *really* looking forward to some rain over the next few days. Us hay fever sufferers are having a bad time at the moment, so a couple of big downpours would feel like heaven!

Bish

My daughter is in the same boat as you Bish.... Some relief on the way this weekend then :) funny enough i'm just on the way to the Chemists to try this new Prevalin http://www.prevalin.com/ie/howItWorks.php#

• Like 1

Posted

A max of 22.6c yesterday and a min of just 9.5c. Getting some good diurnal temperature ranges lately. Currently 21.9c. Feels very warm and humid, urghh, think today might be the worst yet.

Some nice convection building especially over the Beacons.

The largest diurnal range of this spell was on Sunday, min 3.5c, max 20.4c, range 16.9c; 20c ranges are not unusual however.

Posted

21.1c here, the day max so far. Glad I live in these Welsh mountains which keeps the temps lower in summer. Is that green thing a manual raingauge?

Yeah. The Vue is notorious for under-reading in windy weather, so I have a simple manual one to check or offset against the Vue.:)I have a Netatmo station in a self-made Stevenson screen under that manual gauge, that has registered the same temp as the Vue today, both at 25.5°C Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted

Had a max of 24.7c earlier but now a sea breeze combined with a line of increased cumulus from the sea breeze convergence blocking the sun means the temp is 21.5c here now, despite Exeter Airport sitting at 25c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Bish

You're in a minority of two!. I spend a good deal of time trawling through every model run to find evidence of forthcoming rainfall. I don't suffer from hay fever either, I just like rain.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

You're in a minority of two!. I spend a good deal of time trawling through every model run to find evidence of forthcoming rainfall. I don't suffer from hay fever either, rainI just like .

U need to be lower down in winter then, if you like rain, try loving at just over 100m, swap elevations if you like?

Posted

Intriguing forecast by Ian Fergusson on BBC Points West this evening, no mention of any periods/bands of rain but mention of sharp and possibly thundery showers Friday and Saturday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

U need to be lower down in winter then, if you like rain, try loving at just over 100m, swap elevations if you like?

No thanks, I like snow just as much.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

I've never "loved at a 100m" and hopefully never will  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Interesting weather

I guess the cold front they talked about earlier just came over, I have never seen anything like it, gigantic silent clouds moving very fast above with almost no wind on the surface. Bye bye sunny weather!

Edited later: I guess it was just a storm, hot and sunny again here, oops!

Edited by Woollymummy

Hi guys, I don't post on here very often but I wondered of anyone with much greater weather knowledge than me would be perpared to hazard a guess at to the potential weather forecast for August for Pembrokeshire.  The first two weeks I'm on holiday down there and last year the same fortnight was absolutely glorious with me and my family getting about 10 days on the beaches.

I've seen conflicting predictions with some 'weather gurus' saying August will be naff with a lot of cool and wet weather about whilst others say that August will be potentially the best of the three summer months although June hasn't been bad so far!

i don't understand synoptics and charts very well so I was hoping that some of you would be able to give a bit of guidance as to what the models are saying.  Thanks very much.

No one really knows, but given the past 10 years or so, we are overdue a good August, August by and large hasn't been a washout, but it has been disappointingly cloudy.

As others have said the settled spell of the past 2 weeks is coming to an end, perhaps though we can still eke out 2 more decent days.

Edited by J10

Posted

Still 16.5C here.

I was experimenting with the camera on my phone, and managed a few of these shots..

Not sure how they'll look on here, as it will kill the resolution.

post-15177-0-98963000-1403652537_thumb.jpost-15177-0-60791600-1403652634_thumb.jpost-15177-0-14041400-1403652709_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted

Another nice day, broken cloud :) feels fresher, temps here at 15.9c.

Friday not looking to good (if you love sun that is) Unsettled across central and southern parts with showers or more persistent rain, and a risk of thundery downpours.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

My garden is looking forward to friday and by the end of this weekend if the GFS is right the rainfall totals aren't looking to bad at all.

Posted Image

My rainfall totals in the first week of June weren't bad at all but since then... well the chart below says it all!

post-11006-0-03167600-1403695377_thumb.j

Edited by Dancerwithwings
  • Like 1

Posted

Spells of hazy sunshine and a light SE breeze making it the warmest day of the year to date, max so far 23.1c.

Edited by TonyH